Author Topic: Training, Therapy or Thought Reform in the TTI?  (Read 10482 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: Training, Therapy or Thought Reform in the TTI?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 08:05:38 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Quote from: "Froderik"
it was an [img] link, not an upload..

(I could tell by clicking 'quote' and viewing the source)

Still not sure how to do it

Well...I clicked on quote on Ursus's post, and toward the end of her post, was able to see this:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/2a/2b/9734024128a083e93e768010.L.jpg[/img]
As the content of the above link indicates, it points to an image on amazon's server.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

dragonfly

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 09:00:19 PM »

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 11:51:42 AM »
Quote from: "dragonfly"
Quote from: "shaggys"
Quote from: "none-ya"
Ask anybody here who "conned" their way through a program. Behaviour modification at the most will only last until the subject is free to go home.You sit in group,you learn the right words to say,(not believing a word of it),and tell them what they want to hear, even if it's not true.In fact it will only make things worse. All it will do is make you miss the things you love even more.And in the end will only make you more difiant. Parents should not expect some "snake oil" cure to clean up the mess they made.

This is true for some folks but others will internalize and believe in it 100 percent. They get brainwashed and for some people it can last a lifetime. There are some straightlings out there who still sing the praises of the program 25 - 30 years later. They believe that they deserved every bit of abuse they endured because they were druggie scum and straight saved them from themselves. They still believe that even now!!! In light of everything that has come out concerning the abuses perpetrated there! To this very day they say it "saved their lives". Keep in mind that some of those folks were guilty of nothing more than smoking pot with their freinds before landing at Straight. But after a year or two of thought reform at Straight they were convinced that they were a drug addict and would have surely died if not for Straight saving them. For some folks the "washing" lasts forever.

yep...howdy Shaggy

U know it dragonfly. When I emerged from Straight, dude I was a zombie. Believed 100 percent that I was just as much a drug addict as the worst heroin junkie even though I had hardly done dope at all before coming into the program. I remember one of my old friends laughing in my face when i first told him that I was a "drug addict and alcoholic". His remark was something like "what the fuck ever dude". It was so stupid but I believed it for a long time.