Author Topic: Do Survivors Lie: Part Two (Why The Abused Lie)  (Read 7560 times)

Offline heretik

• View Profile
Re: Do Survivors Lie: Part Two (Why The Abused Lie)
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 12:58:13 AM »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:58:46 PM by heretik »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 01:14:11 AM »
jesus fucking Christ Danny, do you expect anyone to believe you aren't Heretikic? It is midnight in florida right now and you both can't be at work.

LAME....

Someone ban his other sock please, he's trolling people with two identities.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 11:02:58 AM »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:59:15 PM by heretik »

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »
::)  0/10.
"The ricketty and scrofulous little wretch who first sees the light in a work-house, or in a brothel, and who feels the effects of alcohol before the effects of vital air, is not equal in any respect to the ruddy offspring of the honest yeoman; nay, I will go further, and say that a prince, provided he is no better born than royal blood will make him, is not equal to the healthy son of a peasant." [/i]

-John Randolph

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 12:03:39 PM »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:59:39 PM by heretik »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 01:20:27 PM »
Quote from: "heretik"

OK Anne, you never lied here, I am truly happy for you but this isn't just about one person

Huh???  I never said or even implied that it was.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 01:22:10 PM »
Quote from: "Watchful Yeoman"
::)  0/10.

Ditto

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 02:03:28 PM »
Folks ,please do my old ,tired ass a favor.GET OFF ONE ANOTHERS ASSES. please. As for the who/whooter, ugh......dont even know why you bother posting here..........YOU DIDNT SURVIVE SHIT.........and because you didnt......your opinion is at best UNQUALIFIED as far as being on this forum. ::deadhorse::
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 02:39:56 PM »
So what Danny is saying is that survivors don't lie about being abused, they lie about not being abused.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 03:14:45 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
So what Danny is saying is that survivors don't lie about being abused, they lie about not being abused.

That seems to be what he is saying. I agree that abuse victims will typically downplay or minimize the actual abuse they suffered. This is for a variety of reasons like Stockholm Syndrome, guilt, trouble remembering details, fear etc etc etc. Many people just don't want to face what actually happened to them. Some will passionately deny that they suffered any abuse at all.

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 03:38:49 PM »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:00:06 PM by heretik »

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 05:33:29 PM »
Good analogy Danny. Rape victims often don't report their assults for the same reason. I think Whooter's thinking concerning that programs are dangerous because they have no oversight, accountability, and will hire just about anyone, leads to this sort of problem more often than not. Only with proper licensure and more openness on the part of these programs will the abuse ever stem.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 10:09:13 AM »
Have we gotten around to discussing why Danny is Heretik and Heretik is Danny?

I'm still curious why the Heretik account has been left open. A total fucking moron can see they are the same people.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2010, 10:23:19 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
It seems many here agree that Survivors lie.  So moving past the question of "If they lie" for a minute.  We are starting to see many people here blame the programs for their dishonest behavior which touches upon the issue of "Why the abused lie".

Danny Benisson is not a survivor.  Nobody remembers him from the program. This thread that he most likely started is simply the action of a provocateur seeking to manufacture a "survivor" to admit to lying (and picking others who have "admitted" to lying) when no other valid examples have ever been found.  Why the abused lie, again, is a loaded question like one of Whooter's and should not be answered.  DO the abused lie is the question that should be asked, and proof should be demanded because so far all you people (program apologists) such as Heretik, his identical IP twin DannyB, and Whooter can do is manufacture evidence, quote people out of context, and make up imaginary survivor friends who will 'admit' to lying.   Among other things, i'm calling bullshit on the OP's "lied, embellished or fabricated. I have met survivors who have done one of the three if not all because they wanted there story to be heard".

Oh?  You want legitimate discussion? I'm sure you do /sarcasm.

Quote from: "Froderik"
There is no need for survivors to "embellish," the truth is bad enough as it is....and ftr, I have no respect for a survivor who makes shit up, whatever their intention.

Exactly. If anything survivors would have to tone things down to be believed.  As I understand it, Over the GW was like that in that respect.  Who the hell would exaggerate.  It's things like this which cause me to doubt Heretik was actually a survivor in a program.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 10:58:27 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Danny Benisson is not a survivor.  Nobody remembers him from the program.

Just as many of us suspected.

DO the abused lie is the question that should be asked, and proof should be demanded

:notworthy:   I keep asking for proof of Whooter's assertion that I admitted to "embellshing" and that "Straight actually helped me".  I've never received a response, let alone any proof.

because so far all you people (program apologists) such as Heretik, his identical IP twin DannyB,

::)

Quote from: "Froderik"
There is no need for survivors to "embellish," the truth is bad enough as it is.

Exactly. If anything survivors would have to tone things down to be believed.  As I understand it, Over the GW was like that in that respect.  Who the hell would exaggerate.  It's things like this which cause me to doubt Heretik was actually a survivor in a program.

:tup: