Author Topic: The Perverted Walt Disney Empire  (Read 3957 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: The Perverted Walt Disney Empire
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »
I think the guy was probably trying to draw the tongue curling in on itself but messed up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 05:41:22 PM »
Thats what the artist himself claims. And I have to admit it is very possible. The image is taken from an old late 60's Gene Grey print :

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/a ... y-wildcats

I can't find a better image, but this can give you an idea. The cat is facing forward and "screaming". Trying to draw this in a logo form could result in the image we have seen. However it also affords one a fine excuse to have a little fun with it.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 11:49:36 AM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"
The only local debate was over the intent to depict anything other than the cat's tongue - was it on purpose that it looked so much like something else?

See....now I never would have even seen it if someone hadn't pointed it out.  And even then I was kinda like "meh, yeah....I guess it sorta looks like that".  I really think people are seeing/reading waaaayyyyy, WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY too much into this stuff.

Having once worked in an art department I would say it was intentional - as is all the stuff done at Disney.

"All" the stuff at Disney?  You "know" that from working once in an art department?  Was it a Disney art department?

A close family member is an artist and worked in that capacity for a major newspaper for over 40 years.  I asked him about all this stuff and he just shook his head and laughed.  He said that it might happen occasionally by some prankster, but no....it's not part and parcel to art departments.

There sure do seem to be a lot of conspiracies theories floating around lately.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 12:56:03 PM »
Well, I can't Prove All the Disney stuff is intentional - but I would say it is as a result of my personal experience and what I plainly see in Disney's studio's work.

Personally, I do feel something sort of creepy surrounds Disney. I guess I've felt suspicious of him in much the same way I might a cub scout leader who shows a bit to much interest in the cub scouts. It's a difficult thing to define just what it is that moves one from well intentioned roll model to a level of suspicious over involvement - but there is a line. The creepy uncle factor.  I always felt Disney was across the line and into creepy uncle territory. As a child, I liked the cartoons but didn't like him very much. I couldn't have said why then and I can't now, but there it is.  Consequently, it is easy for me to believe that he would attempt subliminal seduction and to sexualize children.  When I see images of naked ladies in the background window of the Rescuers, I am not surprised.  Phallic symbols in the art work don't surprise - and I do think it intentional - it doesn't even match the rest of the castle architecture.  Donald duck leering at children's crotches as they ride his doesn't surprise me. It all seems to fit the creepy uncle I've always felt he was.

But tiz all just my opinion.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 04:30:32 PM »
Well, I can't Prove All the Disney stuff is intentional - but I would say it is as a result of my personal experience and what I plainly see in Disney's studio's work.

What is the personal experience you're speaking of?  Did you work for Disney studios?

Personally, I do feel something sort of creepy surrounds Disney. I guess I've felt suspicious of him in much the same way I might a cub scout leader who shows a bit to much interest in the cub scouts. It's a difficult thing to define just what it is that moves one from well intentioned roll model to a level of suspicious over involvement - but there is a line. The creepy uncle factor.  I always felt Disney was across the line and into creepy uncle territory. As a child, I liked the cartoons but didn't like him very much. I couldn't have said why then and I can't now, but there it is.  Consequently, it is easy for me to believe that he would attempt subliminal seduction and to sexualize children.  When I see images of naked ladies in the background window of the Rescuers, I am not surprised.  Phallic symbols in the art work don't surprise - and I do think it intentional - it doesn't even match the rest of the castle architecture.  Donald duck leering at children's crotches as they ride his doesn't surprise me. It all seems to fit the creepy uncle I've always felt he was.

But tiz all just my opinion.

As a kid, all I knew of Disney was the movies.  I had no idea there actually was a "Walt" Disney.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 05:35:03 PM »
No, I didn't work for Disney. But lets use another situation for comparison. Lets say for example a person has a job on the staff of program # 1. They later hear allegations about program # 2, which they find credible due to what they saw occur in program # 1.

Walt Disney used to have a Sunday night show. He always came on and talked a bit as an introduction. But I think it was an interview I saw - must have been on an early version of 60 minutes - I remember it about like that - except it wasn't confrontational - so more like Prime Time maybe. Anyway, something about him bothered me and it has ever sense.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »
No, I didn't work for Disney. But lets use another situation for comparison. Lets say for example a person has a job on the staff of program # 1. They later hear allegations about program # 2, which they find credible due to what they saw occur in program # 1.

I hardly think that's an apt comparison and I think it was kind of a cheap shot to use it get your POV across.  

Walt Disney used to have a Sunday night show. He always came on and talked a bit as an introduction. But I think it was an interview I saw - must have been on an early version of 60 minutes - I remember it about like that - except it wasn't confrontational - so more like Prime Time maybe. Anyway, something about him bothered me and it has ever sense.

Ah, yes....I do remember that now.  Didn't know it was "Walt" back then though.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »
I hardly think that's an apt comparison and I think it was kind of a cheap shot to use it get your POV across.

I was just trying to find a similar situation we could both relate to. I certainly didn't intend it to be a shot of any sort - cheep or otherwise.  I'm sorry if it came across that way.