Poll

Do you ever give money to beggars?

Yes
4 (80%)
No
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: September 16, 2010, 04:47:22 PM

Author Topic: Do you give money to beggars?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
Do you give money to beggars?
« on: September 16, 2010, 04:47:22 PM »
There is this woman who stands by the gas station I fill up at, and holds up a sign asking for help. I've given her a dollar a couple of times. To be honest I don't really care to speculate or judge people who ask for money like this. I figure she has good enough reasons for standing out there like that, and asking for money, who am I to question it.

This one time a teenage kid came running up to me in a gas station, and I thought I was about to be robbed or something. But he starts explaining how he and his friend got stuck and need gas money to get home, and if I had any spare change. I reached in my car to grab a couple of quarters, but I also keep a 10 in my car if I run out of gas, and I gave them this 10 dollars. He was surprised and grateful for receiving it. Sure it could have been a con, but to be honest I don't really care if it was. At that point in time, they were in more need of the money than I was, so I gave it to them.

I don't give money to every person flying a sign on the side of the road, but I do give occasionally when I have it. I figure if I was in the position that I needed to do that, I would be very grateful for anyone who gives me some money.

How do you feel about the beggars asking for money? Do you ever give them some?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: Do you give money to beggars?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 04:58:56 PM »
"Do you give money to beggars?"

Occasionally.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:00:18 PM »
I have lived in many cities and I found out that if you walk to work or school everyday and encounter the same people asking you for money or cigarettes you cant give them money every day because if you stop or slow down with the amounts then they can become aggressive.  I was attacked once and threatened another time when I refused after being very generous for many months.

I still give money to people who need it on the street as long as I am not on my normal routine or walking route.

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
Only outside of liquor stores.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic