Author Topic: Dead, insane, or in jail (general discussion)  (Read 13610 times)

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
Re: Dead, insane, or in jail (recovering from low expectatio
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2010, 03:13:49 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Maximilian"
The demand is there, that is why programs exist.

No doubt the demand is there now.....it's been carefully crafted and marketed by the TTI.  The TTI created the demand.

Imagine you are a single mom, the dad left long ago. You have two sons, and they are both really big, physically. One of them is a good student and doing well, but their older brother is into using drugs, partying every night and getting drunk, not going to school, and when you, the single mother confronts him, he pushes you up against the wall and threatens you. "Don't get in my way, mom, you'll regret it." You are worried that the older son will have a negative influence on the younger son, and you are desperate for help to change this situation. You are lucky enough to have a good job and can afford to send your kid to a program. So you go online, find a reputable Ed Con and begin the process of choosing a program.

This is a typical scenario for a parent seeking out a program. What part of this involves a parent getting scammed, exactly? Parents are extremely grateful programs exist, they don't need to be convinced. In my opinion this claim that parents are all gullible, easily conned people with perfect teens is just totally off base, it does not represent the reality of programs. If you see the industry this way, no wonder it's so confusing to so many of you, because you just don't get it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
Re: Dead, insane, or in jail
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2010, 03:19:23 PM »

These are parents who are being scammed.

Well then, I'm sure they will be pleased to receive an email from you telling them the truth about how they are being scammed. Get to work, go save the innocent kids from getting put in a program by their gullible, naive and ironically wealthy parents. You can do it!

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2010, 03:22:34 PM »
This is an incorrect assessment of the structure of the troubled teen industry. Parents seek the help of programs, and that is why they existed. Programs do not create a false demand, it's already there. That's why there are so many programs open for business. But I know this is all part of the fornits narrative, and I know many people here believe it. But if you talked to people outside fornits, you'd realize this is not true. I suggest you go read forums where parents seeking programs post, and then tell me these are parents who are being scammed.

Ok, I did as you suggested.  

Anything else I can help you out with?

See, Anne, you are insincere... another reason why many people dont believe your stories.  You dont even take the time to read what you are fighting against.  You take a sound bit here and there and believe what others tell you.

Try to think for yourself.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2010, 03:28:28 PM »

Well then, I'm sure they will be pleased to receive an email from you telling them the truth about how they are being scammed. Get to work, go save the innocent kids from getting put in a program by their gullible, naive and ironically wealthy parents. You can do it!

I have and will continue to do so.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

See, Anne, you are insincere... another reason why many people dont believe your stories.  

:roflmao:

Oh that's rich, coming from you!!

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2010, 03:37:13 PM »
The demand is there, that is why programs exist.

No doubt the demand is there now.....it's been carefully crafted and marketed by the TTI.  The TTI created the demand.

Imagine you are a single mom, the dad left long ago. You have two sons, and they are both really big, physically. One of them is a good student and doing well, but their older brother is into using drugs, partying every night and getting drunk, not going to school, and when you, the single mother confronts him, he pushes you up against the wall and threatens you. "Don't get in my way, mom, you'll regret it." You are worried that the older son will have a negative influence on the younger son, and you are desperate for help to change this situation.

I don't have to imagine it.....I've lived it as a parent.  'Cept it was two daughters, not sons and amazingly the "troubled" one made it through adolescence without being shipped off to strangers to be subjected to LGAT pseudo-psycho babble re-education bullshit which can only serve to make those troubles worse due to the humiliation/attack "therapy" they use.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2010, 03:57:26 PM »

See, Anne, you are insincere... another reason why many people dont believe your stories.  

Oh that's rich, coming from you!!

You do Anne,  If someone said I claimed to have 2 sons you bought right into it without reading the post.  If someone said I call another poster (who I willl not mention) a "child molester" then you bought it hook line and sinker... never bothered to read for yourself.  Now someone told you about me not wanting a hotline because the operator would talk dirty and you just believe it without reading for yourself.

You have been like this for years, Anne, I don't think you realize it but it is obvious to the readers in my opinion.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »

You do Anne,  If someone said I claimed to have 2 sons you bought right into it without reading the post.

Wrong.  I believe that because of my experiences with you over the years.  Believe me....nobody has to convince me of it.  You do a good enough job all by yourself.

Now someone told you about me not wanting a hotline because the operator would talk dirty and you just believe it without reading for yourself.

No, you wrote it and I read it.  That's why I believed it.  Now, care to show the link where I said that Straight helped or that I embellished or are you gonna use semantics and/or quote mining to weasel out of it yet again?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2010, 04:21:24 PM »

You do Anne,  If someone said I claimed to have 2 sons you bought right into it without reading the post.

Wrong.  I believe that because of my experiences with you over the years.  Believe me....nobody has to convince me of it.  You do a good enough job all by yourself.

Now someone told you about me not wanting a hotline because the operator would talk dirty and you just believe it without reading for yourself.

No, you wrote it and I read it.  That's why I believed it.  Now, care to show the link where I said that Straight helped or that I embellished or are you gonna use semantics and/or quote mining to weasel out of it yet again?

Anne, the link to where you stated you embellished your stories about straight is posted right below the link where you claim I stated "I thought a hotline was a bad idea because the operator would talk dirty to the kid".
Show me that link and you will find the link you are looking for.  Just like you said "You wrote it and I read it"  go see for yourself.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2010, 04:24:12 PM »

Anne, the link to where you stated you embellished your stories about straight is posted right below the link where you claim I stated "I thought a hotline was a bad idea because the operator would talk dirty to the kid".
Show me that link and you will find the link you are looking for.  Just like you said "You wrote it, Anne, and I read it"  go see for yourself.

So you're gonna weasel out again.  It's ok.....I didn't really expect that you would follow thru.  Even if I was mistaken in my interpretation of your post about the hotline (which I wasn't), at least I put forth a good faith effort and posted what I believed to be your opposition to the hotline.  You don't even have the integrity to do that.  But again, we've all come to expect that from you.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2010, 04:26:51 PM »

I don't have to imagine it.....I've lived it as a parent.  'Cept it was two daughters, not sons and amazingly the "troubled" one made it through adolescence without being shipped off to strangers to be subjected to LGAT pseudo-psycho babble re-education bullshit which can only serve to make those troubles worse due to the humiliation/attack "therapy" they use.

Like the majority of families your kids responded to local services, family help and didnt need the services provided outside the community.  Many families have kids who do not respond well to local options and family intervention and need to seek residential treatment.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2010, 04:30:38 PM »

Like the majority of families your kids responded to local services, family help and didnt need the services provided outside the community.  Many families have kids who do not respond well to local options and family intervention and need to seek residential treatment.

Mmmm hmmm.  I was supposed to be long dead by now, but I'm still here.  And along those same lines, the grandparents filled out one of those "online assessments" that programs are so fond of and, shockingly, they were told that my daughter would be deadinsaneorinjail soon if they didn't promptly enroll her in their program.  Yeah, that never came true either, but it didn't stop the programs from trying to capitalize on the grandparents fears.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2010, 04:31:22 PM »

So you're gonna weasel out again.  It's ok.....I didn't really expect that you would follow thru.  Even if I was mistaken in my interpretation of your post about the hotline (which I wasn't), at least I put forth a good faith effort and posted what I believed to be your opposition to the hotline.  You don't even have the integrity to do that.  But again, we've all come to expect that from you.

No your being a weasel,  I explained to you what I meant and asked you to read it in context with the conversation.  If you choose not to take my meaning then I have the option to chose the same. I can interpret any of your posts the way I want regardless of whether you explain your intent.  I can chose not to listen to your explanation.

It can go both ways, Anne.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »

No your being a weasel,  I explained to you what I meant and asked you to read it in context with the conversation.  If you choose not to take my meaning then I have the option to chose the same. I can interpret any of your posts the way I want regardless of whether you explain your intent.  I can chose not to listen to your explanation.

It can go both ways, Anne.

Fine, so have the integrity to post the link to where you THINK I said anything close to what you've claimed I have.  Or, continue your tapdance to weasel out again because you know I've never written anything like that.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2010, 07:05:58 PM »
You keep saying that & I keep reading current accounts of programs that are strikingly similar to how Straight operated.

Anne, please stop being stubborn. Try to accept others points of view.
Congrats, you were sopposed to be dead but not, grew up, raised two daughters that had nothing but problems and miraculously did not have to place them in some program.
I would say this has been a great life so far, keep it going.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.