Author Topic: This bitch really pisses me off!  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
This bitch really pisses me off!
« on: November 01, 2010, 02:02:13 PM »
http://www.parentdish.com/2010/09/20/oc ... ab00000002

We live on a fragile planet that is only a rogue asteroid away from oblivion. We should cherish every ...

Oh, never mind that!

Somewhere out there, an unwed mother who had 14 children may be about to collect welfare. This may not be true, but you might want to start grinding your teeth now. Just in case.

Stories about Nadya Suleman -- you know, "Octomom" -- collecting welfare are zipping through cyberspace at warp speed. Newspapers across the country have picked up the story. Almost all of them trace their routes back to the same starting point -- the gossip site RadarOnline.

How does RadarOnline know Suleman is about to go on the public dole? They asked someone. And the someone they asked is an anonymous source, one reportedly close to Octomom.

What more evidence do you need?

The source tells RadarOnline that Suleman sincerely wants to do the right thing and support her family by parading her life in front of us for our amusement, but the deal for a new reality TV show fell through.

"She was hoping for merchandising deals, but those never came through," Mysterious Source tells the site. "And she's written a book but no publisher wants it."

Mysterious Source adds Octomom may go on welfare as a result.

"Nadya will never come out publicly and say she's going on welfare but everyone close to her and familiar with her situation knows that it's going to happen very, very soon," Mysterious Source says. "She needs the money. She has no choice at this point. And she's been on public assistance before."

Suleman, herself, has told the press she wants to stay off public assistance, go back to school and get a master's degree in counseling.

Mysterious Source says that's not going to happen.

"Nadya's parents have done a lot to help her despite their difficult relationship," he or she tells RadarOnline. "But they aren't rich and they're struggling, too. Her father bought the house but he can't support her. There's just no choice. She's running out of money and those kids need to eat."

Oh, and RadarOnline also reports Suleman is behind on her mortgage payments. Again.

Related: 'Octomom' Doc Accused of Implanting 7 Embryos
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Re: This bitch really pisses me off!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:41:27 AM »
I 'bout half expected this to be about me ;-)

I have to say the whole octomom thing upsets me as well. Mostly I feel really aggravated with the doctor who did this. I seem to recall having read (or seen a news report) that she was on welfare when the procedure was done that produced all the babies. I feel that if it is true she was single and on on welfare of any sort - clearly not able to support even a small family -  then the doctor who did this should be made to pay child support and provide the family's health insurance. And also pay for the mom's mental health needs b/c it seems clear she has some issues that need to be addressed and basic health insurance seldom covers such care.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 11:02:46 AM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"

Oh HELL no....I might disagree with you on subjects, but there is no hate in my heart for  you.  Quite the opposite.

I have to say the whole octomom thing upsets me as well. Mostly I feel really aggravated with the doctor who did this. I seem to recall having read (or seen a news report) that she was on welfare when the procedure was done that produced all the babies.

True.

I feel that if it is true she was single and on on welfare of any sort - clearly not able to support even a small family -  then the doctor who did this should be made to pay child support and provide the family's health insurance. And also pay for the mom's mental health needs b/c it seems clear she has some issues that need to be addressed and basic health insurance seldom covers such care.

Yup, agreed completely.  Octomom is nothing more than an attention whore, but unique in the fact that she uses having so many kids as her way to get the attention.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Oh HELL no....I might disagree with you on subjects, but there is no hate in my heart for  you.  Quite the opposite.

I was teasiing :) but I'm glad it wasn't a truth spoken in jest!

I feel that if it is true she was single and on on welfare of any sort - clearly not able to support even a small family -  then the doctor who did this should be made to pay child support and provide the family's health insurance. And also pay for the mom's mental health needs b/c it seems clear she has some issues that need to be addressed and basic health insurance seldom covers such care.

Yup, agreed completely.  Octomom is nothing more than an attention whore, but unique in the fact that she uses having so many kids as her way to get the attention.

I think your right she is addicted to drama - an attention whore as you say - but I think it might be a little more complicated than that. Are you familiar with the problem of animal hoarding? After hearing the way she talks - her apparent lack of rational thinking and behavior on the subject - I have suspected she has the same problem but instead of gathering cats and dogs beyond number she is collecting/ hoarding infants.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 12:14:57 PM »

I was teasiing :) but I'm glad it wasn't a truth spoken in jest!

I know you were teasing, but still wanted you to know how I feel.  :peace:

I think your right she is addicted to drama - an attention whore as you say - but I think it might be a little more complicated than that. Are you familiar with the problem of animal hoarding? After hearing the way she talks - her apparent lack of rational thinking and behavior on the subject - I have suspected she has the same problem but instead of gathering cats and dogs beyond number she is collecting/ hoarding infants.

That's a good point to consider, but I think with her it really is more about the attention.   Just my opinion though.