Author Topic: Help needed for a homeless  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Help needed for a homeless
« on: October 08, 2010, 12:32:25 AM »
As a spin-off of our involvement with the case of a runaway from Circle of Hope Ranch, we got a case of a young woman who is living on the streets on our hands.

Now we could really you your help as we have little knowledge of the social system outside Denmark. Some of you or some you know from your program did end up on the streets on in a shelter on their 18 year birthday. How did they go on in life?

Her reply, which was a kind of hidden appeal and a question:

once agen bk on the streets..... it sucks maybe i should just be a hobo eh..... family life aint for me.... wish i could just sort my life out you no......... well my week cnt get any worse the only way is if i die....

Karl Johanson's reply:

Hold a minute. Are you on the streets in England or in the States?

I am not that old, but life has been up-hill from time to time for me too. Parents who die before you really learned them to know, if you know what I talk about.

What I have learned is that life continues right around the corner when you expect it at least.

Lets cut it down to eating and sleeping; getting a job and some schooling. There are solutions and thats why I am asking what state you are in. Fact is - believe it or not that there is a lot of adults out there who like you was on the streets, the minute they turned 18 basically as result of failed "therapy" in residential settings. Their 18 year birthday present was a bus ticket down to the shelter.

I am going to ask them how they go on - where they went and how they got on in life. I will come back with a link or some of their replies, but I need the name of the state only (No cityname) you are residing in, so they can help with their knowledge of the social system in that particular state.

So let us forget our differences and be creative for once. Where did you or those who ended up in a situation like this go from this point?

P.S. Circle of Hope Ranch's webpage is down. A mother wrote to us complaining about how she was lied to and that the local police (who happens to have a staff member as shooting instructor) didn't do anything. We advised her to go state and she did. Now the Ranch is lying low trying not to stick out in the woods of good apologies.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Help needed for a homeless
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 09:38:19 AM »
It's so sad to hear of things like this.  If she's in FL, PM me and I'll see what I can find for her.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: Help needed for a homeless
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 02:18:12 PM »
She is in the UK. We are trying to contact some there.

But thank you very much.