Author Topic: Can people be forced to change?  (Read 9189 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Can people be forced to change?
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2010, 04:57:32 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Whooter"
Forcing a child to go to school isnt breaking them Anne,  Forcing a child to make their bed or eat healthy foods isnt breaking them.

But that's not what we're talking about and you know it.  We're talking about forcing a kid to fundamentally change who they are and that change is brought about thru the use of LGAT-type methods.  Those break kids.  It's a bad idea to break a kid, no matter how good the intentions are.

Anne, look at the thread title.  It doesnt say anything about breaking people down or LGAT.  Its a fundamental question.  "Can people be forced to change?"

You cant seem to get your head out of straight.  Look at the question independently of straight.  

The answer is yes, people can be forced to change.  We have demonstrated that.  Many examples.

WE can start a new thread that says "Can a person be forced to change who they fundamentally are"  Then we can talk about brainwashing and LGATs and such.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2010, 05:01:52 PM »
Forcing a child to go to school isnt breaking them Anne,  Forcing a child to make their bed or eat healthy foods isnt breaking them.

But that's not what we're talking about and you know it.  We're talking about forcing a kid to fundamentally change who they are and that change is brought about thru the use of LGAT-type methods.  Those break kids.  It's a bad idea to break a kid, no matter how good the intentions are.

Anne, look at the thread title.  It doesnt say anything about breaking people down or LGAT.  Its a fundamental question.  "Can people be forced to change?"

You cant seem to get your head out of straight.  Look at the question independently of straight.  

The answer is yes, people can be forced to change.  We have demonstrated that.  Many examples.

WE can start a new thread that says "Can a person be forced to change who they fundamentally are"  Then we can talk about brainwashing and LGATs and such.

Quit playing your semantics games with me.  I'm really tired of it.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »

Quit playing your semantics games with me.  I'm really tired of it.

Are you drinking or something?  I am serious.  Where does it mention breaking kids down?  Why do you want to impose a change to the title many pages into the discussion just because I made my point?

We were all talking about change here, nothing about breaking kids spirit or LGATs.  We covered that there are abusive ways to change kids and none abusive ways.  You havent even read your own thread.  Talk about spin Anne.

Change the Title if you like and we will continue on with "Breaking kids down" if you like.  but make up your mind.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2010, 04:11:04 PM »
If you force a child into a program and he embraces many of the new lifestyles, education, reading and after being exposed to it for a long period of time he may learn to enjoy it and adopt it into his own routine.

This would be considered change..  initially forced (compliant) and then finally accepted.

Now you're playing games MR. Reuben, without addressing the questions being put to you.
It seems to be your MO.

Mr. Reuben - I'll ask my question again, based in part  on YOUR OWN WORDS:

How does someone "accept" or "embrace" new lifestyles, education (I presume this means IDEAS), and routines without CHOOSING to do so?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2010, 04:14:27 PM »
Quote from: "Son Of Serbia"

Now you're playing games MR. Reuben, without addressing the questions being put to you.
It seems to be your MO.

How does someone "accept" or "embrace" new lifestyles, education (I presume this means IDEAS), and routines without CHOOSING to do so?

If you are speaking to me I am not Mr. Reuben.  If you redirect your question to me I will respond.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2010, 02:29:16 PM »

It seems to be your MO.

If you are speaking to me I am not Mr. Reuben.  If you redirect your question to me I will respond.

So I guess you prefer "John" then?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »

It seems to be your MO.

He usually answers to "John" or "John Reuben" as you can see below:

Link to where TheWho admits he is john Reuben

Quote from: "TheWho"
Quote from: "Guest"
John must be too busy enSlavingTeens right now to answer.

Yes, he takes gubmint dollars (your tax dollars) and uses them to imprison youths privately at various quack-holes.

Why is that a crime? They use tax dollars for far worse things than imprisoning youths.  At least they are kept safe here.  Imagine if they were shipped overseas with private funding where people hate Americans.  You would see abuse on a whole new level. All my work stays within the confines of the US borders... no 2nd rate programs.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »
Quote from: "Troll Control"

It seems to be your MO.

He usually answers to "John" or "John Reuben" as you can see below:

Link to where TheWho admits he is john Reuben

Quote from: "TheWho"
John must be too busy enSlavingTeens right now to answer.

Yes, he takes gubmint dollars (your tax dollars) and uses them to imprison youths privately at various quack-holes.

Why is that a crime? They use tax dollars for far worse things than imprisoning youths.  At least they are kept safe here.  Imagine if they were shipped overseas with private funding where people hate Americans.  You would see abuse on a whole new level. All my work stays within the confines of the US borders... no 2nd rate programs.

Oh, I see!  Sorry, it was my mistake.

JOHN REUBEN- I'll ask you my question again, based in part on YOUR OWN WORDS:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2010, 10:19:44 AM »
Coercion always has its cost.

Whether that coercion is physical, mental, emotional, or whatever, there is no free ride for that shortcut to change.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------