Author Topic: Kids in Program Credible?  (Read 30743 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Kids in Program Credible?
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2010, 10:36:43 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
I'm actually still interested to see if he'd be willing to name a single program currently operating in the US that he would consider to be abusive.

I'd like to see that too.  It doesn't seem that there's one that we've discussed here that he disagrees with.

Maybe they closed all the abusive ones down and only good ones are left.  We should look into that.

Answer the question honestly.  Do you have a problem with ANY of the programs running today?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2010, 10:50:34 AM »
I'm actually still interested to see if he'd be willing to name a single program currently operating in the US that he would consider to be abusive.

I'd like to see that too.  It doesn't seem that there's one that we've discussed here that he disagrees with.

Maybe they closed all the abusive ones down and only good ones are left.  We should look into that.

Answer the question honestly.  Do you have a problem with ANY of the programs running today?

I have given out a list a few times in the past.  How about you being honest and listing the programs you consider non abusive?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2010, 10:57:40 AM »

I have given out a list a few times in the past.  How about you being honest and listing the programs you consider non abusive?

Why must you always turn it around to someone else?  The question was posed to YOU, not me.

I must have missed your list.  Would you please repost the list of programs you consider to be abusive?

Off the top of my head I can think of PMI (Pinellas Marine Institute).  The kids aren't slammed with confrontational 'therapy', have mentors that don't scream at them or make them wear silly signs to designate them as this or that, see real doctors and learn real world skills, i.e. marine mechanics etc.  There may be other AMI programs that have abusive qualities, but from what I've personally seen at PMI, it's not too bad.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2010, 11:22:58 AM »

Why must you always turn it around to someone else?  The question was posed to YOU, not me.

I must have missed your list.  Would you please repost the list of programs you consider to be abusive?

Off the top of my head I can think of PMI (Pinellas Marine Institute).  The kids aren't slammed with confrontational 'therapy', have mentors that don't scream at them or make them wear silly signs to designate them as this or that, see real doctors and learn real world skills, i.e. marine mechanics etc.  There may be other AMI programs that have abusive qualities, but from what I've personally seen at PMI, it's not too bad.

I dont have a list off the top of my head.  I posted 8 programs in the past that I thought were good.  The bad ones I think are mostly closed, I would stay away from the WWASP programs.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »

I see you ignored that question and I answered yours below.

I dont have a list off the top of my head.

How convenient.  I could at least come up with one that I consider less harmful.  You can't come up with even ONE current program that you consider abusive?

I posted 8 programs in the past that I thought were good.

And those would be......?

The bad ones I think are mostly closed,

Isn't HLA closed?  Did you not consider that to be abusive?  How about Paradise Cove?  How about Judge Rotenberg Educational Center using electroshock "therapy"?

I would stay away from the WWASP programs.

I'm truly shocked.

I'd still like an answer to the original question.  Dig around if you need to.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »
Darrington Academy in Georgia I think has problems and pending lawsuits.

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2010, 12:30:15 PM »

So do a half-dozen Aspen programs.  They are abusive too and should therefore be avoided.
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2010, 03:59:23 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"

So do a half-dozen Aspen programs.  They are abusive too and should therefore be avoided.

If there are any programs which are under investigation for abuse or found to be abusive then they should be avoided also.  I think we agree here.

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2010, 04:09:36 PM »
Aspen has lots of problems and several active lawsuits.  They are abusive.  Several Aspen programs were shut down for abusing and even killing kids.
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2010, 04:21:33 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Aspen has lots of problems and several active lawsuits.  They are abusive.  Several Aspen programs were shut down for abusing and even killing kids.

Then those programs should be avoided.  I think one area that we all agree on is that if a program is abusive it should be avoided and or shut down.  It doesnt matter who owns it in my opinion.

Offline Gonzotherapy

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2010, 05:45:52 PM »

sorry it hurts so much Gonzo.  The book was independent.  (you cant shake that).  The study was independent too (had oversight by a third party).  Cant shake that either.

Do I think for a moment that you will accept this?  Not at all, how could you?  How could anyone here on fornits?  What would happen to this site?

But the studies are out there.  It was also presented to the APA annual meeting.  I have a friend who thinks all the cancer studies are fixed because the researchers are doctors who work for the industry.  He can think what he wants just like you can Gonzo.

You wanted Studies and a book by a Pulitzer prized winning author.. you got it lol and I provided links

If you want to reject them, it is up to you.

Why would a program let a journalist come in and write anything bad about it. I guarantee you that they made him sign a contract that it had to be a pro-program book or they would not let him use the information he found there. They would have sued his ass if he defamed them.

And as far as you "psychologist" link, all she does for a living is help programs. She makes her entire livelihood off of programs. And again, she is from Utah. Red flags left and right, WWASPS birthplace, lack of child safety laws. Not to mention the fact that SEVERAL Aspen programs are clients of hers.

When you provide info, if you want it to be taken seriously, it must be independent information. People who profit from programs are obviously biased, why would they shoot themselves in the foot? That would be like you coming on here and admitting that you profit from programs and you and all your cohorts are lying thieving pieces of shit.

dO yOu seE WHat I MeAN?  :ftard:  :beat:

20/20 did a story on Paradise Cove exposing their abuse, it was shut down not long after, the footage from that show is now banned in the US. Why? Because programs buy their way out of trouble ALL THE TIME!

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2010, 06:38:35 PM »
Quote from: "Gonzotherapy"
Why would a program let a journalist come in and write anything bad about it. I guarantee you that they made him sign a contract that it had to be a pro-program book or they would not let him use the information he found there. They would have sued his ass if he defamed them.

Ha,Ha,Ha  Yup a "Pulitzer prized" author is going to sign a contract to lie in his book.  Hmmmm.

And as far as you "psychologist" link, all she does for a living is help programs. She makes her entire livelihood off of programs. And again, she is from Utah. Red flags left and right, WWASPS birthplace, lack of child safety laws. Not to mention the fact that SEVERAL Aspen programs are clients of hers.

Oh no she is from Utah, Red flag. I think you convinced all of us, great argument.  lol