Author Topic: Public School and Program Abuse  (Read 34352 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Public School and Program Abuse
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2010, 03:54:48 PM »
Quote from: "Troll Control"
Programs are a child predator's dream.  They get to have complete control over the kids they want to abuse and can even force them into isolation where it's the kid's word against theirs about what happened.  Most programs don't even do background checks on employees and hire bottom-of-the-barrel line staff that they cvall "counselors."

One program was opened by a pedophile and was given the Struggling Teens' "stamp of approval" after a visit and glowing review on the website.  The only problem was that the program owner was raping all the little girls in his care and was, after years of doing this, arrested and charged with over 120 counts of child sex abuse.

Yep, for a child predator, the Program is the place to be.

I disagree,  Programs are very highly structured with staff to child ratios close to 8:1 in many cases.  The kids are never left alone and are always in groups.  If you look at kids in public school they have a ton of free time on their hands.  Some of the kids go home to the teachers house after school where they are alone with them.  This all occurs before the parents get back from work.  So the opportunity is there for predators in the public sector.  Not so much in the private sector.

I think the data I have been presenting has supported this point thus far.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2010, 04:07:45 PM »
You are so full of crap. I've been to so many different schools moving around and have have not been abused by my teachers. Also, teachers don't bring students to their homes in modern times. Last, if any student breathes a word about the possibility of abuse, the teacher is gone.  Ruined.  

In a RESIDENTIAL program,there is PLENTY of opportunity for abuse aside from the trenchant psychological abuse that pervades the whole program.  And unfortunately, there is NOTHING you can do to safeguard yourself. For one thing, the programs maintain that complaints are manipulation tactics. For another, the kid is isolated.  Phones were locked. Letters censored.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 30, 2010, 04:22:31 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
You are so full of crap. I've been to so many different schools moving around and have have not been abused by my teachers. Also, teachers don't bring students to their homes in modern times. Last, if any student breathes a word about the possibility of abuse, the teacher is gone.  Ruined.  

In a RESIDENTIAL program,there is PLENTY of opportunity for abuse aside from the trenchant psychological abuse that pervades the whole program.  And unfortunately, there is NOTHING you can do to safeguard yourself. For one thing, the programs maintain that complaints are manipulation tactics. For another, the kid is isolated.  Phones were locked. Letters censored.

Its not like that anymore or at least in the programs that I am familiar with.  Phone calls are not monitored, if you attempt to run away more than once you are tossed out, The kids are never alone with any adults at all, they are always in groups or with another student.  The program is structured 24 hours a day.  The only opportunity I can see for a child being abused is at night if the other kids start to bully one in their room.  but even then they have night staff which would hear any disturbances.

Samara if you look at the sexual cases which I have been posting you will see that many took place at the teachers home or in the teachers car or hotel rooms.  This is nearly impossible for kids to be isolated and taken advantage of in this way if they are in a program.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 30, 2010, 07:54:57 PM »
I am sorry this happened to you. Its a good thing they have programs now where you dont have to endure that.

Which ones. Name them Whooter.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2010, 07:57:47 PM »
I disagree, Programs are very highly structured with staff to child ratios close to 8:1 in many cases. The kids are never left alone and are always in groups.

You're incorrect. Remember we spent time locked up in programs, you've never been in one. You're wrong, we're right. Inmates are left alone with staff on a regular basis, inmates are often driven to places in staff members personal vehicles with no supervison. Is this appropriate?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 30, 2010, 08:05:16 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
I am sorry this happened to you. Its a good thing they have programs now where you dont have to endure that.

Which ones. Name them Whooter.

Hold that thought, Bob, we just got something coming in over the wire.  Seems to be one or two a day now in public schools.

Quincy, IL

The jury trial of a former Quincy student teacher facing drug and sex charges has been set for Feb. 14.
   Thirty-six-year-old Darrold W. Frisbie Jr. is charged with delivery of a controlled substance, aggravated criminal sexual abuse, possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
   The sexual abuse charge stems from an April 17 incident reported by a 16-year-old. Frisbie also is accused of giving drugs to juveniles.
   Frisbie was a Quincy University student who was finishing up student teaching stints at two Quincy schools. He is free on $75,000 bond.

Link

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 01, 2010, 09:50:09 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Edited to add:  It sounds like your "reasoning" for not allowing an abuse hotline in programs......the hotline operator might talk dirty to them.   ::)

Ha,Ha,Ha  Thats funny, I remember that.

You really find that funny?  You have a strange sense of humor.  You do more damage to "your side" by posting the inane crap that you do here.  

Parents, these are the kinds of people that endorse these places.   Someone who thinks it's funny to deny an abuse hotline because the hotline operator might talk dirty to the kids.  No matter that the kids have no way of reporting to anyone the abuses they're suffering......just as long as the program keeps chugging along with zero negative remarks allowed, making money off of scared and naive parents at the expense of the kids.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2010, 09:59:08 AM »

Edited to add:  It sounds like your "reasoning" for not allowing an abuse hotline in programs......the hotline operator might talk dirty to them.   ::)

Ha,Ha,Ha  Thats funny, I remember that.

