Author Topic: Straight Survivors who live near St. Pete FL  (Read 9289 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Straight Survivors who live near St. Pete FL
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 03:36:52 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
We were not allowed to have music.  You could not even say, "Led Zeppelin" or "The Doors" without reprisal. But, on Saturdays after clean up hours, we could listen to John Denver, Whitney Houston, or Neil Diamond in the main house. Staff were DJs.

Wow....I feel old.  Whitney Houston hadn't even come on the scene yet when I was in.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 03:46:42 PM »
yeah she was the only person of the era,  Diamond and Denver were old school, but safe.

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 07:08:05 PM »
Thank you for that update, it helps to know what to expect and all that... you know... I've been "out of the loop" so to speak for a while but haven't packed up the game face in this regard.  :cheers:

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 02:05:13 AM »
Did they roll any film at the morgan yacht building?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 06:36:53 AM »
@ Non-Ya---Yes, they filmed at the Morgan Yacht Building, this was part of my interview. To back up a bit, my interview was to be in the car, while driving. Saturday after a few interviews they packed up all the equipment, and we all pilled into different vehicals and down the road we went. The first stop was at the Morgan Yacht Building, I was interviewed again whilst infront of the building. Then they asked Kpickle and I to take them for a walk around the building to show them a part of Tyrone Blvd. were Kpickle had explained the many hours he spent gazing at the cars as they drove over the overpass. He also explained that for years now, after the fact, how he screams and shoots a bird at the building as he drives over the road.

From there we went to my first building, which was the Milton Roy Building, which was particulary chilling. Because a memory surfaced of the "out door raps" we once had the luxury of having...of which I can remember no more than four. The crew was also shown the previous bulding, the Ray-Haul/RayHall building, which was the second building, directly across the way from the Milton Roy Building. The irony, this was the building which held the SEED, several years ago. The crew even noticed how far from society we were held. With the songs, the screaming, the stand-ups, the come-downs, there were few if any that ever heard our "noise". We spoke of the 'splits' that occured at the Morgan Yacht Building, how runners were chased into Tyrone mall by a mob of phasers. And how people were almost jaded to see one child being chased by a group of 15-20 of teenagers, and thought little and did even less about it. And how if caught by any legal agency, the law, the fire department, HRS, truancy officers, literaly any place a child could run for help....were immediately and without question returned to the respective buildings.

Of course the Morgan Yacht Building is/was completely surrounded by a 7-8 foot fence. Even tho the building is now occupied by a Marine Comapny, selling boat motors and boat stuff. Which in and of it self propably doesnt need a 8 foot barrier fence. But the buildings previous tenent was Ratheon, a major Defence Contractor, probably did. In fact the many cameras we witness still attached to the building, covering at least every angle of the property, were left overs from the Ratheon people. But who knows...fact is the cameras are still there.

Another thing I noticed and thought odd...however briefly..were the vehicles that passed us on the street. Just like the old days, people honked and hollered out the window. It made me think and wonder if the neighboring people still remembered the horrors and the reputations the building had.

Even the old Man that sat in the reception area Mr. Ed was discussed, with his arsenal of runners...It was difficult to have thousands of memories and only be able to recal and discuss but a few....but soooooooooooooo empowering and cleansing.

I am still trying to write my experience of the weekends activities.....Soooooo much to write, so little time, time to get my fingers to keep up with the out pouring of memories.

Looks like I will have to blow off another day of work and sit with my fingers to the keyboard...Which I will gladly do, without any reservation...soooooo, more to come...Here and on the other sites.

Much Peace!
Continued Healing!
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »
Quote from: "Woof-a-Doof"
@ Non-Ya---Yes, they filmed at the Morgan Yacht Building, this was part of my interview. To back up a bit, my interview was to be in the car, while driving. Saturday after a few interviews they packed up all the equipment, and we all pilled into different vehicals and down the road we went. The first stop was at the Morgan Yacht Building, I was interviewed again whilst infront of the building. Then they asked Kpickle and I to take them for a walk around the building to show them a part of Tyrone Blvd. were Kpickle had explained the many hours he spent gazing at the cars as they drove over the overpass. He also explained that for years now, after the fact, how he screams and shoots a bird at the building as he drives over the road.

