Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Hyde Schools

PS student expelled for pot brownie sale, gets sent to HYDE

<< < (5/8) > >>

DannyB II:

--- Quote from: "Ursus" ---
--- Quote from: "none-ya" ---how long is this kid gonna' be stuck at HYDE for?
--- End quote ---
The language in the article seems to indicate that it's for the current school year. But... it's a bit vague on particulars, and certainly lacking in assurances.

School officials have told Bauman that he'll probably be out for a year. Their lawyer and her lawyer are negotiating terms of a possible re-entry plan that might include some kind of restitution and counseling, which her son continued through the summer.[/list][/size]
His case is also still making its way through the courts. During this time period, I'm sure that Hyde will be putting pressure on both the kid as well as his parents to invest in the... err... "opportunity of a lifetime": "Preparation For Life" through Hyde School, meaning at least a coupla more years.  :D

Stockholm Syndrome, here we come...
--- End quote ---

Hey, since you are so sure this young man is headed down the wrong road why are not contacting his parents. I mean you were given enough info should not be to hard to write a letter and send it to his parents, especially with your vast knowledge of Hyde and the consequences of going there in 2010.  I mean what are you doing here telling us, we already know, put your bravdo where pen is and write/email.
Do something that really make a difference, Ursus. Get back to us and let us know how it went.

none-ya:
A year or more for a misdomenor pot charge? The kid needs to get a lawyer or a better one. Some places this ai'nt even a crime.

DannyB II:

--- Quote from: "none-ya" ---A year or more for a misdomenor pot charge? The kid needs to get a lawyer or a better one. Some places this ai'nt even a crime.
--- End quote ---

None_Ya, he involved someone else.

Whooter:
According to the article the boy is doing fine at Hyde and seems to be enjoying it.  Does anyone know how the academics are there?  I would assume it is better than any public school curriculum as a minimum.

I think as a minimum the school system should have laid out what needs to be done in order for the boy to return to school and give the parents the steps needed in writing so that they can proceed.

none-ya:

--- Quote from: "Whooter" ---According to the article the boy is doing fine at Hyde and seems to be enjoying it.  Does anyone know how the academics are there?  I would assume it is better than any public school curriculum as a minimum.

I think as a minimum the school system should have laid out what needs to be done in order for the boy to return to school and give the parents the steps needed in writing so that they can proceed.

--- End quote ---

Yea I'm sure he's just as happy as a clam

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version