Author Topic: LIFE after LIFE  (Read 4872 times)

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
Re: LIFE after LIFE
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 07:33:06 AM »
Quote from: "Anon123"
I was in life I think from 83-86.  My brother was also, for a short time, I believe in 1986.  They kicked him out for going to church, knowing it would violate his probation.  He took his own life in 1991.  

I can't say I remember much about the program, I guess some of the steps, a few songs, belt loops, sleeping by the door, RSAs, Ms. Peggy (I think she was a grad of LIFE).  

Why did it shut down?

I am sorry for the loss of your brother, did his name begin with S or C?  I was in Life for 5 months in '85 - '86 and I can only remember two brother/sister pairs.  Of course, most of us survivors have holes in our memories and I am no exception.  I am glad you found this site, welcome to fornits.  I was a fifteen year old boy from up north, in case you're wondering, red/blonde hair.

Not sure why they shut down, but I can guess.  Many things they were doing were illegal under florida law, like holding kids against their will until they sign the intake papers.  Or allowing teenagers to put other teens in restraints.  Or Mrs. Pete's habit of dragging kids across the floor by their hair, take your pick.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »