Author Topic: Straight Survivors who live near St. Pete FL  (Read 9280 times)

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Straight Survivors who live near St. Pete FL
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:22:48 AM »
We're coming to St Pete VERY soon to start filming for the Documentary.  If you are interested in interviewing and you haven't touched base w/ me yet, please PM me and I'll give you the details.
Kelly
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: St. Pete Survivors
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 11:58:52 AM »
You guys friggin ROCK!!!  

:rocker:  :rocker:  :nods:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :rasta:  :rocker:  :cheers:  :nods:  :notworthy:

I'm excited but nervous about it.  The phone interview took a lot out of me, but it's well worth it to expose these assholes for the sadistic fucks they are!
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Re: St. Pete Survivors
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 12:10:06 PM »
No doubt... I can't wait... I was in the Atlanta Straight.... The world really needs to know what these places were like and what Mel Sembler's pocket was padded by... And as far as the executive staff calling it their job to abuse kids did not make it right. There is no justification for what they were doing...

I am all in and will be there !!!!!

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
Re: Straight Survivors who live near St. Pete FL
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 03:14:48 PM »
:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »
Yup, I am stoked!!!

I have been outta touch, not on top of my game...But will spend this week pulling my shit together, and getting my game face on. I looked forward to seeing friends I have met along the way, I am also looking forward to meeting friends, whom which I have yet to meet.

Much Peace
Continued Healing
woof/dave
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:40:10 AM »
Quote from: "Woof-a-Doof"
Yup, I am stoked!!!

I have been outta touch, not on top of my game...But will spend this week pulling my shit together, and getting my game face on. I looked forward to seeing friends I have met along the way, I am also looking forward to meeting friends, whom which I have yet to meet.

Much Peace
Continued Healing
woof/dave

Can't wait to see you again!  Maybe we'll have a party on the boat!

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 10:50:48 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Yup, I am stoked!!!

Much Peace
Continued Healing
woof/dave

Yes, a birthday boat party! :D lol  :rasta:  :rasta:
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 11:03:58 AM »
Quote from: "webdiva"
Yup, I am stoked!!!

Much Peace
Continued Healing
woof/dave

Yes, a birthday boat party! :D lol  :rasta:  :rasta:

Awesome!!!!  :birthday:

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 02:20:21 PM »
Yup, I am stoked!!!

Much Peace
Continued Healing
woof/dave

:rasta:   :rasta: Respectfully request to come aboard!....Ma'm :rasta:  :rasta:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »
Yup, I am stoked!!!

Much Peace
Continued Healing
woof/dave

:rasta:   :rasta: Respectfully request to come aboard!....Ma'm :rasta:  :rasta:

Of course!  The initial invitation was for you, but now that I found out others are coming down/up....we'll do a boat party!  I spent all day yesterday cleaning up.  Have a little more to do, but it'll be fine.  The film crew is staying there instead of a hotel to save on money, so they'll be there too (looking forward to meeting them) but we gotta wrap it up in time for them to get some sleep.  :seg2:

I'm really looking forward to this.  A little nervous to delve back into that shit, but having you guys around will make it so much better!

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 04:48:07 PM »
ALMOST makes me wanna hop a plane :cheers:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »
I'm coming down too . . .can I board your boat?  wait a min, that sounds kinda like I mean something else :).  So, may I come aboard you nice vessel???  urgh, that isn't what I meant either. Guess you know what I mean.  L:OL

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 12:35:26 PM »
Quote from: "seamus"
ALMOST makes me wanna hop a plane :cheers:

Do it!

Quote from: "kpickle39"
I'm coming down too . . .can I board your boat? wait a min, that sounds kinda like I mean something else :). So, may I come aboard you nice vessel??? urgh, that isn't what I meant either. Guess you know what I mean. L:OL

You know you're welcome darlin'!!

Friday and Saturday nights it's gonna be full as far as sleeping goes.  All bunks have been taken, but we can still party our asses off until the guys have to go to sleep!  There's an aft deck that's covered and two top decks that aren't, so we can fit quite a few for a party.

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 01:29:43 PM »
Great - I had not  planned on sleeping on the boat . . only partying with y'all.  See ya Friday.

Mike

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 06:34:33 AM »
Spoke with Sam Kinison last night. (whom is my 1st oldcomers roomate) He is in the country. He is in Florida. He is in the immediate area. What a plethora of information! He has an astute memory and an inate ability to remember minute details. So many memories shared, but so differant. How so? For example, we both recall 'incidents'. However, were I only have the memory of the emotion, and remaining emotional impact. He remembers virtually word for word, what was said, and who said it. And he does so with a full head of steam (it isnt really a far stretch to understand why he uses the moniker, Sam Kinison)....absolutely an amazing guy.

He also plans to be involved, and in attendance Friday night. He is exceptionally busy, with a full plate, and heavy itenaray (sp) while in the country. It isnt clear at the moment how logistically how he will make "taping", but those are details that will work themselves out the way they are suppossed to.

Recieved my list of questions. On first reading them, I would be remiss if I didnt describe the....what felt like a goiter in my throat. I understand fully why Anne Booney said that the phone interview "took alot out of" her.

Depending on how the schedule works out, (tapping, location of taping etc) I am planning to bring my tandem (two seat Hobie) kayak, for quick jaunts around the yacht basin/marina. As the "taping" and consequent gathering, may well be intense, a quick lil trip in the kayak may give a quick, brief "get away". Bring a change of clothes, as ya will get wet. (waist down anyway) Not to fear, the water tempature is a comfortable 77 degrees (currently). Temps are projected to be upper 40's as a low with the high being 70 & 72 for Saturday and Sunday, respectfully...Awesome weather! Chamber of Commerce kinda weather!

Question's to Anne, does the boat have a divers platform, to make mooring, and boarding feasable/possible? Or from the dock, is there a place I can tie up, to board and exit the kayak? Or would it be better to simply leave the kayak at the shop? Ya know, for practical, logistical or legal purposes....Or is the idea just, inappropriate? Also, is there wi-fi access at the marina?

Much Peace
Continued Healing
woof/dave