Author Topic: How Far Will Program Pushers Go to Invalidate Abuse Victims?  (Read 40001 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: How Far Will Program Pushers Go to Invalidate Abuse Vict
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2010, 04:33:38 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
Oh my goodness. What passive aggressive BS we have here, Whoot. You know Anne has no issues with DJ. She has already discussed the matter to illustrate how programs re-traumatize people.  YOU however, made  sneaky, shitty dig at her and were called on it. Now, you are blaming someone else. And you're not even doing it out of misplaced righteousness. You're purposely provoking in passive aggressive style. You know we all know it. That's what's mind-boggling.

No, Samara, I have issue with bringing in the rape issue.  I didnt think it was right for someone to bring this subject up on the open internet and in a forum about someone else.  Regardless of whether Anne is upset or not, I am upset over it.  This seems to be a theme here of acceptance of bringing to light other peoples rape or suicide in the family.

I understand that Watchful Yeoman may feel bad about what he did that is why I am not asking for him to be banned over it.  Plus he and Anne are friends so I am sure he didnt mean any harm towards her or as an attack.  I think his intent was to attack me and he said things he should not have,  so I understand.

We should just be careful about bringing up memories of people victimization bt talking about the events.  This goes for the Reuben Family also and the loss that they endured with their mother and son.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2010, 04:36:58 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Watchful Yeoman"
I havent brought up your activities prior to straight in ages.

You did it yesterday.  What planet do you live on?  

Not only did you bring it up yesterday ("ages ago"), you told a bunch of lies whilst doing it.  What makes you feel like you can comment on the "sex life" of girl 15 years of age?  Were you there?   Do you know her personally?  No, you weren't and you don't, but you felt free to make one up and post it, even though it was full of ugly lies and the sum total of Anne's "sex life" at the age of 15 was being molested and raped, which you callously and disgustingly referred to as "unprotected sex."

I'm sorry, but you said these ugly words out of anger and frustration that you had lost yet another argument on the merits.  You got pissed and you lashed out in the most hurtful way possible, as you normally do (accusing people of beastiality and molesting their children are your common attacks).

Only a severly disturbed person would behave this way.  That's the damnable fact of the matter.  Whooter has dredged the bottom of an all-time low here on Fornits.

I just think it is wrong to bring up that someone was raped on the internet and open it up for discussion.  I know that you are trying to deflect the focus from yourself and that is fine, we all understand that and can tolerate it for awhile, but eventually you should give it some thought and in the future let the victim bring up these sensitive issues themselves when they are ready to talk about it.  I am not saying that you should be banned for it but it should give pause to all of us as to what is crossing the line and what isnt.

What you did was wrong, DJ.

Whooter, who do you imagine you are fooling?  You are on the hotseat now, not DJ.  The above post is representative of your lack of respect or compassion for the people abused by the programs you advocate.   Anne has already made clear to you that it was you that she was offended by, not DJ or WY.  This is a sadly transparent attempt to shift the focus to someone else, yet again.

:blabla:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2010, 05:14:11 PM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"

Whooter, who do you imagine you are fooling?  You are on the hotseat now, not DJ.  The above post is representative of your lack of respect or compassion for the people abused by the programs you advocate.   Anne has already made clear to you that it was you that she was offended by, not DJ or WY.  This is a sadly transparent attempt to shift the focus to someone else, yet again.

It doesnt matter to me if Anne thinks it is okay or not, Shady,  I am the one that believes it is wrong.  I dont think we should allow people to bring up the rape of another person or the suicide of a loved one unless they consent to speaking about it.

Would you like it if you had someone who was raped and that person brought the rape up on an open forum without asking that person.  Have you ever been raped or a victim?  If you have been victim of a personal assault or a crime then I might accept your opinion on this, but I can tell by your lack of understanding that you have never been victimized in this way.

I stand behind my posts, I always have.  I dont run away and change my name edit my posts and try to blame others for my own actions.  I dont ridicule survivors who have lost loved ones to suicide and email their family members to make fun of them.  These are the things I stand up against whether they are pro-program or anti-program.  I dont take sides with this like others do.  I think we all know who I am talking about.

If you feel I am on the hot seat then that is your view point and I stand behind what I posted.  I dont run and hide, never have.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2010, 08:29:38 PM »

It doesnt matter to me if Anne thinks it is okay or not, Shady,  I am the one that believes it is wrong.  I dont think we should allow people to bring up the rape of another person or the suicide of a loved one unless they consent to speaking about it.

Anne herself has been very open about this, I have read it in her posts, it is part of her story.  Even so, if she was offended she would have said so and we would all have respected that, except you, who would only pretend to.

Would you like it if you had someone who was raped and that person brought the rape up on an open forum without asking that person.  Have you ever been raped or a victim?  If you have been victim of a personal assault or a crime then I might accept your opinion on this, but I can tell by your lack of understanding that you have never been victimized in this way.

Wrong again Carnac.

I stand behind my posts, I always have.  I dont run away and change my name edit my posts and try to blame others for my own actions.  I dont ridicule survivors who have lost loved ones to suicide and email their family members to make fun of them.  These are the things I stand up against whether they are pro-program or anti-program.  I dont take sides with this like others do.  I think we all know who I am talking about.

If you feel I am on the hot seat then that is your view point and I stand behind what I posted.  I dont run and hide, never have.

So it is insensitive to refer to a story, written by Anne in the first person, that most of us here have read (and I find it hard to believe that you have not), yet it is perfectly acceptable to accuse her of promiscuity as a teenager?  When you (obviously) have no way of knowing this.  This is exactly the same artificial concern frequently found in the programs you like so much.  You made ugly accusations about Anne, then tried to shift focus from this by feigning concern for her feelings.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 09:31:08 PM »
So it is insensitive to refer to a story, written by Anne in the first person, that most of us here have read (and I find it hard to believe that you have not), yet it is perfectly acceptable to accuse her of promiscuity as a teenager?  When you (obviously) have no way of knowing this.  This is exactly the same artificial concern frequently found in the programs you like so much.  You made ugly accusations about Anne, then tried to shift focus from this by feigning concern for her feelings.

It wasnt just referring to her story, Shady, it was inappropriate to mention the rape of another person.  Why cant you understand that?  If you had a friend who had a son who committed suicide would you bring it up in mixed company just because she has spoken openly about it before?  Tragic events bring up memories that can be unsettling to many people and bringing up the subject could make the person suddenly sad or cause her pain in other ways.  The same as bringing up the fact that Anne was Raped.  why make her think about it or defend it?  Why expose her to the memory of this when she didnt ask for it?

I think you are wrong that everyone has the right to talk about this just because Anne has brought it up in the past.  You have very little insight into how victims can be affected by the recall of a horrific event.

You people just defend each other blindly, it is absolutely amazing the double standard you hold.  If this had been me who brought up Annes Rape you would have been looking for me to be banned.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
Whooter this in no way justifies your actions. You fabricated a series of lies about Anne, a person you know nothing about. Yet when people hold you accountable for your actions, you claim they're in the wrong?

Offline grapeape

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 11:25:04 PM »
Well, now we all know how far Whooter will go: he'll go at least as far as derailing a thread about invalidating abuse victims.  ..suprised his little  :shamrock: hasn't jumped in to his defense yet.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 11:55:37 PM »
So, out of concern, Whooter repeats it over and over, capitalized no less.  Whooter are you TRYING to answer the question posed by the title of this thread?  It is very hard to find something to say to you now that is not an insult, but I am trying.  Your sickness is becoming clearer and clearer.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2010, 06:38:28 AM »
So, out of concern, Whooter repeats it over and over, capitalized no less.  Whooter are you TRYING to answer the question posed by the title of this thread?  It is very hard to find something to say to you now that is not an insult, but I am trying.  Your sickness is becoming clearer and clearer.

You are probably thinking of DJ/Watchful Yeomans posts, ShadyAcres, he typically uses the large capitalized letters and repeats his posts over and over again.  I didnt use caps like you just did in  "TRYING".  Its not my style of writing, although I do use it on occasion to make a point, I dont see that I used it in any of my previous posts here.

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2010, 09:14:59 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

I've talked about it here several times.

I never read it before.  

Of course, you are a liar doing what you do most often - lying.

Quote from: "TheWho"
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Many kids grow and suffer at home.  Trying to get thru the teenage years is difficult at beast and their ican much pain involved as they grow.

That's the natural process that is supposed to happen.  You guys take that away when you ship these kids off.

The pain and suffering may not be the result of the school but may be natural maturation.  I think we can all point to many kids we knew who grew and matured at home and it wasnt considered a joyous occasion.

I've used this analogy before but it fits.  I was raped when I was 15.  It made me stronger eventually.  I sure would go back in time and remove that night from my life if I could though.  Whatever growth comes from abuse isn't worth it.

I was referring to the pain and suffering of growing up at home naturally, not kids that were beaten or raped.[/size]  I believe pain and suffering can be a natural process of getting thru the teen years for most kids.