From there we went to my first building, which was the Milton Roy Building, which was particulary chilling. Because a memory surfaced of the "out door raps" we once had the luxury of having...of which I can remember no more than four. The crew was also shown the previous bulding, the Ray-Haul/RayHall building, which was the second building, directly across the way from the Milton Roy Building. The irony, this was the building which held the SEED, several years ago. The crew even noticed how far from society we were held. With the songs, the screaming, the stand-ups, the come-downs, there were few if any that ever heard our "noise". We spoke of the 'splits' that occured at the Morgan Yacht Building, how runners were chased into Tyrone mall by a mob of phasers. And how people were almost jaded to see one child being chased by a group of 15-20 of teenagers, and thought little and did even less about it. And how if caught by any legal agency, the law, the fire department, HRS, truancy officers, literaly any place a child could run for help....were immediately and without question returned to the respective buildings.

Of course the Morgan Yacht Building is/was completely surrounded by a 7-8 foot fence. Even tho the building is now occupied by a Marine Comapny, selling boat motors and boat stuff. Which in and of it self propably doesnt need a 8 foot barrier fence. But the buildings previous tenent was Ratheon, a major Defence Contractor, probably did. In fact the many cameras we witness still attached to the building, covering at least every angle of the property, were left overs from the Ratheon people. But who knows...fact is the cameras are still there.

Another thing I noticed and thought odd...however briefly..were the vehicles that passed us on the street. Just like the old days, people honked and hollered out the window. It made me think and wonder if the neighboring people still remembered the horrors and the reputations the building had.

Even the old Man that sat in the reception area Mr. Ed was discussed, with his arsenal of runners...It was difficult to have thousands of memories and only be able to recal and discuss but a few....but soooooooooooooo empowering and cleansing.

I am still trying to write my experience of the weekends activities.....Soooooo much to write, so little time, time to get my fingers to keep up with the out pouring of memories.

Looks like I will have to blow off another day of work and sit with my fingers to the keyboard...Which I will gladly do, without any reservation...soooooo, more to come...Here and on the other sites.

Much Peace!
Continued Healing!

I love you darlin'!  Was soooo good to see you again.  Call if you get squirrely.   :-*

I'm still trying to process it all too.  There's so much to write about, but it's not flowing easily....kinda like there's just too much to get out without it coming out all fragmented.  Kinda felt the same way about my interview..

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 11:59:11 AM »
I might take ya up on that phone call...I am better today than yesterday. Being last interviewed has its disadvantages. But like I said, today is better than yesterday. Yesterday I couldnt describe it, today I can...void, vacant, empty, drained.Today I just feel void, vacant and empty...I was able to sleep so not so "wiped out" Everything about me wanted to be strong, not only for myself, but for all who were there. ANd it was actually Kelly who caught me as I was comming apart at the seams on the dock friday night....She saved my ass! Emotionally, I suffered a major fracture...I was broken into thousands of pieces. I cried so hard all I recall is just shaking uncontrollably, and I can not tell you what prompted it, who was being interviewed, or ya know, it simply could have been the fact that "it" was actually occuring.

Am telling ya Lady Anne, if we can not call it a miraculious meeting, if we can not say some diveine grace brought us all together and made things flow....The the stars, of many galaxies were in perfect allignment....and with that kinda gravity, is there any question as to the power this event has...and will continue to have in DC?

