Announcements & Tech Support > Web forum hosting

Definition Of A Sockpuppet

(1/5) > >>

psy:

--- Quote from: "ajax13" ---Psy already said you are a Sockpuppet.
--- End quote ---
No, I didn't.  I said quite the opposite, that "IslamIsViolent" and "Stonewall" were not the same people.

--- Quote ---a New York Times article claims that "sockpuppeting" is defined as "the act of creating a fake online identity to praise, defend or create the illusion of support for one's self, allies or company."[2]

The key difference between a sockpuppet and a regular pseudonym (sometimes termed an "alt" which is short for alternate, as in alternate identity) is the pretense that the puppet is a third party who is not affiliated with the puppeteer or acting under their control for their benefit.
--- End quote ---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)

ajax13:
No, you said that Islamisviolent uses another name on Fornits.  That, in my mindis a sockpuppet.  If you don't like it, but all means embrace your opinion with all your heart.

psy:

--- Quote from: "ajax13" ---No, you said that Islamisviolent uses another name on Fornits.  That, in my mindis a sockpuppet.  If you don't like it, but all means embrace your opinion with all your heart.
--- End quote ---
I did say that, but he doesn't fit the definition of a sock-puppet.  The account is not used to deceive...  merely to maintain privacy.  See my previous post.

ajax13:
I don't agree with your assessment.  As the posts of Islamisviolent are, in my opinion, bigoted and hate-fuelled, I very firmly belief that the use of another user-name constitutes sock-puppetry.  But I suppose it will have to be left to your Solomon-like judgement, clearly demonstrated in your phony claim that I was accusing posters of being secret agent jews.

psy:

--- Quote from: "ajax13" ---I don't agree with your assessment.  As the posts of Islamisviolent are, in my opinion, bigoted and hate-fuelled, I very firmly belief that the use of another user-name constitutes sock-puppetry.
--- End quote ---

Well. You can take it up on wikipedia's discussions page and with the sources they site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version