Author Topic: Responsibility for Abuse in the Troubled Teen Industry  (Read 8834 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: ? is Abuse in the Troubled Teen Industry
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 07:50:11 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Whooter thinks having an abuse hotline in programs is a bad idea because the hotline operator might talk dirty to the kids.

Anne you admitted yourself here on fornits, many times, that programs are helpful in most cases and that you had embellished many of the events that you claim occurred inside the program.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"
The statute of limitations has run out in my case.  

Let me guess. The "mind control" is programmed to expire exactly after the statute of limitations of abuse, right? How devilishly clever of the programs.

Nah, it took me quite a bit longer. It's a shame too because 2 of the people I was in there with did sue for abuse and each won 6 figure judgments.  Judgments, not settlements.

Then Straight & Newton were closed because of all the abuse.

Well, they don't factor in all the drugs and alcohol they could not wait to consume once they got out, the reckless lifestyle they chose to live, all conducive to extending the months and years before they were aware of what exactly happened in that T/C they were in. So ya, the statue of limitations ran out.

In many cases students, residents or programmies just picked up with their reckless lifestyle they were living before they got to their perspective programs. Which goes to show ya, for many of us the programs we were in had very little effect on us either way. Does this mean the programs were not abusive, I am not saying that.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:46:05 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 09:34:26 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Whooter thinks having an abuse hotline in programs is a bad idea because the hotline operator might talk dirty to the kids.

Anne you admitted yourself here on fornits, many times, that programs are helpful in most cases and that you had embellished many of the events that you claim occurred inside the program.

If I remember correctly Anne was in Straight Inc., which was definitely NOT helpful in most cases.  And, having been in a nearly identical spinoff program I find it hard to believe that she needed to embellish anything.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 09:44:48 PM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"

If I remember correctly Anne was in Straight Inc., which was definitely NOT helpful in most cases.  And, having been in a nearly identical spinoff program I find it hard to believe that she needed to embellish anything.

We have all embellished our experiences.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
Re: Responsibility for Abuse in the Troubled Teen Industry
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 09:47:33 PM »
I haven't, was I supposed to?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 10:00:07 PM »

Well maybe sometimes in the heat of an argument or discussion things can be said to exaggerate your point, who knows.  She is human and I dont judge her harshly for it.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 10:07:55 PM »
I haven't, was I supposed to?

Shady, com'on.....not even a little, when telling a story.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 10:09:31 AM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Please excuse me. Not wanting to disrupt the flow here, but I don't understand how I started this theead? No I did not.
The first post on here is me replying to whooter from another thread, That is now gone?
It looks like Psy thought addressing Whooter's McDonalds comment was "off-topic" and hence ... split the thread.

The original thread is still around, here: ? is Abuse in the Troubled Teen Industry
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Whooter's trolling outta his cupola
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 10:16:45 AM »
Link, please?

I do not recall Anne saying that "programs are helpful in most cases." Nor do I recall her "embellishing" any events from program.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: Whooter's trolling outta his cupola
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 10:24:44 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Link, please?

I do not recall Anne saying that "programs are helpful in most cases." Nor do I recall her "embellishing" any events from program.

Me neither.. that statement was complete fabrication.....maybe Whooter could be banned for that?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Danny's embellishments
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 10:45:35 AM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Quote from: "Ursus"
Link, please?

Me neither.. that statement was complete fabrication.....maybe Whooter could be banned for that?
Speaking of "fabrications," in a loose interpretation of the word:

Quote from: "DannyB II"
We have all embellished our experiences.
Speak for yourself, DannyB. I don't think any one of us is in the position to speak for every one of us here, unless you're talking 'bout the physical necessity of elimination, fecestically speaking.  :D

Lemme put it this way: You certainly do not speak for me.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 11:11:10 AM »
Quote from: "Samara"
If you were beat and starved in a program, then call the cops. Tell them the staff member's name who beat you and starved you, and have them charged with aggravated assault on a minor. The punishment would likely involve jail time, wouldn't that be sweet justice? Oh but wait. The police ask for pesky things like evidence, witness statements, and corroboration. Shucks. Guess that's why nobody here calls the cops on all the "abuse" going on right now in programs across the country, right? Well, at least we have the internet, where we can say whatever we want, condemn whoever we want and nobody asks us for proof.
Uneffingbelievable, M. You know damn well no one could complain because staff just called you a liar and said that is why you were in the program. And mental and emotional abuse? Hard to prove. Plus, we were not who we are today - able to sift through all the BS as easily. We were trying to survive. And for many of us, that meant buying in. But if you dared to complain, your ass was grass for the rest of your tenure. I kept my lips zipped and stayed under the radar. Anyone who didn't was quashed hard and fast.

I mean come on how hard is to believe, M? The whole of No Ko is brainwashed.
Plus, there was the whole practice of the compartmentalization of information. Even amongst staff. The do-gooder types at Hyde, who'd get attracted or talked into such a job based on their desire to "help kids" and "make a difference," would often be completely out of the loop as far as some of the more nefarious goings on were concerned. I imagine, most still are.

Sometimes, in cases of egregious abuse even beyond the pale of the systemic mindfuckery everyone was subjected to, Hyde would create its own version of events, squelch the exchange of information, and put out rumors disparaging the victim, e.g., that the event "never happened," and/or that the victim was exaggerating or "unstable." Folks wouldn't know what to believe.

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »
Uneffingbelievable, M. You know damn well no one could complain because staff just called you a liar and said that is why you were in the program. And mental and emotional abuse? Hard to prove. Plus, we were not who we are today - able to sift through all the BS as easily.  We were trying to survive. And for many of us, that meant buying in. But if you dared to complain, your ass was grass for the rest of your tenure. I kept my lips zipped and stayed under the radar. Anyone who didn't was quashed hard and fast.  

You are a parent. I don't say that because of your pro program sympathies. I say it because everything feels off about how you describe your experiences. Everything.

You say "we were trying to survive". How many kids did the program you were in actually kill? It sounds really dangerous the way you describe it, you sound lucky to be alive. I'm assuming the mortality rate was at least 50% then?

I didn't zip my lips or stay under the radar, I always said what I thought even if it made people angry, hey, sort of like fornits. But I was never "quashed hard and fast", and I was never abused mentally or emotionally or whatever people here call it. Just because I'm not willing to play the pity me, I'm a victim card like most posters here doesn't mean I didn't go to a program. It means that not everyone who goes to a supposedly abusive program (as described here) sees it that way. But if it makes people here feel better to assume I'm a program mother, knock yourself out. Denying reality seems to be integral to the fornits ideology, so I'm not surprised one bit.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2010, 11:47:45 AM »
You know they say that Max is a bad mother(shut your mouth)
Hey, I'm just talkin' about Max.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2010, 11:58:37 AM »
Uneffingbelievable, M. You know damn well no one could complain because staff just called you a liar and said that is why you were in the program. And mental and emotional abuse? Hard to prove. Plus, we were not who we are today - able to sift through all the BS as easily.  We were trying to survive. And for many of us, that meant buying in. But if you dared to complain, your ass was grass for the rest of your tenure. I kept my lips zipped and stayed under the radar. Anyone who didn't was quashed hard and fast.  

You are a parent. I don't say that because of your pro program sympathies. I say it because everything feels off about how you describe your experiences. Everything.
You say "we were trying to survive". How many kids did the program you were in actually kill? It sounds really dangerous the way you describe it, you sound lucky to be alive. I'm assuming the mortality rate was at least 50% then?

I didn't zip my lips or stay under the radar, I always said what I thought even if it made people angry, hey, sort of like fornits. But I was never "quashed hard and fast", and I was never abused mentally or emotionally or whatever people here call it. Just because I'm not willing to play the pity me, I'm a victim card like most posters here doesn't mean I didn't go to a program. It means that not everyone who goes to a supposedly abusive program (as described here) sees it that way. But if it makes people here feel better to assume I'm a program mother, knock yourself out. Denying reality seems to be integral to the fornits ideology, so I'm not surprised one bit.
To *my* mind, and I may very well be reading material into this that is not there, Samara is not just talking about physical survival, but emotional and psychological survival as well. And, yeah, a lot of kids did not make it as far as the latter is concerned.

One thing programs are particularly good at crippling, despite glowing marketing propaganda to the contrary, is even sub-ordinary development of kids' capacities for mercy and empathy. I would venture that you seem to have been especially hard hit in this general area.