Author Topic: Country number 32 is about to be added to the wiki  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Country number 32 is about to be added to the wiki
« on: September 18, 2010, 04:28:07 AM »
It is sad that the reason for adding Indonesia to our wiki-database was the deaths of a number of students.

From the article Student Found Dead in Ciamis River After Running Away From Boarding School (Jakarta Globe):

The reasons why they ran away were still unclear. The school’s principal, Yaya Mulyana, told the press that they probably ran away because they did not like the boarding school’s regulation and discipline.

“They might not like living by the rules and discipline because when they still lived with their families, they were free to do whatever they want,” Yaya told Metro TV.

Several students are missing. Some are considered to have lost their lives as well. At least two 14 years old are among the missing.

Some of the comments:

trtsefakent 3:14am Apr 8, 2010
Hi everyone,
I wish you all good day, this site is really nice I would always follow this site. Help me a lot of time
data would be obtained from this site, or hope to. But I want you to know that this site is really good
Thanks a lot for the kind of perfect topic about this topic. It’s good to buy an essay about this good topic. Nice article, very helpful. Thanks...e okul .

padt 1:52pm Mar 5, 2010
Five students from one school have drowned and four are still missing, after they 'escaped' from a Islamic boarding school for men and boys with mental disabilities.
I presume there will be a government sponsored inquiry into this tradgedy to see what are the conditions in the school; what are the qualifications of the Principal and staff; who is responsible for duty of care; what exactly are the 'rules and discipline' the Principal cites as possible reasons why 15 mentally handicapped boys and men would react against.
By the way, schools are not places anyone 'escapes' from. Prisons are what you escape from. Journalistic slip? Or nearer to the truth?

Roland 12:01pm Mar 5, 2010
Quite suspicious that there have been already so many suicides and breakout attempts in this school. One thing which also bothers me is the statement of the principal who says that they probably did not like the regulations and discipline of this school. People with mental disadvantages cannot be treated in the same manner as "normal" people and need to be guided in a very subtle way. However, knowing how Indonesians in general treat mentally disabled people ( apart of physically disabled people - has anyone ever seen a disabled parking spot or specially designed elevators or ramps in any official building / mall? I haven't!) there is no real surprise in this issue. Probably this school has not even a specially trained psychologist but only rules, regulations and strict discipline (and given that it is a Islamic boarding school probably lots of compulsory prayers!)

Jeanne Hachette 11:30am Mar 5, 2010
Somebody needs to look seriously how this school is treating the students having a handicap. There is too many deaths already.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Country number 32 is about to be added to the wiki
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »
You should look at some of the Islamic boarding schools in Indonesia. I bet they have a hell of a body count.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »