Author Topic: How Far Will Program Pushers Go to Invalidate Abuse Victims?  (Read 40708 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How Far Will Program Pushers Go to Invalidate Abuse Vict
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2010, 08:42:47 PM »
From the looks of this thread, apparently they'll go pretty god damn far. Yall do realize the whootie fish has been playing you all like a violin. He could care less about your little rages against him. In fact, I'd go so far as to claim he loves them as yet another spam posting of nonsensical horseshit that only a very small subsection of the reading audience will ever get to comprehend.

The rest will just go, WTF is this shit and look at him as if he's semi-normal.

People have enough trouble believing this shit. Almost everyone here knows this and has experienced this personally. Yet for the life of me I can't begin to understand why you allow him to play you like a 3 dollar fiddle to the extent that you've marginalized yourselves completely.

Morons.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline DKincaidCFS

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2010, 09:04:27 AM »
I could not disagree more, Che Gookin.  I find this thread absolutely informative and completely fascinating.  To an outside reader it is quite clear what the dynamic is here.  The thread is properly titled and the behavior of the "pro-program" poster is perfectly described.  This person has gone to great lengths in order to invalidate the experiences of the abused.  His approach and tactics are designed to completely destroy others' credibility through purposeful slander and bullying.  If you can't see this then you are probably not reading objectively.  To me, it's as clear as the nose on my face.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2010, 09:21:13 AM »
So whose sock are you again?

There is no dynamic here. Just a bunch or yahoo bubbas ranting around raving with the Whooter twisting their words to piss them off more.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2010, 09:33:24 AM »
I never really thought of myself as a bully.  Maybe this proves the theory that if you bully someone long enough they become a bully themselves.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2010, 10:45:03 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
I never really thought of myself as a bully.  Maybe this proves the theory that if you bully someone long enough they become a bully themselves.

Theory?  It is the operational philosophy of the programs you champion.

Offline DKincaidCFS

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2010, 10:46:58 AM »
I believe that's probably true.  Bullying is certainly a learned behavior, but I'm assuming you are an adult and if so, bullying is your choice of behavior and you voluntarily engaged in it.  

As I read through this thread I was actually quite shocked.  This also fits into some feedback I read on another thread that "pro-program" posters tend to act like other posters are "still in the program" and, in a sense, try to control them here as they were controlled in the program.  That is a basic summation of this entire thread and demonstrative of the topic.  

From what I have seen, the pro-program posters have no real limits on what they are willing to do or say to try to control or invalidate the abuse victims that post here.  I find this to be more than a bit scary because in the program these same personalities have physical access to their victims where the abuse could be much more serious.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2010, 10:52:47 AM »
I find this to be more than a bit scary because in the program these same personalities have physical access to their victims where the abuse could be much more serious.

Exactly. It is scary.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2010, 11:25:34 AM »
Quote from: "DKincaidCFS"
I believe that's probably true.  Bullying is certainly a learned behavior, but I'm assuming you are an adult and if so, bullying is your choice of behavior and you voluntarily engaged in it.  

Well I think even as an adult if you hang around with a certain type of behavior long enough you will pick up their habits.  It is an interesting observation, though, DKincaidCFS.  I think if someone had said to me "Did you fabricate your sons or did you fabricate a daughter which is it?" when I first started posting here on fornits I would have been intimidated and backed down.  But now after 5 years of back and forth with the same people I feel comfortable enough to fight back.  So I think in a sense I have learned these behaviors here on fornits or maybe they were always there and have just emerged over time.  I would say I would go much further now than I did 5 years ago.

As I read through this thread I was actually quite shocked. This also fits into some feedback I read on another thread that "pro-program" posters tend to act like other posters are "still in the program" and, in a sense, try to control them here as they were controlled in the program. That is a basic summation of this entire thread and demonstrative of the topic.

From what I have seen, the pro-program posters have no real limits on what they are willing to do or say to try to control or invalidate the abuse victims that post here. I find this to be more than a bit scary because in the program these same personalities have physical access to their victims where the abuse could be much more serious.

