Author Topic: CEDU lifeboat  (Read 10948 times)

Offline lifeboat

• View Profile
CEDU lifeboat
« on: October 10, 2010, 01:51:52 PM »
The lifeboat experience was very hard for me.  I would never wish for anyone in my peer group to die.  This experience made me very sad.  I would never want to say goodbye to friends if I were dying.  I did not like to sort out in my head whether people should die or not.  I have a special compassion for people.  I don't believe that anyone should have to die.  When I had to say goodbye to people like my grandmothers, sister, brother, friends, and put a rose on my mother's grave and one on my father's grave, it shows how much  I love people.  I was also thinking about Shiela's little girl when I went around to her, I don't like thinking like that at all.  I began to think that when the boat was drowning it is was my turn to go to sleep and wonder if my mother felt this way when she died.  I now understand her, I think just from experiencing this exercise.  This exercise is a very important lesson because it teaches me that I have to tell people how much I love them.  I felt small when I was done sharing for one minute why I think I should live.  Because I kept on babbling the same thing over a few times.  There should have been more reasons why I should live - why I felt small.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline lifeboat

• View Profile
Re: CEDU lifeboat
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 04:36:33 PM »
Quote from: "lifeboat"
The lifeboat experience was very hard for me.  I would never wish for anyone in my peer group to die.  This experience made me very sad.  I would never want to say goodbye to friends if I were dying.  I did not like to sort out in my head whether people should die or not.  I have a special compassion for people.  I don't believe that anyone should have to die.  When I had to say goodbye to people like my grandmothers, sister, brother, friends, and put a rose on my mother's grave and one on my father's grave, it shows how much  I love people.  I was also thinking about Shiela's little girl when I went around to her, I don't like thinking like that at all.  I began to think that when the boat was drowning it is was my turn to go to sleep and wonder if my mother felt this way when she died.  I now understand her, I think just from experiencing this exercise.  This exercise is a very important lesson because it teaches me that I have to tell people how much I love them.  I felt small when I was done sharing for one minute why I think I should live.  Because I kept on babbling the same thing over a few times.  There should have been more reasons why I should live - why I felt small.

http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/for ... t_workshop - The summit workshop - The life boat +

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 04:40:45 PM »
Exactly my point about fucking LGATs and the goddamn damage they do.  It's so sad and I'm so sorry you had to go thru it.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:03:21 AM »

Wow, that's messed up.  Just another reason why I'm so glad I split and got the fuck out
of Cedu when I did.  At least this is one horrible memory from Cedu that I don't have!  I'm sorry you had to go thru that Lifeboat.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 10:03:40 AM »

Wow, that's messed up.  Just another reason why I'm so glad I split and got the fuck out
of Cedu when I did.  At least this is one horrible memory from Cedu that I don't have!  I'm sorry you had to go thru that Lifeboat.

Offline lifeboat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 05:39:39 PM »
The "Summit Workshop" writing assignments

How I cast you die votes every day
25 times I was denied love
25 times I failed to give love to others
2 pages - The importance of love in my life
2 pages on my contract "I am a gentle and accepting man"
1 page about "Rocking experience"
1 page - I slap people away everyday"
The junkyard
Broken agreements

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 08:36:13 PM »
At Benchmark (a cedu clone). I "jumped out" of the lifeboat and ruined the exercise.  Staff were upset but I explained it was just a game.  Needless to say I didn't score brownie points for that stunt.  I wasn't very brainwashed at that point.  The second time I went through the workshop (I redid it), I took it much more seriously.  I can't remember what I did the second time around, though.  Much of it I can't remember.  Whether it was the sleep deprivation or...  I dunno.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 09:39:10 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
At Benchmark (a cedu clone). I "jumped out" of the lifeboat and ruined the exercise.  Staff were upset but I explained it was just a game.

Niiiiice!!!  :cheers:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 10:48:30 AM »
I'll bet Psy caught holy hell for that. At CEDU, your life would be tortured to submission for jumping out of a life boat.

Offline lifeboat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 03:55:46 PM »
The "Summit Workshop" writing assignments

How I cast you die votes every day
25 times I was denied love
25 times I failed to give love to others
2 pages - The importance of love in my life
2 pages on my contract "I am a gentle and accepting man"
1 page about "Rocking experience"
1 page - I slap people away everyday"
The junkyard
Broken agreements

Other writing assignments

"Dear mom and Dad"
- Example:  I want to forgive you for *****
Importance of agreements in my life
The funeral
The stretch
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 01:23:30 PM by lifeboat »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 12:18:26 AM »
Interestingly enough, the lifeboat model was apparently quite a benign team-building exercise that you would normally experience on something like a ropes course. In its uncompromised form, it is a vehicle for problem-solving, and involves none of the bullshit hyperdrama guided imagery fest that we experienced in lifespring/summit. My therapist said he did something like that at camp, if memory serves, and he was pretty surprised to hear about the version I went through.

Offline lifeboat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 01:27:21 PM »
The costume party - notes

Winnie the poo  

Boys bathroom
Gentle and Loving Bear
Brings a home made gift for everyone

Explosive bear
Big belly, hair, Bear ears
Honey pot
Gentle and loving

Anyone who says "no" I explode, and explode all over them for 10 seconds.  I then go pout in corner and says "nobody loves me."

Bear tail
Stuff belly with pillow, arms and legs
Wears shirt that says "poos honey pot"
Wants to share honey with every one

No private areas
No old lodge, Emerson, farm
No one can know what's going on

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
No disrespect intended here…but, what the fuck?! Is this ^ notes from the script for a CEDU psychodrama?
I have to ask because it reads like some ritualized seriously demented pedo grooming thing.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline lifeboat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 02:10:42 PM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
No disrespect intended here…but, what the fuck?! Is this ^ notes from the script for a CEDU psychodrama?
I have to ask because it reads like some ritualized seriously demented pedo grooming thing.

People dressed up as characters in the Summit workshop.  The notes were what was written in my summit notebook.  It was easier for me to write it that way in my notebook.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 02:12:56 PM »
Understood and THX for the answer. What other kinds of characters were there? Were they assigned or selected?
Additionally: what was their stated purpose of the Winnie the pooh thing?
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis