Author Topic: Straight Survivors who live near St. Pete FL  (Read 9278 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Straight Survivors who live near St. Pete FL
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 01:12:56 PM »
Quote from: "Woof-a-Doof"
Spoke with Sam Kinison last night. (whom is my 1st oldcomers roomate) He is in the country. He is in Florida. He is in the immediate area. What a plethora of information! He has an astute memory and an inate ability to remember minute details. So many memories shared, but so differant. How so? For example, we both recall 'incidents'. However, were I only have the memory of the emotion, and remaining emotional impact. He remembers virtually word for word, what was said, and who said it. And he does so with a full head of steam (it isnt really a far stretch to understand why he uses the moniker, Sam Kinison)....absolutely an amazing guy.

He also plans to be involved, and in attendance Friday night. He is exceptionally busy, with a full plate, and heavy itenaray (sp) while in the country. It isnt clear at the moment how logistically how he will make "taping", but those are details that will work themselves out the way they are suppossed to.

Recieved my list of questions. On first reading them, I would be remiss if I didnt describe the....what felt like a goiter in my throat. I understand fully why Anne Booney said that the phone interview "took alot out of" her.

Depending on how the schedule works out, (tapping, location of taping etc) I am planning to bring my tandem (two seat Hobie) kayak, for quick jaunts around the yacht basin/marina. As the "taping" and consequent gathering, may well be intense, a quick lil trip in the kayak may give a quick, brief "get away". Bring a change of clothes, as ya will get wet. (waist down anyway) Not to fear, the water tempature is a comfortable 77 degrees (currently). Temps are projected to be upper 40's as a low with the high being 70 & 72 for Saturday and Sunday, respectfully...Awesome weather! Chamber of Commerce kinda weather!

Question's to Anne, does the boat have a divers platform, to make mooring, and boarding feasable/possible? Or from the dock, is there a place I can tie up, to board and exit the kayak? Or would it be better to simply leave the kayak at the shop? Ya know, for practical, logistical or legal purposes....Or is the idea just, inappropriate? Also, is there wi-fi access at the marina?

Much Peace
Continued Healing
woof/dave

Yeah, there's a swim platform.  Right now the dink is sitting on top of it, but I'm putting it in the water and putting the engine on, so we could both tie up to the cleats and have access from the platform so whoever wants to go for a ride, can.  There is wi-fi access.

Right now the weather looks like it's gonna be nice!  A little windy Friday (but I'm working anyway so blah  ;D )  Saturday's high is gonna be 71, low 50 with no rain chance.  Sunday is almost exactly the same.

Gonna be great to see everyone!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 01:32:16 PM »
Wish I could make it down there to meet you guys in person. St.Pete is a 12 hour drive from my house though and I just can't do it right now. I have talked to Chris about possibly doing my interview in Tallahassee which is only about a 7 hour drive from my home. Wanted to help anyway I could. Best wishes to you all.
PS Hey Woof gimme a call at the store here sometime. You too Botched.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
Wish I could make it down there to meet you guys in person. St.Pete is a 12 hour drive from my house though and I just can't do it right now. I have talked to Chris about possibly doing my interview in Tallahassee which is only about a 7 hour drive from my home. Wanted to help anyway I could. Best wishes to you all.
PS Hey Woof gimme a call at the store here sometime. You too Botched.

You will definitely be missed!!!!

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 09:16:13 AM »
How'd it go?

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 11:53:11 AM »
two words . . .amazing and fun!   I got down to the boat about 3 pm on Friday.  I took off from work early cause I was so stoked to see my friends and meet the folks from Tallahassee that are producing the movie.    It was great seeing my old friends adn making new ones too.   My interview was scheduled for Saturday morning . . .spent maybe 45 minutes answering questions and discussing straight.    No pressure from the Director or any of the film staff.   These folks from FSU are very professional and knew what they were doing.   As an FSU supporter, it delights me to participate as a survivor but also as an alum.
Y'all this is gonna be big and if any survivors, sibs, want to participate, please contact someone involved and I'm sure you will be included.    It was made clear to me that I was in-charge of my interview  and I could answer any questions I felt comfortable with.    Take a chance, I doubt anyone will regret it.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »
It was AWESOME!!!!  It really was.....couldn't have gone any better.  Pickle is right - the crew were amazing and made it clear that we were in complete control over what we wanted to discuss and that if at any time it became too much or we got too uncomfortable, they'd stop.   I absolutely fell head over heels in love with "C".....you other guys, please take that in the spirit in which it's intended.   I had spoken to him in a phone interview about a year or so ago and I just felt like I 'clicked' with him.  He's adorable, very sensitive to us and the whole issue and was incredibly supportive of us all the way around, as all of them were.  I just happened to 'fall' for him.  I told my husband that he's my new boyfriend.  :seg2:

They stayed on the boat the first night, but the damn heater broke and the poor things were like little popsicles in the morning, so they moved to a hotel.  I felt really badly...I'd wanted to save them some money.  But that first night, with everyone there on the boat and the first interviews going........wow, I mean really......just wow.  It was so intense and we really delved deeply into issues that I either hadn't thought about in years or someone would say something about the after-effects of the program that I hadn't even thought about and it was like another dot was connected.  I learned so much.  It was just a flat out blast too!  All the survivors there, the GREAT crew.....we all had so much fun.

It was sooooo good to see old friends and great to meet some of the people I've been talking with for years here.

Edited to add:  
Quote from: "kpickle39"
Y'all this is gonna be big and if any survivors, sibs, want to participate, please contact someone involved and I'm sure you will be included.    It was made clear to me that I was in-charge of my interview  and I could answer any questions I felt comfortable with.    Take a chance, I doubt anyone will regret it.
[/color][/b]

^^^^^^^^^^^Definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll write more later....my head is still spinning!

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 01:04:15 PM »
I know I'm not a Straightster, but I am so excited about this project! So thankful you all participated, because even though it is specific to Straight, it will be helpful and illuminating for all.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 01:07:46 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
I know I'm not a Straightster, but I am so excited about this project! So thankful you all participated, because even though it is specific to Straight, it will be helpful and illuminating for all.

It definitely will!

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 01:31:16 PM »

Actully, the technical term is "straightling" . . .hahaha!

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 02:20:29 PM »
I know, KP. :) I thought of amending it, but I have a philia of adding -ster to everthing. Annester, K-Picklester, etc.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »
I personally find straightster, FUCKIN FUNNY, but alas straightling predates it.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »
Quote from: "seamus"
I personally find straightster, FUCKIN FUNNY, but alas straightling predates it.

:tup:

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 02:52:20 PM »
Plus, -ster is misleading. I think of gangsters. -ling really denotes the underling relationship to the cult.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 02:55:30 PM »
Plus, -ster is misleading. I think of gangsters. -ling really denotes the underling relationship to the cult.

Gawd....this weekend we were talking about some of the cultspeak, thought-stopping techniques like the damn songs.......really weird to go back there.  

We are the straightlings, mighty mighty straightlings...... ::puke::

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 03:18:28 PM »
We were not allowed to have music.  You could not even say, "Led Zeppelin" or "The Doors" without reprisal. But, on Saturdays after clean up hours, we could listen to John Denver, Whitney Houston, or Neil Diamond in the main house. Staff were DJs.