Author Topic: Vision Quest  (Read 18138 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2003, 04:51:00 AM »
This is too funny. I always get a kick about white people that have no clue about racism bitch about it like they are our saviors or something. Guess what? Black people call each other nigger all the time. It's just a word and continuing to demonize it is what gives it its power. The more people that say nigger and the more times that nigger is said the less power it has. Go find a cause of your own you stupid white devil.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2003, 10:17:00 AM »
listen ass they don't call themselves nigger its nigga there is a difference a big one evidently and it is from what I understand a way of taking back an insult and making it something of theirs again at least that is what I have gotten from friends but the reaction to a white dude in a bar going what's up niggER is a very different one.

this is not my cause I have to many already, there are no race issues around where I live anyway. this white devil was just poking around the boards so don't worry about me coming to rescue you sweetheart I have enough on my plate

that sounded real bitchy not my exactly regular personality but I have never been refered to as a white devil before, I cannot wait to tell someone here in the "real world" about it.

That's the problem with you anon's I OWN my words you hide behind a brown paper bag. Scared to death

Give me the youth, and Germany will rule the world.
--Hitler

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2003, 10:52:00 AM »
This is too funny. I always get a kick about white people that have no clue about racism bitch about it like they are our saviors or something. Guess what? Black people call each other nigger all the time. It's just a word and continuing to demonize it is what gives it its power. The more people that say nigger and the more times that nigger is said the less power it has. Go find a cause of your own you stupid white devil.

Two things: First, I doubt that you're black. Just a hunch. Two, who were you responding to? I think maybe Kaydee was mistaken in thinking that you were talking to her...you're not really black, are you?

[ This Message was edited by: Froderik13 on 2003-10-20 07:53 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Vision Quest
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2003, 11:58:00 AM »
Kady,

As to use of the N word. Kids in Pompano have a sort of a neighborhood cheer. Well, they hae a few. But here's one I know. "Grab yo money, grab yo ho, cause nigga, you in Pompano!" White kids say it, so do blacks. No on get's their nose out of joint about it but the schoolpeople.

But there's a little more context here. I don't know which threads you read over there on the Elan forum. But Nazi really does post some offensive material. It's not just casual use of the n word. Sure, I bet he would get his butt kicked in some neighborhoods. Mine included.

My point about the religious discussion... well, I suppose the anon folk who are complaining here would have to actually go and read some of that back and forth to know what I'm talking about. Art might be particularly interested in the ideas posited by at least one of our Conservative Christian posters who seems to sincerely believe that it's all the Jews' fault. But I doubt he'd have as much compassion for the Christians, who take the brunt of the angry atheists spite. Check out Powerful Attitude and all the harsh reaction to his angry vitriole.

And should I ban all posts in support of the various programs? You think those are not intimidating, disturbing and traumatic to program vets? I've had a lot of people thank me for letting those stand and, instead, letting their authors get a piece of our minds in response.

This is far from the first time this issue has come up over the years. When Marti first came along, back when the forum was hosted on coolboards or ezboards or something, Marti didn't like something Thea had said about our buddy Wes. She went balistic, insisting that I ban Thea. More recently, Marti and a few of her friends decided that Carey Bock was causing disruption by her comments. I didn't ban her either.

Three times now I've gotten letters of demand insisting that I make people stop saying mean things about various program and drug war organizations and personalities. And I've had plenty of people take issue with me over comparing the drug war to the holocaust!

My point is that I'm not here to tell adults what to say or how to say it. I claim and excercise my right to ignore or to challenge ideas that I find offensive or erroneous. THAT is what this forum is all about. No one, and I mean no one, has to worry that they won't get a chance here to put forth their point of view on anything, no matter how badly it might offend some. No one can expect to get a special advantage by currying favor with me.

Now, as I write this, if you look over to the Elan forum, you'll find a lot of threads that don't make a lot of sense. Matt moderates that forum. True to form, I've given him my opinion about this, he aparently disagrees and has been deleting some posts, but not others. The overall effect is to create the illusion that Nazi is not the kind of person to say such outrageous things and that the people who have taken exception to  his offensive ideas now look like lunatics, as they're arguing against posts that appear to have never been made.

It's my opinion, prior to seeing this to its conclusion, that this strategy is not going to work out too well. Here's how it worked out in the AARC forum: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=4&Sort=D But I set up that forum for Matt at his request and he can run it however he wants to.

There's a broad perception in this country these days that what we call 'hate speech' is illegal. It's not. The KKK holds rallies every so often, so does Louis Farrakhan. They publish newsletters and ads they produce or go attend a rally and listen to their leaders speak. Then look around and see how much sway they really garner and what quality of people fall for it.