You really find that funny?  You have a strange sense of humor.  You do more damage to "your side" by posting the inane crap that you do here.  

Parents, these are the kinds of people that endorse these places.   Someone who thinks it's funny to deny an abuse hotline because the hotline operator might talk dirty to the kids.  No matter that the kids have no way of reporting to anyone the abuses they're suffering......just as long as the program keeps chugging along with zero negative remarks allowed, making money off of scared and naive parents at the expense of the kids.

Anne, I dont have a side, as you call it.  I am a moderate and believe some programs are abusive while others help kids.  As far as hot-lines go I am not against them, they would be good to have.  My comment about the "operator talking dirty"  was made to make a point and yes I think it was funny and still do.  The hot line people could have training issues too like everyone else. lol

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2010, 01:34:55 PM »
I disagree, Programs are very highly structured with staff to child ratios close to 8:1 in many cases. The kids are never left alone and are always in groups

8 to 1 staff to student?  That's laughable.  Show some evidence.

Kids are never left alone?  Also laughable.  Kids are put into isolation all the time.  They are constantly left alone with a single staff member for work assignments, etc.  I guess all of the rapes, sexual asaults, suicides and self-harm must be done in front of groups of kids and groups of staff eight times as large as the group of kids.  I wonder how these kids end up beaten, raped or dead by their own hand with dozens of people watching them all the time?

Whooter, you really have no idea what you're talking about and are blatantly lying yet again.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »
Public School Abuse

Dover, Del.

A phyiscal education teacher at Woodbridge High School in Bridgeville was arrested Nov. 30 on charges that he had sex with a 17-year old female student.

Derek J. Lofland, 32, of Greenwood, faces a total of 23 charges including fourth-degree rape, sexual solicitation of a child and second-degree unlawful sexual contact, police said.

According to Master Cpl. Bruce Harris, during the course of their investigation state police learned that Lofland and the victim allegedly developed a relationship in April of this year. Things escalated in May when the victim visited Lofland's office at Woodbridge Junior-Senior High School and assisted him with his duties, Harris said.

Police said during the course of the relationship Lofland allegedly engaged in inappropriate sexual contact with the victim while on school grounds as well as at his Greenwood residence. Lofland is also alleged to have sent explicit text messages to the victim.

At the time the crimes allegedly were committed, Lofland was the district's athletic director, said Woodbridge Superintendent Dr. Kevin E. Carson.

Carson said Lofland, who has worked for the district for eight years, has been placed on administrative leave pending further investigation.

Lofland was taken into custody at his residence without incident, Harris said.

After arraingnment, he was committed to the Sussex Correctional Institute on an $86,000 secured bond.
Link

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2010, 07:37:33 PM »
As usual Whooter hides behind his fabricated data whenever he comes across an question he can't answer, or a point he can't counter.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2010, 08:31:02 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
As usual Whooter hides behind his fabricated data whenever he comes across an question he can't answer, or a point he can't counter.

Sorry Bruce, it is the beginning of the month and the abuse within the Public school system begins again.  Lets pick up your points in a couple of days.

Looks like they rehire past people who were fired in past abuse cases  (tsk,tsk,tsk):

A TOOWOOMBA principal who was sacked after failing to report to police serious sexual abuse allegations against a teacher has been rehired.

The former principal has been employed as a supply teacher at a Catholic primary school in Ipswich, west of Brisbane, to the dismay of some victims' families, who declared him derelict in his duty for not reporting the allegations.

Yesterday families of five girls abused by former teacher Gerard Vincent Byrnes reached a settlement with the Catholic Church's Toowoomba diocese to discontinue their legal proceedings.

A further three girls' families are expected to settle their cases next year.

Byrnes, 61, pleaded guilty in April to 44 sexual abuse charges, including 33 of indecent treatment of a child under 16 and 10 counts of rape. Byrnes was sentenced to 10 years' jail, which is being appealed by the Queensland Attorney-General as insufficient to reflect the severity of the abuse.

Link

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2010, 09:06:20 PM »
Byrnes, 61, pleaded guilty in April to 44 sexual abuse charges, including 33 of indecent treatment of a child under 16 and 10 counts of rape. Byrnes was sentenced to 10 years' jail, which is being appealed by the Queensland Attorney-General as insufficient to reflect the severity of the abuse.

That bastard should be locked up for the rest of his life!!
?©?€~¥@

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2010, 11:44:12 PM »
Sorry Bruce, it is the beginning of the month and the abuse within the Public school system begins again. Lets pick up your points in a couple of days.

When are you planning on making yours?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2010, 09:58:20 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out the comparison between public schools and programs.  There are such vast differences and Whooter starting a thread titled this way implies that there's a legitimate comparison.  There isn't.  Yes, public schools are lacking in a lot of things, but they don't lock the kids down 24/7 and/or isolate them from the outside world.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa