Author Topic: Bullying suicide rates on the rise  (Read 10500 times)

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
Re: Bullying suicide rates on the rise
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2010, 11:06:37 AM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"
Quote from: "SUCK_IT"
Hah, Even Frodie gives me a ten on the Truth O Meter, Anne.  At least he has the good sense to understand what I'm saying.

Suckit, you are the best example any of us could have hoped for to demonstrate the dangers of the kind of thought reform practiced in those places.  For all of you parents out there reading this, Suckit is a proud program GRADUATE.  This is the kind of maturity and values those programs will install.  If you want your kid to be a sadistic, dogmatic sociopath then by all means follow the advice of Whooter and Suckit, just don't be surprised a few years later if your child, now a legal adult, tells you they want nothing to do with you anymore, have a nice life.   We here at Fornits tried to warn you.

More extremist banter, what a surprise.  Slim Shady you have to understand that programs only exist to do the job that parents didn't want to do.  "Warning" them is like telling an eskimo his house is cold.  He already knows this and spent the money to send their kid to a program because they needed someone to do the work they fell short on.  I can't see anything sadistic about saying so.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2010, 11:28:15 AM »
Hah, Even Frodie gives me a ten on the Truth O Meter, Anne.  At least he has the good sense to understand what I'm saying.

Suckit, you are the best example any of us could have hoped for to demonstrate the dangers of the kind of thought reform practiced in those places.  For all of you parents out there reading this, Suckit is a proud program GRADUATE.  This is the kind of maturity and values those programs will install.  If you want your kid to be a sadistic, dogmatic sociopath then by all means follow the advice of Whooter and Suckit, just don't be surprised a few years later if your child, now a legal adult, tells you they want nothing to do with you anymore, have a nice life.   We here at Fornits tried to warn you.

More extremist banter, what a surprise.  Slim Shady you have to understand that programs only exist to do the job that parents didn't want to do.  "Warning" them is like telling an eskimo his house is cold.  He already knows this and spent the money to send their kid to a program because they needed someone to do the work they fell short on.  I can't see anything sadistic about saying so.

Is evading their parental responsibility worth the risk that their kid will consider them a child abuser and not speak to them ever again?  You seem to think that parents really don't care about their kids and just see them as a nuisance.  In some cases I am sure you are right, but in most cases the parents are simply overwhelmed.  They want what is best for their child, they just don't think they are capable of providing it.  What I want to convey to them is that no matter how inadequate they think they are as parents, they are still far more qualified to raise them than these 'schools' are.  You are NOT doing your child a favor by sending them to one of these places.  You are giving them a punishment which will leave life long scars.

And you are sadistic, Suckit, because you ridicule and minimize the pain and suffering of others.

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2010, 11:32:22 AM »
Look, Slim Shady, I am a success because of the program.  Sure I hated my parents at first but so what?  Look at me now.  I only use hard drugs every once in a while, when I drink it's usually a bender for less than a week and I only use weed daily, nothing else, except some oxycodone I get from my sister, but that's Rx, so it doesn't really count.  Without the program I would still have substance abuse issues.
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2010, 11:34:57 AM »
Look, Slim Shady, I am a success because of the program.  Sure I hated my parents at first but so what?  Look at me now.  I only use hard drugs every once in a while, when I drink it's usually a bender for less than a week and I only use weed daily, nothing else, except some oxycodone I get from my sister, but that's Rx, so it doesn't really count.  Without the program I would still have substance abuse issues.

I rest my case.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2010, 11:38:13 AM »
I'm telling ya....Poe's law.  It's scary when you can't tell the satirical posts from the ones who truly feel this way.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2010, 11:42:50 AM »

I rest my case.

Whoa, calm down there, Slim Shady.  This is just a message board not a court of law lol.  And I said I hated my parents "at first" not anymore.  Now we just don't talk or see eachother too much but it's not because we're angry at eachother.  It's more because the program functioned like my parents and when I have time to go visiting I usually visit the old staff and my peers from there but it's closed down now.  I only see my parents at thanksgiving and Christmas usually.
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2010, 12:23:24 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
I'm telling ya....Poe's law.  It's scary when you can't tell the satirical posts from the ones who truly feel this way.

Poe? As in Edgar Allan?  :seg:

Well, whatever....

