Author Topic: oldcommers  (Read 4142 times)

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: oldcommers
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 03:56:50 PM »
I believe mine (and I only had 1) are big time born again christians. They always have that to fall back on (or hide behind)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
?©?€~¥@

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »
At Straight, newcomers were rotated between oldcomer houses almost constantly. So a newcomer could go thru many oldcomers before becoming one himself. My first oldcomer was a tool. He had done my intake and had it in for me right from the start. Luckily I was moved to a new house after a couple of weeks. The same asshole got kicked out of Straight a few months later for having a "guy-guy relationship" with one of his host-brothers. The fucking bizarro world of Straight inc.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 04:49:26 AM »
wasb that the famous "tampa Clique"?   II heard reference to it bu it was slightly before my time. :deal:

Besides there was no foster as fucked up as the mereks,or worse yet the buicks.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 03:00:42 PM »
I can't comment based on personal experience in a program, but I feel like you might open yourself to being hurt again. I would give some thought as to what exactly you want from this person or persons. If you are hoping they will apologize or say "Yes, we mistreated you," or be concerned about the long-term consequences of the abuse you suffered in the program, then I think you're probably shopping in the wrong store, and may be disappointed or hurt. If that risk is okay/worth it, and you still hope for the possibiity of a good outcome or dialogue, then maybe start by saying that you've recently spent some time thinking about your time in the program and wondered if they would want to talk with you further about it. Have some questions ready so that you can guide the conversation, rather than leaving it in their hands.

Take care.

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »
Quote from: "seamus"
wasb that the famous "tampa Clique"?   II heard reference to it bu it was slightly before my time. :deal:

Besides there was no foster as fucked up as the mereks,or worse yet the buicks.

Naw, this was in the Atlanta bldg. Never heard bout the "tampa clique". Care to share with the group?

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 05:29:57 AM »
now mind you I dont have !st hand Knowledge of this, it was talked about in rather hushed tones, But..... supposedly there was a group of 3rd/4th phasers who were smokin dope and coming inta group high and shit. also roumor went around bout some homo stuff with them too.....was refered to as the "Tampa clique " now as I wasnt there I have abso fuckinglutley no idea how true or false that was( so much for confidentuality , huh) but mfrs used to talk about that shit and it was CREEPY.... Now there people who would know more than me about it, cause they were  there before me, but I wont say who they are cause its not my business if they elaborte on the tale or not.I just wont fuck with another vet,especially a same era vet, (man not much gets my respect, but that does,) Cause we know......The people I love ........Id eat a bullet for in a quick...past that the whole round world can suck dick and die...mebbee well start a thread. maybe i sound like a fuckhead but thats how I am......and  I just dont care. lemme start a thread......see if anybody wants in.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 05:41:44 AM »
Quote from: "AuntieEm2"
I can't comment based on personal experience in a program, but I feel like you might open yourself to being hurt again. I would give some thought as to what exactly you want from this person or persons. If you are hoping they will apologize or say "Yes, we mistreated you," or be concerned about the long-term consequences of the abuse you suffered in the program, then I think you're probably shopping in the wrong store, and may be disappointed or hurt. If that risk is okay/worth it, and you still hope for the possibiity of a good outcome or dialogue, then maybe start by saying that you've recently spent some time thinking about your time in the program and wondered if they would want to talk with you further about it. Have sothey would have to make this admission to thme questions ready so that you can guide the conversation, rather than leaving it in their hands.

Take care.

Auntie Em
darlin I always liked you, allways think your posts come from a great place,and I see the empathy that they contain,now please dont take this badly but, long ago I gave up the idea of ANYBODY from my program apologising ever. its just not gonna happen. nSimple reason being that in order to make a REAL and SINCERE apology, one would have to admit that theyed done wrong.......If I think thats gonna happen....I wont hold my breath.... :wall:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 04:31:31 PM »
Yeah, there are some people who've got a dark alley waiting for them...

Forgiveness? Not in all cases..

:twofinger:

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »
[/quote]
darlin I always liked you, allways think your posts come from a great place,and I see the empathy that they contain,now please dont take this badly but, long ago I gave up the idea of ANYBODY from my program apologising ever. its just not gonna happen. nSimple reason being that in order to make a REAL and SINCERE apology, one would have to admit that theyed done wrong.......If I think thats gonna happen....I wont hold my breath.... :wall:[/quote]

Thanks for your kind words, and this is my point exactly. I can't imagine them apologizing, and so why contact them? Even contacting them to tell them the harm they did opens a person up to getting hurt again.

Auntie Em
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »
Thanks for your kind words, and this is my point exactly. I can't imagine them apologizing, and so why contact them? Even contacting them to tell them the harm they did opens a person up to getting hurt again.

Auntie Em

I hear ya, the only reason I'd consider it would be to arrange to give them a royal ass-kicking, for what that would be worth.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 01:43:23 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"

Auntie Em

I hear ya, the only reason I'd consider it would be to arrange to give them a royal ass-kicking, for what that would be worth.

And this exact thing has happened at least once before. I think the story is already on one of the Atlanta Straight threads so i wont repeat it except to say former newcomer beat the shit out of former oldcomer and it was pretty cool. I knew both of them from our Straight days and IMO the dude did have an ass-kicking coming to him.

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 09:46:51 AM »
I believe deeply in justice and restitution for the harm that survivors have endured, but as you might guess, I can't support acts of violence. Revenge looks good in the movies, but in reality, when you hurt others you actually pay a great emotional price yourself. I know I sound like an old geezer here, and I know many won't agree, but in my experience, you can't make the hurt go away by generating more hurt.

I don't mean to touch off a debate--how can I blame people for raging at injustice?--so just take my advice or leave it, and know that I have great compassion for survivors for all the abuse, maltreatment, neglect and death that teens are subjected to in these programs. Be well, and find some peace through living a good life.

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places." -- Ernest Hemingway

Auntie Em