As far as limits goes on what people (program pushers as well as anti-program pushers) say I think the limits have no boundaries from what I have read here over the years.  I would agree with your observation.  There are no limits on how far a person would go to invalidate another poster here.  So the limit on how far a pro-program poster would go to invalidate an abuse victim would depend on the individual poster.  I think it would vary.

I am intrigued by the comment of pro-program people trying to control others as they were in programs.  This is definitely something we see a lot of here on fornits (but not exclusive to the pro-program posters) although there are not many pro-program people on fornits to know if this would be typical behavior of the pro-program group or not.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2010, 11:43:41 AM »
I think it's a little different for the anti crowd than it is the pro crowd.  The pro crowd is very actively advocating the very thing that has devastated so many of us in the anti crowd.  We've had actual EdCons here (Sue Scheff, Lon Woodbury etc.) here denigrating survivors and at the same time trying to recruit more parents/kids into the very things that have damaged us, so.....yeah....it brings out some pretty heavy emotions in us.  And the fact that we learned some of the very same harsh techniques seen in our reactions to these people inside the very programs they advocate shouldn't be overlooked.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2010, 08:53:10 PM »
I really dont care what you think Anne.  As I have said before I dont think it is appropriate to bring up another persons rape or suicide or any victimization event.  I have seen this with bringing up the Reubens sons suicide on this forum and inviting members of the family to come visit fornits to watch the circus of open discussion on their family tragedy.
Now we are seeing it with survivors rapes being discussed without the consent of the person who was attacked.

It is wrong in my opinion, Anne, you may think these events are okay but I dont.  This is my point.

Yet you think it is acceptable to simply lie about people. That seems to be your usual MO. Why is that Whooter?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2010, 09:15:59 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
I think it's a little different for the anti crowd than it is the pro crowd.  The pro crowd is very actively advocating the very thing that has devastated so many of us in the anti crowd.  We've had actual EdCons here (Sue Scheff, Lon Woodbury etc.) here denigrating survivors and at the same time trying to recruit more parents/kids into the very things that have damaged us, so.....yeah....it brings out some pretty heavy emotions in us.  And the fact that we learned some of the very same harsh techniques seen in our reactions to these people inside the very programs they advocate shouldn't be overlooked.

I was totally oblivious to the SS and Lon Woodbury posts.  I dont remember that at all.  Maybe Bruce, DJ and I were busy building TheWho thread.  What year was that?

A little off topic I guess, but I am curious.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2010, 11:46:56 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

I was totally oblivious to the SS and Lon Woodbury posts.  I dont remember that at all.  Maybe Bruce, DJ and I were busy building TheWho thread.  What year was that?

A little off topic I guess, but I am curious.

Don't know, but it wasn't just them either.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2010, 05:28:28 PM »
There is no greater crime than that which is committed against a child. A child does not have the skills or abilities to handle any form of abuse. A child withdraws from society and in adulthood can become a recluse. A sad damaging fact far worse than the original crime. Living alone away from the world.

Just something to think about.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:24:51 PM by heretik »

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2010, 05:45:32 PM »
Quote from: "heretik"
There is no greater crime than that which is committed against a child. A child does not have the skills or abilities to handle any form of abuse. A child withdraws from society and in adulthood can becomes a recluse. A sad damaging fact far worse than the original crime. Living alone away from the world.

Dead on target Heretik !!!! It causes a kid not to trust in fear of humiliation, the mentality becomes to the point that the child trusts no one and that trait sticks through adult life

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2010, 05:54:17 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Quote from: "heretik"
There is no greater crime than that which is committed against a child. A child does not have the skills or abilities to handle any form of abuse. A child withdraws from society and in adulthood can becomes a recluse. A sad damaging fact far worse than the original crime. Living alone away from the world.

Child abusers should receive the harshest penalties permissible by law.