It's the anniversary of his death today.. 5:30 AM. Oct 7, 1849. :dose:

R.I.P.  :poison:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2010, 12:41:43 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"

Poe? As in Edgar Allan?  :seg:

Well, whatever....

It's the anniversary of his death today.. 5:30 AM. Oct 7, 1849. :dose:

R.I.P.  :poison:

Woah, didn't know that.  Hmm.  R.I.P. indeed.

Don't know if it was actually named after him, but this is the 'urban dictionary' definition:

1.    Poe's Law

Similar to Murphy's Law, Poe's Law concerns internet debates, particularly regarding religion or politics. "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing." In other words, No matter how bizzare, outrageous, or just plain idiotic a parody of a Fundamentalist may seem, there will always be someone who cannot tell that it is a parody, having seen similar REAL ideas from real religious/political Fundamentalists.

The following is an actual Internet post to Biblically defend a flat Earth:

"All I was saying was that either the earth is flat, and the bible is correct, or the earth is round, and the bible is incorect (sic), i'm (sic) going to study the issue more and deside (sic) for myself which route I want to take. Either Atheist evolutionist, who agrees with all of mainstream sciences, or flat earth litteral (sic) bible believer.
I'm leaning toward being an atheist, because if I can't believe the bible to be completly (sic) litteraly (sic) true, then I can't believe Jesus when he speaks about heaven, etc..
That would make the moon landing a fake, and pretty much all of modern science false..."

Response:

"That's it, I'm claiming Poe's Law on this guy."

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »
I think "Poes law" was established by a guy named "Nathan Poe".

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2010, 01:27:34 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162- ... 04083.html

Seth Walsh: Gay 13-Year-Old Hangs Self After Reported Bullying

NEW YORK (CBS) Seth Walsh, a 13-year-old California middle school student, died in the hospital on Tuesday, days after he attempted to take his own life after reportedly enduring relentless bullying.

PICTURES: Seth Walsh, Bullying Victim?

Seth, a student at Jacobsen Middle School in Tehachapi, Calif., was found unconscious and not breathing on Sept. 19 after he apparently tried to hang himself from a tree in his backyard, according to a police report obtained by The Bakersfield Californian.

Friends told NBC affiliate KGET that Seth had been picked on for years because he was gay.

Police investigators interviewed some of the young people who taunted Seth the day he hanged himself, and determined despite the tragic outcome of their ridicule, their actions do not constitute a crime, reported KGET.

"Several of the kids that we talked to broke down into tears," Jeff Kermode, Tehachapi Police Chief, said. "They had never expected an outcome such as this."

"[Bullying] is obviously something we're looking at," Sgt. Wyatt Empey told The Bakersfield Californian.

Seth was rushed to the hospital and was placed in life support in critical condition, but according to TehachapiNews.com, he succumbed to his injuries Tuesday.

Seth attended Jacobsen Middle School last year before transferring into independent study. Tehachapi Union School District Superintendent Richard Swanson told The Bakersfield Californian that Seth was a good student and liked by the faculty.

"He was different. He knew he was different," Seth's mother, Judy Walsh said according to TehachapiNews.com. "He was a very loving boy, very kind. He had a beautiful smile. He liked fashion, his friends, talking on the phone. He was artistic and very bright."

Judy Walsh hopes her son's death is a wake up call to the community to "develop more tolerance for different people."

ALSO ON CRIMESIDER

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2010, 04:29:40 PM »

Anne, Poes Law was yesterday, quit with it now, this is what we mean, the embellishing. All of us get it.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2010, 04:33:18 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

All of us get it.

From the way you write, I seriously doubt you "get" much of anything.   Which is probably why you're in constant search of some fucking guru to tell you how to lead your life.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2010, 04:45:32 PM »

All of us get it.

From the way you write, I seriously doubt you "get" much of anything.   Which is probably why you're in constant search of some fucking guru to tell you how to lead your life.

Sad part boys, she really believes she is ahead. Winning.  :rofl:
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2010, 04:51:37 PM »

All of us get it.

Sad part boys, she really believes she is ahead. Winning.  :rofl:

Winning what?   What the hell are you talking about?

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2010, 06:14:36 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Be proud to be gay, my friend.

Ford, if that was aimed at me..Thanks for that. -DP- and if it wasn't ...thanks for saying that to someone else period. :)
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.