Author Topic: Planned facility: Renewing Hope Academy - any info?  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
Re: Planned facility: Renewing Hope Academy - any info?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 05:04:37 AM »
Three stooges get together to make a shithole specifically targeted at aspies... and they're actually dumb enough to post their resumes on an Internet absolutely filled with aspies? Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk! It'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, is crazy enough to give these dipshits money. Assuming this doesn't die a quiet death when they realize the enormity of their mistake.

Good time as any to archive. One of them says it's "copy write protected". But since it's not copyright protected, there's nothing to worry about. :rofl: (And these guys think they can run a business?)
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 07:59:21 AM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
... and they're actually dumb enough to post their resumes on an Internet absolutely filled with aspies?

Pile you should do your homework a little.  Children with Aspergers realize very early on that they are different than the other children and would like to fit in but cannot.  They are typically picked on and struggle with the whole social process.  If they were on line (as you say) and came across this business that was being started up they would be curious about it (not upset as you think).  They would probably want to learn more about it and how they expect to help kids with these social issues, not fight them.
Aspies are high functioning kids, although they fall under the umbrella of autism.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 08:25:53 AM »
I happen to agree. We have them in our ordinary schools but they need space, fixed rutines and structure. It takes the other students some adjustment but it can be done.

I think I can remember that Summit School in New York put such a student in the same room with a student suffering from another illness and one of them was thrown out of the windows and died as result. It can go very wrong if people are not setting up some guidelines.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 11:14:37 AM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
I happen to agree. We have them in our ordinary schools but they need space, fixed rutines and structure. It takes the other students some adjustment but it can be done.

I think I can remember that Summit School in New York put such a student in the same room with a student suffering from another illness and one of them was thrown out of the windows and died as result. It can go very wrong if people are not setting up some guidelines.

I am not in support of putting kids with aspergers in regular programs.  This kids would do poorly in my opinion if placed in program social situations with other kids with social issues of their own.  From what I know about Aspergers they would do best if placed in a program with other Aspergers kids only.  That is assuming that these kids need to be in a program to begin with.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 02:42:26 PM »
Just to point out what it demands to make room for kids which suffers from various mental or physical challenges, I have to say that my childs schedule includes 1 hours where the class discuss the team work and solve various potential disputes.

During such an hours everyone is invited to share what bothers them and solutions are suggested about how to solve them. Bullying is totally out of the question and the school as a special team of teachers who are trained to solve various conflicts. Form 7 students in the elementary and middle schools (One unit in Denmark from Form Zero to Form 9) are trained as extra helpers for the teachers on the campus where they have to stabilize a situation which can be unscaled to a conflict or even a fight.

The trend is that alternative and residential schools is an extra paid solution for parents because the nationwide fight against bullying which is a question discussed on parliamential level has paid so much out that you don't need to separate violent students from the general student population. In Jutland the students in some public schools have convinced the school boards that the tardy students should be given work crew instead of detention as explained in this article which google translate so poorly into English.

Without the cooperation of the general student population integrating special need students will be a very tough job, but once it is done the benefit for the entire society is fewer hate crimes and better knowledge for role of one person in relation to the society.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 04:36:05 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
Just to point out what it demands to make room for kids which suffers from various mental or physical challenges, I have to say that my childs schedule includes 1 hours where the class discuss the team work and solve various potential disputes.

During such an hours everyone is invited to share what bothers them and solutions are suggested about how to solve them. Bullying is totally out of the question and the school as a special team of teachers who are trained to solve various conflicts. Form 7 students in the elementary and middle schools (One unit in Denmark from Form Zero to Form 9) are trained as extra helpers for the teachers on the campus where they have to stabilize a situation which can be unscaled to a conflict or even a fight.

The trend is that alternative and residential schools is an extra paid solution for parents because the nationwide fight against bullying which is a question discussed on parliamential level has paid so much out that you don't need to separate violent students from the general student population. In Jutland the students in some public schools have convinced the school boards that the tardy students should be given work crew instead of detention as explained in this article which google translate so poorly into English.

Without the cooperation of the general student population integrating special need students will be a very tough job, but once it is done the benefit for the entire society is fewer hate crimes and better knowledge for role of one person in relation to the society.

Here in the states (in  Massachusetts) the kids are integrated starting from the beginning.  So by the time the kids are older (high school) they know each other and it helps with everyone tolerating the disability and/or differences.  Which reduces bullying and facilitates in helping these kids remain integrated.