Author Topic: Name One Good Program  (Read 8715 times)

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Re: Name One Good Program
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 04:27:11 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
We have shown that there are good and bad programs.

The key is to match a childs needs to a program in which he or she will be successful.  Even in the best program if the child digs in his/her heels and doesnt apply themselves then they will be unsuccessful and end up here on forints blaming the program and his/her parents for their lifes outcome and lost opportunities.

There are occasions where the child is mismatched and the program is not effective but this is typically noticed early on and the program recommends that the child leave the program and try a new approach.  The last thing a program wants is to have an unsuccessful child pass through their system.  Public school systems dont mind but programs depend on word of mouth to keep them growing.

Just admit you cant list any good ones and be done !!!

This is still dodging the questions... Names of good programs is what we want !!!

I dont think you will get much of a response here on fornits, Botched, and I dont think anyone wants to take the time to type out the 500 to 700 programs you are looking for.  An easier way is to name the handful that are mentioned here on fornits that have been shown to be ineffective.

Its like saying name all the high schools which did not experience mass murder (or multiple) killings.  Its easier to list Columbine high school and the few others then type out the thousands of schools which did not have a problem.  Do you see what I mean?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:35:08 PM by Joel »

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 04:48:28 PM »
Quote from: "Joel"
Whooter this thread is a useless waste of cyberspace.  I wouldn't participate in this thread if I were you.  If you do decide to participate in this thread, Botch should specify the specific problem.  Is Botch referring to eating disorders, addictions, etc?

Maybe my question is too simple for complicated minds.. Just name programs you youself approve or you think are good programs... Damn it is so simple

Joel

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 04:56:11 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:34:07 PM by Joel »

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 04:59:48 PM »
Sports programs.  > Highschool football, hockey, wrestling, soccer.   :roflmao:

Please ignor this childish attempt to dreail the topic... Now let's get back to the creation of the list of programs they can say are good .... So far one and it had bad stuff happen at it... lets have some more names of good programs guys and stick to the topic

Joel

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:32:32 PM by Joel »

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 05:03:17 PM »
Fulshear Ranch Academy

http://www.fulshearranchacademy.com

I was curious, so I took a quick peek at the website - and I must admit - they definately
seem to have their shit together.

Assuming that everything posted there is true, here are a few things I saw on Fulshear's website that I like:

1.) They are staffed with qualified and licensed therapists/professionals.  Big Plus that
the staff actually have real training & education!

2.) They have a written game plan (forgive me I don't know the techinical term)
with a plausible completion goal, including specific milestones towards acheiving
that final goal.  I like the fact that the majority of the program focuses on helping
the client live on their own outside from the main facility, but still offers whatever
support they might need.  Fulshear seems intent on keeping their clients part of
the outside world during their time there, rather than isolating them from it
(highly unlike most programs I know of).

3.) The clientel are between 18-24 years old, which suggests to me that participatation
in the program is strictly voluntary, and as such the participants can pull themselves out
and leave anytime they want to.  I feel that personal choice is the single greatest factor
of determining whether therapy works or not.  If you don't really want to get better, then
no amount of therapy can help you.  Enrollment in any program should be strictly voluntary
for the participant.

4.) The program seems highly individualized, with each person progressing at their
own pace.  Huge plus!  Everyone is different. Therapy should be individualized to
meet each clients specific needs.

5.) I didn't see any red-flagg buzz-words like "emotional growth", "behavior modifiction", "Raps", "life springs","dianetics", "profeet", "dead/insane/in jail", or
any of the other cult-inspired, money-scamming, bullshit terms posted anywhere.

Again this is all based on my assumption that the website is being truthful; however,
based on what I've read: Fulshear definately seems to be the polar opposite of my own personal program hellhole - Cedu!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:08:08 PM by Son Of Serbia »

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »
Fulshear Academy

Age range is 18-24... lets work on teen programs

Joel

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:31:56 PM by Joel »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »
Whooter this thread is a useless waste of cyberspace.  I wouldn't participate in this thread if I were you.  If you do decide to participate in this thread, Botch should specify the specific problem.  Is Botch referring to eating disorders, addictions, etc?

Maybe my question is too simple for complicated minds.. Just name programs you youself approve or you think are good programs... Damn it is so simple

All the programs are good, Botched.  I think this is the point you are missing.  There may be people who work for various programs who are bad and there may be programs which went bad over time, but I think we can all agree that programs are essentially good and are designed to help people.

I think one of the issues people have is they had a bad experience in a program and mistakenly think that everyone has the same experience they did which we all know is impossible.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 05:10:45 PM »
No, botch.  I asked you to specify you didn't want to.  You didn't specify that in your original topic.

Who the hell do you think you are trying to make rules on my thread ????

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »

All the programs are good, Botched.  I think this is the point you are missing.  There may be people who work for various programs who are bad and there may be programs which went bad over time, but I think we can all agree that programs are essentially good and are designed to help people.

I think one of the issues people have is they had a bad experience in a program and mistakenly think that everyone has the same experience they did which we all know is impossible.

I see the fact is you can not answer the question and give the names of the programs because you don't know any !!!!

Joel

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 05:16:17 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:31:27 PM by Joel »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 05:18:26 PM »

I see the fact is you can not answer the question and give the names of the programs because you don't know any !!!!

Well I did answer your question, Botched,  so we agree that all programs are good at the onset.  I think the next step should be to look at staff members.  I dont think the same can be said about them.  I am sure there are staff members who are less than good and their actions can give programs a bad name.

Joel

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 05:20:26 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:30:05 PM by Joel »