Author Topic: Programs exist for a reason  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
Programs exist for a reason
« on: October 01, 2010, 02:37:15 PM »
Programs exist because parents wanted a place they could send their troubled teen off to. Before programs a troubled teen could tear down an entire family, siblings and parents and everyone. Now they can be isolated away from the family in a program, and get treated and come back to the family safe and sound. Programs are great and there is nothing that fornits is going to do that will prevent programs from operating. A bunch of whining on fornits about programs does nothing to stop the kids being sent to programs today, tomorrow and indefinitely into the future. Perhaps that is why people here are so angry, and want to take their anger out on any poster here who doesn't agree with the cult that all treatment is abusive. I would be angry too if there was nothing I could do to stop something I hated. But sadly for them, programs are helpful, necessary and only going to increase now that the economy is coming around again. So you can get mad at me, or Whooter or whatever. But think about it, you are the side that is losing, and no amount of insulting or whining about here will change that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Programs exist for a reason
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 03:14:51 PM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"
Programs exist because parents wanted a place they could send their troubled teen off to. Before programs a troubled teen could tear down an entire family, siblings and parents and everyone. Now they can be isolated away from the family in a program, and get treated and come back to the family safe and sound. Programs are great and there is nothing that fornits is going to do that will prevent programs from operating. A bunch of whining on fornits about programs does nothing to stop the kids being sent to programs today, tomorrow and indefinitely into the future. Perhaps that is why people here are so angry, and want to take their anger out on any poster here who doesn't agree with the cult that all treatment is abusive. I would be angry too if there was nothing I could do to stop something I hated. But sadly for them, programs are helpful, necessary and only going to increase now that the economy is coming around again. So you can get mad at me, or Whooter or whatever. But think about it, you are the side that is losing, and no amount of insulting or whining about here will change that.

Programs exist to take advantage of gullible parents and make a lot of money.  Is that on topic enough for you "Max"?
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 03:18:42 PM »
Ah yes, the predictability of the fornits mythology. Programs are filled with innocent kids, taken away from their loving, yet gullible and naive parents. All it takes to get a parent to send their kid to a program is cold calling them and saying your teenager is going to be dead, insane or in jail. It's kind of surprising parents who send kids to programs have any money, since they are so easily conned and gullible you'd think they would have spent all their money on door to door vacuum salesmen or something. The truth is parents seek out programs because they need them to help with their troubled teen. Programs do not advertise in any way that somebody who isn't specifically looking for a program would ever find them.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »
Ah yes, the predictability of the fornits mythology. Programs are filled with innocent kids, taken away from their loving, yet gullible and naive parents.

Most of the kids I was in there with really were just normal teens.  Programs do advertise thru word of mouth, which is what our "Open Meetings" were about and why we were 'encouraged' to embellish our 'past'.  They also advertise thru EdCons who are paid handsomely to admit a kid into a program.  And I keep wondering how all these friends of mine that Straight swore would DIE if they weren't enrolled in Straight, yet they're the ones who grew into healthy adults, while I (again, the lightweight of my friends) ended up having real problems after graduating.  They didn't have to cold call because parents were chastised and even threatened if they didn't recruit their neighbors to admit their own kids.  One of my best friends then and now were scared into going to an Open Meeting and were shocked at the "treatment" of the kids and didn't admit her.  

There were a few kids who truly did need help, but Straight didn't provide it.  All Straight did was make the problems they had worse.  You seem to be one of those that believes that adolescence is a pathological disease.  Kids aren't perfect.  They disobey their parents as a normal part of figuring out who they are as a person and not a clone of their parents.  As I said, no one gets out of adolescence unscathed, but to subject them to the humiliation that is LGAT is cruel and has the opposite effect that is intended.  It's our job as parents to guide kids thru the teen years, not some strangers using quasi, unproven and questionable 'therapy'.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 08:08:03 PM »
Your program experience is ancient history, thirty years ago is a long time. The program you went to has shut down a long time ago. I don't think it's coincidence all the posters here talking about rotting food and what not are from programs decades ago. Kids today are much more computer literate and if they were all being abused, they would have found fornits a long time ago and been posting as well. But instead it's just a small group of people who went to programs in the 70s and 80s. Things change for the better, and programs have become a safe and effective option for parents. That's why they do so well, parents know better who to trust. Bitter people who were in programs 30 years ago with a grudge to settle? No they trust people with experience with modern day, safe, contemporary programs.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 08:48:03 PM »
So you didn't read anything I wrote. Ok

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 07:52:11 AM »
The program I was in the first time took advantage of my having depression . I had an EEG through them that was irregular. Did they ever tell me? No! While I was in a another program I was transferred to a REAL hospital when I had another irregular EEG and a irregular MRI. Only then did I find out about the previous EEG. The first program told me it was my fault I was depressed. Guess what I have seizures! The depression is a result of the seizures. Programs do not exist for any other reason than taking the money of insurance and parents'! So get a grip and get honest with yourself!

I spent four years thinking I was BAD and having flashbacks. They were auras and I am not BAD. I am a regular person. This is the first time I am saying this on here. I hope it does not shock anyone. Yes I have them. My siblings do not talk to me because of the programs! It all sucks!

I will live though! I take my meds and go on. I am an adversary of programs! Thank you very much. I lost four years of my life. I finished college late, and I now have problems with intimacy due to "BANS". So thanks you very much Max. You suck! Get a life and get honest with yourself!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 09:52:05 AM »
Your program experience is ancient history, thirty years ago is a long time.

Again, you keep saying that but kids posting their recent experiences could have been written by me or any of the people I was in Straight with, with a few minor execptions.  Programs that use LGATs (most of which we're talking about) are inherently abusive because they use the 'break them down to build them up' method.  To force that on a kid who is still developing physically,emotionally and neurologically is abusive.  Add to that a kid that might truly be "troubled" makes it even worse.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 10:49:13 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Your program experience is ancient history, thirty years ago is a long time.

Again, you keep saying that but kids posting their recent experiences could have been written by me or any of the people I was in Straight with, with a few minor execptions.  Programs that use LGATs (most of which we're talking about) are inherently abusive because they use the 'break them down to build them up' method.  To force that on a kid who is still developing physically,emotionally and neurologically is abusive.  Add to that a kid that might truly be "troubled" makes it even worse.

:tup:   Anne,great post!  You really hit the nail on the head.  I just wanted to add
that many kids enter these programs being fairly normal, but end up leaving the program "troubled" as a direct result of the long-term, sustained, abuse they
had suffered.  

I left the program (CEDU) far more "troubled" than I had been when I got there.  Nearly
a year of Nightmares after the fact,  lots of confusion trying to fit into to the real world
that I'd been completely isolated from for 19 months (I felt completely lost), and a head
full of horrible & traumatic memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life.  
That's NOT helpful at all!

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 11:18:16 AM »
:clown:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:02:33 AM by Eliscu2 »
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »
Your program experience is ancient history, thirty years ago is a long time. The program you went to has shut down a long time ago. I don't think it's coincidence all the posters here talking about rotting food and what not are from programs decades ago.

I'm much more concerned about the use of LGATs than I am the crappy food.  The LGATs are what do the lasting damage.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 11:32:06 AM »
LGAT sounds like a kind of handgun...

YO, I just jacked this fool...he took one look at my LGAT and shit his mawfukkin' pants..