Much Peace
Continued Healing
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
Absolutely Guaranteed!
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 12:15:22 PM »
Straight was a loving place of hope and healing where people could work on their drug and alcohol problems with some dignity and pride. Your supportive family network is willing to work on themselves to help reconnect with you in spite of the relationships that you once ruined with them. A team of professional staff members is there to help and assist you and your loved ones through the long and painful recovery process. Are you diseased individuals? Yes. Are you the lowest form of life on Earth? I`m afraid so. Do you need a time out from society because of all the bridges you have burned because of your addictions? Without a druggie doubt. Upon graduation you may even wish to serve on the honorable staff and help other addicts with their problems. If you prove you are a worthy example to others you might be accepted to join this ring of Honor called "Staff." Is Straight confrontational? Yes, but only in a Tough Love kind of way, and if you complete the program you will come to understand that the sweet is never as sweet without the sour. I wish you the best as you take this brave and unpredictable journey of recovery and discovery.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »
Quote from: "Woof-a-Doof"
I might take ya up on that phone call...I am better today than yesterday. Being last interviewed has its disadvantages. But like I said, today is better than yesterday. Yesterday I couldnt describe it, today I can...void, vacant, empty, drained.  Today I just feel void, vacant and empty...I was able to sleep so not so "wiped out" Everything about me wanted to be strong, not only for myself, but for all who were there.

Yup....exactly how I've felt the past few days.  I was first interviewed (didn't know I was gonna be first  :eek: ), don't know if that was good or bad, but it definitely took a lot out of me.  Then I had the whole rest of the weekend to continue.  I wanted to hear everyone's but Sat. night, but after Friday night and Saturday day I just didn't have enough strength, physically or emotionally, to go to Tampa with those that went.

ANd it was actually Kelly who caught me as I was comming apart at the seams on the dock friday night....She saved my ass! Emotionally, I suffered a major fracture...I was broken into thousands of pieces. I cried so hard all I recall is just shaking uncontrollably, and I can not tell you what prompted it, who was being interviewed, or ya know, it simply could have been the fact that "it" was actually occuring.

I think that first night was pretty powerful for all of us.  We had all been both excited and anxious about the "upcoming event" that when everyone finally got there and things really got rolling, "it" just started pouring out of all of us.  I'm so glad Kelly saw that you were in trouble.  She's friggin awesome!

Am telling ya Lady Anne, if we can not call it a miraculious meeting, if we can not say some diveine grace brought us all together and made things flow....The the stars, of many galaxies were in perfect allignment....and with that kinda gravity, is there any question as to the power this event has...and will continue to have in DC?

Much Peace
Continued Healing

Abso-friggin-lutely!!!  Wish I could travel up for that!  This really was/is unbelievably powerful.  And intense.  And empowering.  And sad.  And incredibly happy.  And the crew!  I just fell in love with them.  How professional and caring they were/are.

:peace:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2010, 12:34:19 PM »
Btw Woof......our friend RTP is coming in tomorrow night.  :seg2:  Will be here and maybe Pasco for a week.  Boat party again this weekend?  Weather should be MUCH better!

Anyone else in the area interested in coming, PM me.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »
im thinking prolly agood thing i didnt hop a plane,I been hostile,shitty , and drunk for like 6-7 weeks. Ida been fuckin up for sure.glad all went well though,glad some bodys findin some peace. :cheers:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2010, 12:48:16 PM »
Quote from: "seamus"
im thinking prolly agood thing i didnt hop a plane,I been hostile,shitty , and drunk for like 6-7 weeks. Ida been fuckin up for sure.glad all went well though,glad some bodys findin some peace. :cheers:

You'd have been welcome and amongst friends, so even if you "fucked up"....it wouldn't have bothered us.  We missed ya!  There's still DC if you end up feeling up to it.

:peace:

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2010, 12:52:29 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
so even if you "fucked up"....it wouldn't have bothered us.

Well it should bother you, Anne; you're being a druggie friend to him!!  :beat:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2010, 01:09:04 PM »
Quote from: "Dr Fucktard"
so even if you "fucked up"....it wouldn't have bothered us.

Well it should bother you, Anne; you're being a druggie friend to him!!  :beat:

I know!!!  Ain't it great?!?!?!!!

:roflmao:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2010, 01:12:42 PM »
Btw Woof......our friend RTP is coming in tomorrow night.  :seg2:  Will be here and maybe Pasco for a week.  Boat party again this weekend?  Weather should be MUCH better!

Anyone else in the area interested in coming, PM me.

Cool!   Looks like it's part way settled then.  Saturday day is fishing, then party at night.  Botched???  Ya gotta come!!