General Interest > Addiction Treatment Philosophy

New Forum

(1/2) > >>

psy:
I've added this forum so there's a dedicated, moderated, place where people can discuss addiction treatment philosophies and methods. If you want to discuss AA, Rational Recovery, SOS, SMART, ibogaine, the nature of addiction, etc... discuss it here.

Che Gookin:
works now dude. looks good.

Ursus:
Since this would be under the rubric of "Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform" (maybe controversially so), might it not be more appropriately located there, rather than under "General Interest?" Perhaps that's just my take on it...  :D

DannyB II:

--- Quote from: "psy" ---I've added this forum so there's a dedicated, moderated, place where people can discuss addiction treatment philosophies and methods. If you want to discuss AA, Rational Recovery, SOS, SMART, ibogaine, the nature of addiction, etc... discuss it here.
--- End quote ---

Thank You, long time coming but with everyones hard work we overcame the confusion.

Thanks,
Anne, Psy, Ginger, Max, Whooter, Che, FemFatal, Samara, Awake and others for making this happen. I am excited if no one else is. No not for the obvious, I have a millions questions surrounding AA/NA that I would never ask in a unmoderated Forum or in a AA group of people. I have seen enough of you folks to know you guys are serious about discussing your opinions of AA and other forms of self help. (or whatever it is called)
Special thanks to Anne and Max for your insightful posts.
Don't care who is moderating just that we have it is cool enough.

DannyB II:

--- Quote from: "psy" ---I've added this forum so there's a dedicated, moderated, place where people can discuss addiction treatment philosophies and methods. If you want to discuss AA, Rational Recovery, SOS, SMART, ibogaine, the nature of addiction, etc... discuss it here.
--- End quote ---

I do have a question though why is the MKP, James Ray not here or "opt in". This "opt in" feature feels very discriminatory, like eewww we don't want to confuse the populace. AA's principles are used extensively in the TC market, why do we feel the need to deny/look the other way on this.  Straight was built on AA's principles, Charles Dietrich (Synanon)fraternized with Bill Wilson concerning facilities. We could go on.
Yes, Psy, I am grateful but I would be remiss if I had not said this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version