Author Topic: What are normal kids, do we know, can we be honest  (Read 740 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
What are normal kids, do we know, can we be honest
« on: September 30, 2010, 09:11:22 PM »
Anne Bonney, made this comment the other day on a thread about parents actions concerning kids before placement in a program. "Most of the kids in Straight were just normal teens." It got me thinking about yesterday and today. More to the point of, was I aware of my normalcy as a kid and how can I look back honestly and say, "I was just a normal kid".

Why would parents send their normal kids away, what else is happening here, were there other emotional/mental issues at hand, drugs and alcohol, rebellion.
What is considered normal, now if your close to 50 years of age you can not compare your upbringing to kids of today. We were brought up in a different generation, "The Industrial Age", are parents were not tolerant of wayward children. The sixty's and seventy's totally confused my Mom and Dad. My dad would not let me wear bell bottoms, have long hair (over the ears), colored button down shirts (white only) ect....

Note: This a just a informative conversation to understand more not a game to push an agenda. I do not believe because someone acted out they therefore had to be punished by being sent to a program to be abused, OK.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.