Author Topic: as seen on tv  (Read 2469 times)

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
as seen on tv
« on: November 12, 2010, 10:41:14 PM »
Believe it or not I saw a comercial for this place on tv.Anybody have any further info.? Sounds like complete quackery to me
 http://www.thetotaltransformation.com/d ... enting.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: as seen on tv
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 01:37:08 AM »
But wait, order now, and we'll double your order. That's right you will receive enough catch phrases and pixie dust to fix 2 children. Just pay separate shipping and handling charges.
And you can do it all from your own home.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:32:43 AM »
The Bad Kid fixer went to Daytop. See also this thread for Total Transformation

Ordinarily I wouldn’t have a problem with something that (while it across as a bit dog whisperer) promises to impart advice involving emphasis on communication, de-escalation and setting limits to those who might be surprised to find that their teen is adolescent, but that this guy went through Daytop as a client and is said to have then also gone on to become a director at Élan chills me.  

…Oh, wait they have an offer on their site which says that (for a limited time) I can buy the product, use the product, and get a total refund in exchange for my feedback…

…Ah, here we have a website which offers another advert for the product + a link to all too familiar referral service (struggling teens) + some parent chat on the topic of “how we found the right boot camp for our son” and this month’s podcast is James Lehman…Clicking their link gives us a link to still another sell “The complete guide to consequences” (that having read to me in the Daytop inflection just made me shiver) Um, anyway for the lower price of $79 you get from James Lehman “a $149 value” --that I guess couldn’t be had for the three monthly $109 installments of the “Total Transformation”

…They’re stepping it up a notch from dog whisperer, but interestingly they promise control with “no screaming” and a review under the headline “empathy before discipline” seems as non-Élan as “emotional reactions are not effective consequences” has a so not daytop concept sound to it, but soundbites like that would come in handy for serving up some albeit watered down Kool-aid.

Post #270 in this that Ursus retrieved tells that there’s just no accounting for accountability… unless you count the fact that in another thread it’s reported that at least some kid tagged Jim and broke his nose in Élan's ring.

I’d order it —just to see if it has an “if all else fails for your ‘ODD’ kid” referral punch line, but my sensibilities won’t allow for that when I’m not dulled to deal. I'll leave it to SEKTO… maybe he will tolerate exploring this differently than I would.

LOL this reviewer’s observations on the ad were fun http://infomercialagony.com/?p=567
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:14:45 AM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
But wait, order now, and we'll double your order. That's right you will receive enough catch phrases and pixie dust to fix 2 children. Just pay separate shipping and handling charges.
And you can do it all from your own home.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

First 100 callers get 50% off our Sweat Lodge retreat in Arizona!

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:29:20 PM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
The Bad Kid fixer went to Daytop. See also this thread for Total Transformation

…Ah, here we have a website which offers another advert for the product + a link to all too familiar referral service (struggling teens) + some parent chat on the topic of “how we found the right boot camp for our son” and this month’s podcast is James Lehman…Clicking their link gives us a link to still another sell “The complete guide to consequences” (that having read to me in the Daytop inflection just made me shiver) Um, anyway for the lower price of $79 you get from James Lehman “a $149 value” --that I guess couldn’t be had for the three monthly $109 installments of the “Total Transformation”

I had some sympathy for this woman. The kid was being sent to a boot camp. Nobody would want that for their kid. Given that his issue was drug related i cant understand why the parole officer did not send him to a legitimate rehab as both a boot camp and a "therapeutic" school are pretty unhelpful. There are plenty around. I did however note that struggling teens got a plug. Maybe this guy has a relationship with them
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 11:06:13 PM »
@Oz girl:I too sympathize with a parent who finds themselves in the difficult plight of their seventeen year old being court ordered to treatment over a marijuana possession charge. Not to mention the kid who has to go.
Indeed it seems this one (Kathy Pride) has made the most of the fact that the “just the right” program she selected was a wilderness program in Utah. She wrote a book about it.

The endorsement link to Struggling teens was in Kathy Pride’s post, so that connection is clear. Without knowing more than that the two happen to be peddling on the same “empowering” page to parents, it seems at a glance more like prudent product placement than evidence of any relationship between Lehman and that particular eh con group.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline paulwarnner23

• View Profile
    • http://www.propstarbrandedentertainment.com
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 12:15:04 PM »
Prudent product placement or smart product placement?