Author Topic: More Muslim Media Bullshit  (Read 8556 times)

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
Re: More Muslim Media Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »
The hysteria and rage directed at americans of japanese descent after pearl harbor was incredible. Locked into internment camps and treated like dogs even after many of them volunteerd to join our army and die for this country. The Nissei(Japanese-American) brigades went over and served with distinction in the Italian campaign. Gave their lives for the same nation that was locking up their relatives in camps. We should all learn a lesson from this. Not all Muslims are in some grand conspiracy to destroy America. We play into the hands of extremists when we overreact to threats.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2010, 05:38:21 PM »
grand conspiracy to destroy America

Damn, cuz I was secretly hoping for something like this.  ::evil::

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2010, 05:42:31 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
@ Buzz & Frod...so should we go back to the days of internment camps?

Nah, but I like j.o.m.'s suggestions... :poison:  :nods:  :suicide:  ::unhappy::  ::poke::

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2010, 06:21:23 PM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
Islam is just the boogeyman of the current generation. When we were kids, Anne and Frod, it was the Russians. Seems like each generation of americans needs a boogeyman to keep them scared and supporting the establishment. Question: After all the hijackings back in the 70's why were cockpit doors never secured until after a disaster like 9/11 ? Its almost like somebody wanted that shit to happen. Hey frod, I have looked at the Pearl harbor thing closely as well. No question FDR knew an attack of some sort was coming. He had ensured it with his oil and metal embargo on the japs. Can't say that he knew specifically that they would hit hawaii, most figured they would hit us in the Phillipines. But the point is that FDR was willing to sacrifice alot of American lives to pull us into WW2. This was his agenda and he pursued it ruthlessly.
Seems like Bush did similar shit.

War was inevitable, I don't think it would have mattered if FDR or any other president was in office. Circumstances as they were; Japan, Italy and Germany moving in the direction they were moving and Russa just standing by waiting. No, in my opinion FDR waited way to long.
BTW, Congress would not let him move.

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2010, 06:30:40 PM »
Islam is just the boogeyman of the current generation. When we were kids, Anne and Frod, it was the Russians. Seems like each generation of americans needs a boogeyman to keep them scared and supporting the establishment. Question: After all the hijackings back in the 70's why were cockpit doors never secured until after a disaster like 9/11 ? Its almost like somebody wanted that shit to happen. Hey frod, I have looked at the Pearl harbor thing closely as well. No question FDR knew an attack of some sort was coming. He had ensured it with his oil and metal embargo on the japs. Can't say that he knew specifically that they would hit hawaii, most figured they would hit us in the Phillipines. But the point is that FDR was willing to sacrifice alot of American lives to pull us into WW2. This was his agenda and he pursued it ruthlessly.
Seems like Bush did similar shit.

War was inevitable, I don't think it would have mattered if FDR or any other president was in office. Circumstances as they were; Japan, Italy and Germany moving in the direction they were moving and Russa just standing by waiting. No, in my opinion FDR waited way to long.
BTW, Congress would not let him move.
I did not agree with going to war with Iraq. We definitely could have waited for help and more guidance.
Islam is not the bogeyman, just people who just so happened to be Islamic who kill people for reasons so idiotic as not believing their fanaticism.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »
Yes Congress and the majority of American people were very much against getting involved in WW2. American involvement was by no means "inevitable" as posted earlier. The jap surprise attack on Pearl harbor changed all of that overnight. Americans got relly really pissed off and rightfuly wanted some payback. It still would have been difficult for FDR to get a declaration of war against Germany though. Hitler took care of that by declaring war on us a few days later anyway.

I agree with heretic that the Iraq thing was fucked up. I really despise BUSH for that bungled BS.

Offline Stonewall

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2010, 03:18:14 PM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"
Islam is not the only murderous religion;

Deuteronomy 7:1-6 (New International Version)

Driving Out the Nations

1 When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations—the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you- 2 and when the LORD your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. [a] Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. 3 Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, 4 for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the LORD's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you. 5 This is what you are to do to them: Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones, cut down their Asherah poles and burn their idols in the fire. 6 For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

I can almost guarantee that the excuse will be that that was from the Old Testament and Jesus corrected it with the New Testament.  I could be wrong, but that's what I've been told numerous times when discussing this with other people.