Not only have you read it many times, you responded to it several times as well.  Drop this onto the "Lie Pile" Whooter is building.

He knew it and intentionally made the most hurtful comment he could (calling rape "unprotected sex") for the express purpose of punching Anne in the gut and shutting her down.  It's deplorable that anyone would do this.  But we've come to expect this behavior from Whooter.
"The ricketty and scrofulous little wretch who first sees the light in a work-house, or in a brothel, and who feels the effects of alcohol before the effects of vital air, is not equal in any respect to the ruddy offspring of the honest yeoman; nay, I will go further, and say that a prince, provided he is no better born than royal blood will make him, is not equal to the healthy son of a peasant." [/i]

-John Randolph

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2010, 09:31:57 AM »
It would be helpful if you provided links for the posts, DJ, when you post them.  That conversation could have been written years ago for all we know.

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010, 09:37:58 AM »
You just got caught in a lie.  It's nothing new.  Nobody cares about your excuses.  What you did to Anne is absolutely shameful and you are shameless in your behavior.  You've told so many lies you no longer can keep track of them.  Not my problem.
"The ricketty and scrofulous little wretch who first sees the light in a work-house, or in a brothel, and who feels the effects of alcohol before the effects of vital air, is not equal in any respect to the ruddy offspring of the honest yeoman; nay, I will go further, and say that a prince, provided he is no better born than royal blood will make him, is not equal to the healthy son of a peasant." [/i]

-John Randolph

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 09:39:25 AM »

It wasnt just referring to her story, Shady, it was inappropriate to mention the rape of another person.  Why cant you understand that?

Because I've said, numerous times now, that I'm fine with it!!  In fact, it's an integral part of my story relating to the TTI and it's important to discuss.  Shady is dead on in her assessment of the whole situation.  You said some pretty nasty stuff about me as a teenager because you've been feeling the heat as of late.....you got called on it and now you're trying to shift the focus to DJ/WY, ANYone but you.

If you had a friend who had a son who committed suicide would you bring it up in mixed company just because she has spoken openly about it before?

If it was on a discussion board and it related to the topic of discussion and I knew the person was fine with talking about it (as everyone here knows I am regarding the rape), then absolutely!  Why wouldn't I?

Tragic events bring up memories that can be unsettling to many people and bringing up the subject could make the person suddenly sad or cause her pain in other ways.  The same as bringing up the fact that Anne was Raped.  why make her think about it or defend it?  Why expose her to the memory of this when she didnt ask for it?

BECAUSE I"M FINE WITH IT!!  Goddamn!  How many times do you need to be told this before it sinks in?

I think you are wrong that everyone has the right to talk about this just because Anne has brought it up in the past.  You have very little insight into how victims can be affected by the recall of a horrific event.

Well, I think I've got plenty of insight as to how this is effecting me and, once again.....I'M FINE WITH IT.  Will you shut the hell up about it now so we can discuss it??

You people just defend each other blindly, it is absolutely amazing the double standard you hold.  If this had been me who brought up Annes Rape you would have been looking for me to be banned.

No!  It would depend on your motives for bringing it up and whether or not it was pertinent to the discussion at hand.  If you brought it up in the same way that you brought up what you think I did before being put in Straight, then yes....it would be inappropriate.  I wouldn't necessarily ask that you be banned for it, but it would be inappropriate.  In this situation, it's appropriate.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 09:57:20 AM »
I really dont care what you think Anne.  As I have said before I dont think it is appropriate to bring up another persons rape or suicide or any victimization event.  I have seen this with bringing up the Reubens sons suicide on this forum and inviting members of the family to come visit fornits to watch the circus of open discussion on their family tragedy.
Now we are seeing it with survivors rapes being discussed without the consent of the person who was attacked.

It is wrong in my opinion, Anne, you may think these events are okay but I dont.  This is my point.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010, 10:14:45 AM »
I really dont care what you think Anne.  

That's quite obvious.

As I have said before I dont think it is appropriate to bring up another persons rape or suicide or any victimization event.

It really doesn't matter what you think.  It has nothing to do with you.

I have seen this with bringing up the Reubens sons suicide on this forum and inviting members of the family to come visit fornits to watch the circus of open discussion on their family tragedy.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

Now we are seeing it with survivors rapes being discussed without the consent of the person who was attacked.

{deep sigh}......You really are having a hard time with reading comprehension on this one, aren't you.  My consent has been given.  Has it sunk in yet?

It is wrong in my opinion, Anne, you may think these events are okay but I dont.

I don't care if you think it's ok or not.  It doesn't concern you.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa