Author Topic: We are on WMNF today at 1p.m.  (Read 2498 times)

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
We are on WMNF today at 1p.m.
« on: April 25, 2002, 10:12:00 AM »
Just a freindly reminder, we are on the air today at 1 p.m. on http://www.wmnf.org Hope you guys are able to listen in. Wish I could, but I gotta work:(

Take care...........Ken
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline str8isabuse

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2002, 02:15:00 PM »
i listened to most of the show on the internet, and thought it was very well done.  tried to call in, but the line was busy.  glad so many people called in.  thanks to wmnf, mike, wes, and richard who did a great job shedding light on the abuses of straight.

v

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2002, 02:34:00 PM »
Great show, guys! I think ya'll did an excellent job, covered the most important points.

Richard Bradbury called in. Hi Richard, it was so good to hear from you! I want you to know that we're all so grateful to you for being a hero while most of us were still licking our wounds. I say we throw in to buy the man dinner. Anyone who wants to chip in, please use Anonanon for info on what they're about. They've been under fire for such fiascos as the Tulia Drug Sting, the Rampart scandal in Los Angelese, featuring criminal conduct primarily by the elite CRASH counterdrug team.

I'd say they have been investing our parents' money very shrewdly. None to wisely, mind you. But very, very shrewdly to their own ends, the greedy sadistic bastards!

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2002-04-25 11:37 ]
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2002, 03:03:00 PM »
BETTY IS THE PRESIDENT OF DARE??????
OMG did not know that I just this week have been involved in  heated argument with my twin 5th graders school over this MANDATORY crap program. I am just starting to scratch the surface on the crap that goes on there but this is unreal.  I had really bad feelings about the program anyway but this puts me over the top.  BTW I just saw on politically incorrect last night that statistics show that kids are more likely to do drugs if they go through DARE than if they do not go through it.. Sorry to get off topic here but it must be a sign or something for methat all this dare info is coming my way w/o me even looking for it. I missed the program because i could not get it on my computer (I am a computer illeterate) and all my kids are at school so some being poisoned by betty so they could not help me. is there any way I could get a recorded copy?..Sorry to Ramble

Diane
VA Straight 85-86

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2002, 09:37:00 PM »
`Splains a lot, huh? Why hire a cop to teach about drugs instead of, say, a pharmacist, nurse or other medical professional? Cause they'd only tell the kids the truth. The message isn't anti drug, the message is pro conformity and intimidation.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2002, 10:18:00 PM »
Shit.. I totally forgot about that being on the radio.. not that I could listen to it anyway in Michigan.. but is there anyway to download what was said?
usan Minns

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2002, 08:19:00 AM »
Yeah, check the link. When they get their archives back online, they should have a copy of that show.

If not (or if not anytime soon) I'll see if I can get a copy and put it on the website.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2002, 09:01:00 AM »
O.k. Thank you Ginger
usan Minns

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2002, 12:00:00 PM »
The show went very, very well.  Former clients Mike and Chris were at the studio.  The studio called me.

Rob Lorei was the program host and he did a great job.  His questions were right on the money.  There came a point when he asked me where did it come from and I finally got to The Pinellas Seed and Seed parents Mel and Betty Sembler,  and then they founding Straight in The Seed image even though the US Senate had just likened The Seed's methods to those employed by North Koreans on American servicemen during the Korean War.  And all of a sudden Rob said,  wait a minute.  You said Mel and Betty Sembler.  Do you mean THE Mel Sembler, the constructon guy down here.  And I said, that's exactly who I mean!  I thought it was electrifying like some local,  forgotten history brought back to light.

At one point a man called in and he sounded like Richard Bradbury and my heart missed a beat.  But it was not Richard and I knew it because Richard Bradbury would not use a fictitious name.  And then it happened.  Richard Bradbury did call in.  He said that 30 people had called him to say the radio show was on the aire.  And the rest was history.  The whole hour was truly a golden moment.

Mike has a copy of the audio tape and we will work to get it on-line as soon as posible.  Mike and Chris  toured the second Straight facility today and took some pictures.  He said it looks like some sort of bag factory today.

Rob Lorei has asked us to come back on the Thursday before the conference.

Wes Fager  

[ This Message was edited by: wesfager on 2002-04-26 17:04 ]
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2002, 06:41:00 PM »
Wow.. it sounded like a very shining moment in anti-Straight Inc. history..
I can't wait to hear this full hour of confrontation! :smile:
usan Minns

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2002, 05:54:00 PM »
We are downloading the tape to make a wave file and burn some cd's.  they will be available at teh conference and I can mail a copy to who ever wants one.   We will also be sending a wave file to the webmistress so she can get it on Wes's site.   Man, it was a rush to be in that studio.

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
Re: We are on WMNF today at 1p.m.
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 08:10:12 PM »
Those were some fun days for sure.....