Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Hyde Schools

PS student expelled for pot brownie sale, gets sent to HYDE

<< < (6/8) > >>

DannyB II:

--- Quote from: "none-ya" ---
--- Quote from: "Whooter" ---According to the article the boy is doing fine at Hyde and seems to be enjoying it.  Does anyone know how the academics are there?  I would assume it is better than any public school curriculum as a minimum.

I think as a minimum the school system should have laid out what needs to be done in order for the boy to return to school and give the parents the steps needed in writing so that they can proceed.

--- End quote ---

Yea I'm sure he's just as happy as a clam
--- End quote ---

Why is it so easy for you None-Ya, to dismiss, this young adult may have a problem Hyde can deal with.

Ursus:

--- Quote from: "Whooter" ---Does anyone know how the academics are there? I would assume it is better than any public school curriculum as a minimum.
--- End quote ---
They were about two years behind my former public school in some subjects. Perhaps that public school was exceptional!  :D

Lemme put it this way: I've never heard anyone claim that their academics were good, save perhaps in a Kool-Aid-inspired performance on their Vimeo marketing clips. Yet... I've heard several people say Hyde academics are "a joke." While I wouldn't be inclined to interpret that latter descriptive literally, their academics are certainly nowhere near the caliber of their sports program. They're probably a cut or two above the rote learning via a book + computer that one gets at WWASPS though...

The most insidiously nefarious thing about Hyde academics, however, is their grading system. Fifty percent of your grade is based on your "attitude," that is, on their completely subjective perception of your attitude. If they don't like you or what you're doing or thinking or saying, they can flunk ya no matter how smart you are!

Moreover, your class or year, i.e., whether you're a Sophomore or Junior or Senior, is similarly subjective. I can remember one poor bloke who they really did not like, who should've actually been a senior, who got demoted to a sophomore for a good long time. The classes determine who your "peers" are in Seminar / Discovery groups, IIRC... (it's been a while, lol).

Ursus:

--- Quote from: "DannyB II" ---
--- Quote from: "Whooter" ---According to the article the boy is doing fine at Hyde and seems to be enjoying it.  Does anyone know how the academics are there?  I would assume it is better than any public school curriculum as a minimum.

I think as a minimum the school system should have laid out what needs to be done in order for the boy to return to school and give the parents the steps needed in writing so that they can proceed.
--- End quote ---
Yea I'm sure he's just as happy as a clam
--- End quote ---
Why is it so easy for you None-Ya, to dismiss, this young adult may have a problem Hyde can deal with.
--- End quote ---
If it were a "get out of jail card"... maybe. Or maybe not. *I* wouldn't risk it. All too possible, unfortunately, is the very real likelihood of Hyde giving this kid some additional problems he'll have to spend time dealing with later.

none-ya:

--- Quote ---Danny B wrote;
"Why is it so easy for you None-Ya, to dismiss, this young adult may have a problem Hyde can deal with."
--- End quote ---

He sold a pot brownie to his friend(who probably snitched him out). But you want to treat him like he was selling secrets to the russians. A couple of hundread  bucks in fines and court costs should have made this go away.

Anne Bonney:

--- Quote ---Danny B wrote;
"Why is it so easy for you None-Ya, to dismiss, this young adult may have a problem Hyde can deal with."
--- End quote ---

He sold a pot brownie to his friend(who probably snitched him out). But you want to treat him like he was selling secrets to the russians. A couple of hundread  bucks in fines and court costs should have made this go away.
--- End quote ---

None-ya.....you don't know what he was gonna DO with that pot brownie.......just like that 6 year old kid with the Nerf gun.  We just don't KNOW what he would have DONE!!!  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version