That's why I maintain that ALL religions are dangerous.  They were developed for a couple of reasons....to explain the scary unexplainable and to control the peasants.

Religion is the opiate of the masses

Religion is a tough thing to discuss. The quote... 'Religion is the opiate of the masses', doesn't really tell the tale.  

You don't slam planes into buildings for an opiate.

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »
Quote from: "Stonewall"

Driving Out the Nations

1 When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations—the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you- 2 and when the LORD your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. [a] Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. 3 Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, 4 for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the LORD's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you. 5 This is what you are to do to them: Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones, cut down their Asherah poles and burn their idols in the fire. 6 For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

I can almost guarantee that the excuse will be that that was from the Old Testament and Jesus corrected it with the New Testament.  I could be wrong, but that's what I've been told numerous times when discussing this with other people.

That's why I maintain that ALL religions are dangerous.  They were developed for a couple of reasons....to explain the scary unexplainable and to control the peasants.

Religion is a tough thing to discuss. The quote... 'Religion is the opiate of the masses', doesn't really tell the tale.  

Religion is a tough discussion to have on a Sunday morning at your local church, never mind broadening the topic into geopolitics into the mideast. Good luck!

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2010, 08:43:08 PM »
I can almost guarantee that the excuse will be that that was from the Old Testament and Jesus corrected it with the New Testament. I could be wrong, but that's what I've been told numerous times when discussing this with other people.

I would not say Jesus came to fulfill the law in this case, as this is not part of the Liviticule law. This was a pronouncement for this singular event - coming into the land God had proclaimed for His people.  Why the current inhabitants had to be destroyed I can not say. I don't know. I trust that God, being God, did know, and had very good reasons. I can make guesses and put forward theories, but that is all it would be - my guess.

There is an important difference between these passages and the Quran. As mentioned, this was a singular event - not a command for all time, all places and all people who aren't Hebrew. There is nothing in all of the Biblical text that commands others accept the Jewish (or Christian) faith or be killed. God's law was for His people and only His people. They were not expected to force others to accept it and comply and this was never done. When Christianity has done so, it has been greatly in error and acted in direct opposition to what Jesus and the apostles taught.  The same is simply not true of Islam or the Quran. When they set out to slaughter anyone who isn't a Muslim they are obeying their god and prophet.

Anne Bonney wrote:@ Buzz & Frod...so should we go back to the days of internment camps?

I think I'd have to say no. . . But why do you ask??

Offline Stonewall

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2010, 10:21:59 PM »
Quote from: "heretik"

Driving Out the Nations

Religion is a tough discussion to have on a Sunday morning at your local church, never mind broadening the topic into geopolitics into the mideast. Good luck!

Especially when Christians are as trained as Leftists...

Belive me you don't even know what a Christian is... yet.

Wait till enough Muslims are here...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2010, 09:48:29 AM »
The hysteria and rage directed at americans of japanese descent after pearl harbor was incredible. Locked into internment camps and treated like dogs even after many of them volunteerd to join our army and die for this country. The Nissei(Japanese-American) brigades went over and served with distinction in the Italian campaign. Gave their lives for the same nation that was locking up their relatives in camps. We should all learn a lesson from this. Not all Muslims are in some grand conspiracy to destroy America. We play into the hands of extremists when we overreact to threats.

:nods:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2010, 09:52:25 AM »

I think it does very well.  It keeps the peasants from revolting for fear of going to hell if they dare question or defy what their religious leaders are telling them to do.  It also acts as a comfort for the normal human fears of things not understood and/or death.

Yes, they did.  They did it for the 72 virgins and to be seen as martyrs for "the cause".
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2010, 11:14:35 AM »

:nods:

Right, and agreed, but this really has not much to do with the topic, other than saying "See? This is what happens when you generalize and unfairly judge a mass of people because of their race, religion or whatever."

The original post talks about how Christians were told to get the hell off the street, or else. Talk about unfair judgment. Maybe we should set up some internment for Christians, eh Anne? It would "get America back" for all of the evil it's done over the years.