Author Topic: Responsibility for Abuse in the Troubled Teen Industry  (Read 8756 times)

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Responsibility for Abuse in the Troubled Teen Industry
« on: September 23, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
Whooter wrote;
"If someone is raped in a McDonalds that doesn't make all McDonalds abusive. Do you see what I mean?"

That's a ridiculous comparison.  Mcdonalds is responsible to providing a safe eating enviorment.They spend plenty on security and insurance to cover thier asses. Even though thier menu is a little on the tough love side is another story!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
?©?€~¥@

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: ? is Abuse in the Troubled Teen Industry
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 07:56:04 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Whooter wrote;
"If someone is raped in a McDonalds that doesn't make all McDonalds abusive. Do you see what I mean?"

That's a ridiculous comparison.  Mcdonalds is responsible to providing a safe eating enviorment.They spend plenty on security and insurance to cover thier asses. Even though thier menu is a little on the tough love side is another story!

McDonalds spends very little on Security and their background checks are minimal.  How many times do you see security detail inside McDonalds.  Ronald isnt exactly a black belt.  You mention insurance,  they spend plenty on insurance to offset the lawsuits that are brought against them.  Paying high premiums doesnt equate to safety, None-ya, its just the opposite.

Offline Hedge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Whooter wrote;

McDonalds spends very little on Security and their background checks are minimal.  How many times do you see security detail inside McDonalds.  Ronald isnt exactly a black belt.  You mention insurance,  they spend plenty on insurance to offset the lawsuits that are brought against them.  Paying high premiums doesnt equate to safety, None-ya, its just the opposite.

McDonalds isn't in charge of providing adequate care and education to adolescents, however.

If I agree to petsit your dog, and then beat it or starve it, I am responsible for the harm done to that dog because I caused it directly.

If I agree to petsit your dog, and let my cousin beat it or starve it with my knowledge, I am responsible for the harm done to that dog because it was my responsibility to prevent it.

In that way, facilities are responsible for the abuse that goes on in them. I don't know how it could be more simple.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 10:29:19 PM »
Quote from: "Hedge"
If I agree to petsit your dog, and let my cousin beat it or starve it with my knowledge, I am responsible for the harm done to that dog because it was my responsibility to prevent it.

Very difficult to prove.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 02:35:09 PM »
Quote from: "Hedge"
Quote from: "Whooter"
Whooter wrote;

McDonalds isn't in charge of providing adequate care and education to adolescents, however.

If I agree to petsit your dog, and then beat it or starve it, I am responsible for the harm done to that dog because I caused it directly.

In that way, facilities are responsible for the abuse that goes on in them. I don't know how it could be more simple.

If you were beat and starved in a program, then call the cops. Tell them the staff member's name who beat you and starved you, and have them charged with aggravated assault on a minor. The punishment would likely involve jail time, wouldn't that be sweet justice? Oh but wait. The police ask for pesky things like evidence, witness statements, and corroboration. Shucks. Guess that's why nobody here calls the cops on all the "abuse" going on right now in programs across the country, right? Well, at least we have the internet, where we can say whatever we want, condemn whoever we want and nobody asks us for proof.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 02:38:22 PM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"

If you were beat and starved in a program, then call the cops. Tell them the staff member's name who beat you and starved you, and have them charged with aggravated assault on a minor.

The statute of limitations has run out in my case.  And most of these places don't provide access to a telephone or even a hotline to report abuse, as hospitals are required to. (Whooter thinks having an abuse hotline in programs is a bad idea because the hotline operator might talk dirty to the kids) Even if the kid does speak up, they're met with the same derisiveness that you spew out here.  That abuse didn't really happen, that it's just a disgruntled druggie kid, that the program was just trying to help etc.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 02:58:55 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
That abuse didn't really happen, that it's just a disgruntled druggie kid, that the program was just trying to help etc.
Good to know you're beginning to see things my way, Miss Bonney...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 04:29:01 PM »
Quote from: "Dr Fucktard"
That abuse didn't really happen, that it's just a disgruntled druggie kid, that the program was just trying to help etc.
Good to know you're beginning to see things my way, Miss Bonney...

:rofl:

Blow it out your cupola Virgil.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 04:41:35 PM »
The statute of limitations has run out in my case.  

Let me guess. The "mind control" is programmed to expire exactly after the statute of limitations of abuse, right? How devilishly clever of the programs.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 04:49:56 PM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"
The statute of limitations has run out in my case.  

Let me guess. The "mind control" is programmed to expire exactly after the statute of limitations of abuse, right? How devilishly clever of the programs.

Nah, it took me quite a bit longer. It's a shame too because 2 of the people I was in there with did sue for abuse and each won 6 figure judgments.  Judgments, not settlements.

Then Straight & Newton were closed because of all the abuse.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: Responsibility for Abuse in the Troubled Teen Industry
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 06:36:59 PM »
Please excuse me. Not wanting to disrupt the flow here, but I don't understand how I started this theead? No I did not.
The first post on here is me replying to whooter from another thread, That is now gone?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 06:46:42 PM »
Uneffingbelievable, M. You know damn well no one could complain because staff just called you a liar and said that is why you were in the program. And mental and emotional abuse? Hard to prove. Plus, we were not who we are today - able to sift through all the BS as easily.  We were trying to survive. And for many of us, that meant buying in. But if you dared to complain, your ass was grass for the rest of your tenure. I kept my lips zipped and stayed under the radar. Anyone who didn't was quashed hard and fast.  

I mean come on how hard is to believe, M? The whole of No Ko is brainwashed.

You are a parent. I don't say that because of your pro program sympathies. I say it because everything feels off about how you describe your experiences. Everything.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 06:56:36 PM »
Samara wrote;
"You are a parent. I don't say that because of your pro program sympathies. I say it because everything feels off about how you describe your experiences. Everything."

I'm glad to see that I'm  not the only one to see this.
Not only a parent, but sombody's MOTHER!
?©?€~¥@

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 07:05:25 PM »
I believe None-Ya, Froderik, Psy and others here are entirely correct in their analysis of the max/suckit situation.  She is most likely a program parent. I will operate under this assumption when replying to her posts from now on.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 07:42:35 PM »
[attachment=0:1js811g6]MAX.jpg[/attachment:1js811g6]
?©?€~¥@