Author Topic: Were You in a "Troubled Teen Program"?  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Gonzotherapy

• View Profile
Re: Were You in a "Troubled Teen Program"?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 05:10:27 PM »
Quote from: "DKincaidCFS"
Does anybody have anything else to offer?
I would happily contribute. I don't have the time to write my entire story right now, but if you are really interested send me a p.m. and I will tell you all you want to know. I spent about a year in a WWASPS program in '96-'97. Both facilities I was in were shut down not too long after I left. If you are really interested in discovering the truth behind these programs, the same methods they used on me are used in most programs today. Mass therapy sessions, therapy by "upper level" peers, etc...

I actually did fairly well, I went home because my parents could no longer afford to keep me in, but I was well on my way to graduating. In fact the levels above me were basically just junior staff and the way to advance through them was nothing more than time. I had already shown the necessary "changes" to achieve a junior staff level.

Make no mistake though, I am absolutely of the opinion that 99% of these programs are scams. They are geared toward profit and are in no way attempting to actually help the kids enrolled. Their methods of treatment are simply a scheme to cover up their shameless profiteering.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »