Author Topic: Working Your Program  (Read 1936 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Working Your Program
« on: September 11, 2010, 02:48:13 PM »
"When it suited him back then, Goldberg made the exact opposite claim, literally, of the one he makes today.  Back then, Goldberg wouldn't possibly claim what he claims now -- that the 1981 strike permanently halted Saddam's "nuclear ambitions" -- because, back then, his goal was to scare Americans about The Threat of Saddam.  So in 2002, Goldberg warned Americans that Saddam had "redoubled" his efforts to turn Iraq into a nuclear power after the Israeli attack, i.e., that Saddam had a scarier nuclear program than ever before after the 1981 bombing raid.  But now, Goldberg has a different goal:  to convince Americans of the efficacy of bombing Iran, and thus, without batting an eye, he simply asserts the exact opposite factual premise:  that the Israelis successfully and permanently ended Saddam's nuclear ambition back in 1981 by bombing it out of existence (and, therefore, we can do something similar now to Iran)."
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn ... 2/goldberg
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Working Your Program
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 04:39:37 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
"When it suited him back then, Goldberg made the exact opposite claim, literally, of the one he makes today.  Back then, Goldberg wouldn't possibly claim what he claims now -- that the 1981 strike permanently halted Saddam's "nuclear ambitions" -- because, back then, his goal was to scare Americans about The Threat of Saddam.  So in 2002, Goldberg warned Americans that Saddam had "redoubled" his efforts to turn Iraq into a nuclear power after the Israeli attack, i.e., that Saddam had a scarier nuclear program than ever before after the 1981 bombing raid.  But now, Goldberg has a different goal:  to convince Americans of the efficacy of bombing Iran, and thus, without batting an eye, he simply asserts the exact opposite factual premise:  that the Israelis successfully and permanently ended Saddam's nuclear ambition back in 1981 by bombing it out of existence (and, therefore, we can do something similar now to Iran)."
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn ... 2/goldberg
Ajax.  Deceptively labeling threads is unacceptable.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »
Again, it is my firm belief that the behaviour described in the post is the same phenomenon observed in the TTI.  It's not intended to decieve, and your zeal to label the title as deceptive, a highly problematic judgemen, says something about who you are.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

Canadian West."

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 04:59:21 PM »
Again, it is my firm belief that the behaviour described in the post is the same phenomenon observed in the TTI.  It's not intended to decieve, and your zeal to label the title as deceptive, a highly problematic judgemen, says something about who you are.
When the thread title is one thing and the content is another, it's unacceptable. This is not subjective. The title relates to a program phrase "Working Your Program" and the linked article about Israel has absolutely nothing at all to do with it. Rename the thread to a more appropriate title please.

I'm giving you a warning now.  Cut it out or post in OFFA.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 05:05:38 PM »
Again, I firmly believe that the tactics are identical.  As I believe that the TTI occupies a place in the general phenomon of fascism, and propaganda is central to that phenomenon, the thread title is used to demonstrate the identical nature.  So again, your assessment is that the title is deceptive, whereas mine is that it is not.  But you have determined to impose your highly questionable opinion as as the determinant.

Canadian West."

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 05:09:23 PM »
It's the final decision.  Change the title, or get your thread moved to OFFA.  Continue after that and get a warning.  Continue after that and get banned.  I'm very serious about enforcing the rules no matter who is the offender.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 05:11:15 PM »
Go fuck yourself, you reactionary little puke.

Canadian West."

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 05:12:19 PM »
Go fuck yourself, you reactionary little puke.

This.

What the hell happened to Fornits?

Did someone find a way to blackmail Psy and Ginger simultaneously, and if so, how can I blackmail them harder in the other direction?
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 05:56:12 PM »
Again, I firmly believe that the tactics are identical.  As I believe that the TTI occupies a place in the general phenomon of fascism, and propaganda is central to that phenomenon, the thread title is used to demonstrate the identical nature.  So again, your assessment is that the title is deceptive, whereas mine is that it is not.  But you have determined to impose your highly questionable opinion as as the determinant.
IMO, with all due respect (and attempting to tread lightly), Ajax has a good point here. Especially considering that therapeutic communities evolved directly out of thought reform modalities ... developed as an integral part of war.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »
Sure.  And I agree with Ajax that an analogy can be drawn.  The title is still misleading, however.  I clicked on the "in your head" related thread expecting a discusion about anti-intellectualism in programs and the usage of the term.  Same with "Working Your Program",  He could have simply edited the title with a prefix: "Israel: working your program".  Additionally, there is no text in the OP to draw an analogy. He might have clarified (or made something up) later, but it's stretching it too far at that point.

I'm not trying to be a nazi but I can't really make exceptions for people i like.  As soon as I start letting Ajax do it, all of a sudden we're having penis enlargement or gay sex threads with TTI Titles (which has happened, as you well know).

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
:shamrock:  :shamrock:

me grubbers and kibbled baugh deblaugh!