Author Topic: Health since the program..spiritual,mental,physical  (Read 7177 times)

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
Re: Health since the program..spiritual,mental,physical
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 11:11:19 AM »
This is an excellent question and my answer to it is; I don’t know because I don’t trust doctors anymore.  I don’t go to the doctor unless I think I might die.  They, like the program, have a financial motive to make me believe I am sick.  I have never been diagnosed with PTSD, but I probably would have been, if any reputable psychologist had ever examined me.
My mom turned her back on me and my dad had his own problems so I spent years homeless and addicted to heroin and cocaine.  So I have my share of dental problems too, bandit73.  I spent two decades not being able to afford a dentist.
   But the main injury that place inflicted on me was making me so anti-social.  I think my 15 year old mind equated the program with “society”.  If this program is meant to prepare us to be productive members of society, then how hellish must that society be?  And why would anyone ever want to participate in it?  I am an atheist, I hate professional sports or just about any other group activity.  This may have been part of my personality before the program, but would it have been so pronounced without those five months of absolute misery inflicted by them?  I don’t think so.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 04:30:25 PM »
Besides dealing with the obvious parts of PTSD and other psychological/psychosocial effects.. One that really bothers me is the weird sense that I am not like other people. Dragonfly called it the plastic core feeling, and that is a good description. I don't act or respond like most people around me. I ALWAYS say too much, like I can not stop myself from spilling out the ENTIRE TRUTH... and I can NEVER lie or be DISHONEST about anything. This really bothers me in school, because I must look like some kind of enigma. Even though I didn't participate, it got to me. I was ~washed. I am still looking for that self that I was before Straight, I hope she isn't completely lost.

I have a host of physical issues too, most can be traced back to Straight in some way. Some are/have been serious and with lasting/life altering effects. Straight stole and continues to steal much of my life in many, many ways.

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 01:00:26 PM »
UPDATE:
The doctor   diagnosed me with adrenal insufficiency, further testing is needed to decipher at this point whether or not it is a primary deficiency or secondary.

I will keep you posted.
Once we know the answer to the primary or secondary question...it will be easier to then narrow down the cause of the insufficiency.
sincerely,
-DP
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"
This is an excellent question and my answer to it is; I don’t know because I don’t trust doctors anymore.  I don’t go to the doctor unless I think I might die.  They, like the program, have a financial motive to make me believe I am sick.  I have never been diagnosed with PTSD, but I probably would have been, if any reputable psychologist had ever examined me.
My mom turned her back on me and my dad had his own problems so I spent years homeless and addicted to heroin and cocaine.  So I have my share of dental problems too, bandit73.  I spent two decades not being able to afford a dentist.
   But the main injury that place inflicted on me was making me so anti-social.  I think my 15 year old mind equated the program with “society”.  If this program is meant to prepare us to be productive members of society, then how hellish must that society be?  And why would anyone ever want to participate in it?  I am an atheist, I hate professional sports or just about any other group activity.  This may have been part of my personality before the program, but would it have been so pronounced without those five months of absolute misery inflicted by them?  I don’t think so.

Damn Shady, I could have written that about myself. With the exception of the heroin issue, your self-description sounded just like ME. The complete distrust of medical "professionals", the undiagnosed PTSD, the contempt for society in general. My hatred of sporting events is legendary among those who know me. I loathe the games, the players and the fans. Sound familiar?

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 11:54:10 AM »
Hey ex staff(including executive staff)..How is your health since Straight , KHK, KIDS, Life, SAFE, Growing Together,AARC.Pathway Family Center?
All of the exact same programs, with the exact same "treatment modality".
I have been diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency. I have PTSD and Panic disorder, and I am ex junior staff.
-DP
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 08:25:22 PM »
I have found that my post-Str8 health, mentally, physically, and psychologically, improved once I started CONSCIOUSLY[/b] smoking marijuana.  Frequently.  As if my life depended on it. (It may.)  Follow my example and free yourself from fucked up Str8 brainwashing and conditioning.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline slynch2112

• View Profile
    • http://tridisha.com
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 02:04:18 PM »
I have fibromyalgia. directly attributable to my time at KIDS, and the cervical spine injury I suffered there. I also have had psoriatic arthritis that should have been diagnosed in there, but wasn't because I hadn't seen a doctor.

whee.

-trish
--
Siobhan Lynch
CAFETY Board of Advisors
Parent, Systems Administrator, Programmer, Child Rights Activist, Sex Freedom Activist, GLBT Activist
A Proud Autistic Parent of an Autistic Child.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 07:06:51 AM »
Spiritual:  Lost all confidence in Sky Fairies.  They never do anything while disasters occur.
mental:Typical C-PTSD shit
physical:  Smoke/drink/drug excesses in 20s.  Thoracic spine is fucked from chair wrestling and follow up with motorcycle crashes.  Now fit at 47 with no cigs.  Surf skate and cycle lots.
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 11:09:07 PM »
mENTAL AS FUCK, THE MORE i HOOK UP WITH FB PEOPLE.
It is good meeting old people I knew, but it is bad too.
Former staff much?  
When somebody you desPISE form 30 years ago is right THERE.

Tonight I saw a fb post about a lil utility  room off guys side in St Pete where in 1981 you could have found me spread eagle sat on for entire days.
Seems a gal named Jennifer did the same thing in 1984.
What a fuckin nightmare that Marquis DeSade designed money sucking enterprise.
Childrens souls expendable.  Eat a dick kids, the check cleared, your stuck another 3 months...
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82