There's a broad perception that it's an us or them battle; that the only proper response to 'hate speech' is to stiffle it, shut it down, silence it. I don't think that has ever worked out in all of human history.

One strategy has worked well down through time whenever it's been tried. So that's the one I use here. Rather than try and prevent people from voicing opinions that you don't like, go ahead and let them ramble on and see if they can defend them intellectually.

Oh, one more reason why it's a bad idea for our neo-stazi to insist on deleting all this offensive material. They claim that it's more than offensive, it's threatening and intimidating. If that's the case, then you'd want to preserve the evidence. If I delete the evidence then you go crying to the authorities to protect you from this person who you perceive as a real threat, you'll be shit out of luck.

"It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself." -- T.J.

The government is much more interested in preserving the purity of its ideology than it is in allowing patients to get effective medicine.
-- Ethan B. Russo, neurologist at Western Montana Clinic

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)
Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »
I think anon posting should be allowed to continue. I am not one who thinks it should be banned. I just get pissed when people get big balls and hide behind the anon so that I don't who they are and cannot get a feel for their personality. I hate not knowing someone. I feel like I know certain people from the way they are, their views ect. Their sense of humor...Ya know?

I like that people can come anonymously for reasons like that post on the Straight board that just got bumped up, but when someone attacks from a bag I cannot help but fling it up at them, sorry  ::noway:: I am childish. I will try to be more mature.  :wink:

Everybody's lost just waiting to be found. Everyone's a thought just waiting to fade.
-- Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2003, 05:23:00 PM »
I think that posting anon does say something about an author. At the very bottom of it, it almost always says that they're not comfortable attatching what they say to their names. The reader has to judge whether that's understandable fear or whether it's cowardice or whether it's a desire to say something they feel needs to be said to a friend, but they don't want to hurt their feelings any more than they have to.

Often enough, it's just plain cowardice or duplicity. But I don't think anyone has a whole lot of trouble figuring out when it's that.

But please feel free to fling up whatever comes to mind if you're inclined to put the time and energy into a response.

You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot
easier.
--GW Büsh, Governor of Texas. Governing Magazine, 7/98

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2003, 09:14:00 PM »
Shame on you Sammie.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2003, 09:30:00 PM »
Shame on you, Anon, for wasting precious time posting here when you could be out protesting against the local Klan chapter.  :roll:

My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.
-- Charles Barkley, on hearing Tonya Harding proclaim herself "the Charles Barkley of figure skating"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2003, 09:16:00 PM »
Sorry this anon doesn?t live in western pennsylvania, therefore it is much harder to step out my door step and fight the klan.

Offline Nazi

• View Profile
    • http://forum.sparklit.com/forum.spark?forumID=3963
Vision Quest
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2003, 12:21:00 PM »
That guy Joe I mentioned from Vison Quest is a NIGGER, he is a NIGGER welfare monkey peice of shit.It's a shame I for got the other niggers name that also was a staff member, I broke a chair over his back and knocked him the fuck out.I'm sure he hasn't forgotten my name.
lan is slowly being torn apart, thanks to me and all the other former Elanites out there that beleive in the destruction of tearing Elan apart. \"Keep up the great work\"

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2003, 02:17:00 PM »
On 2003-10-18 20:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You probably provoked all of the physical provoking with your racist mouth you fucking cracker."

Or maybe his attackers were just assholes, and didn't need to be provoked.

Paul St. JOhn

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2003, 02:43:00 PM »
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

The trouble with practical jokes is that very often they get elected.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0380768089/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Will Rogers, American humorist, political commentator and cowboy philosopher

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2003, 05:43:00 PM »
your a bit late st. paul. that conversation was two months ago. :wstupid:

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2003, 10:50:00 PM »
On 2003-12-06 11:43:00, Antigen wrote:

" :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I'm sorry.. I don't get it.  What does this have to do with my post?

The trouble with practical jokes is that very often they get elected.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0380768089/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Will Rogers, American humorist, political commentator and cowboy philosopher

"

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
Vision Quest
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2003, 10:53:00 PM »
On 2003-12-06 14:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"your a bit late st. paul. that conversation was two months ago. :wstupid: "

Ya know, I gotta be honest.. Some of the poele at these forums really are assholes.

Who the fuck cares?  I put in my cents now.  The forum is still on the page is it not?

Is this a game?  Do you have to get in your point in a certain amount of time, or it is void?

Seriously, someone like you should not be calling me stupid.  You wouldn t wanna further dilute yourself.

Paul