Author Topic: Not only the number of "students" are low at CSA  (Read 6471 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Not only the number of "students" are low at CSA
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "DannyB II"
How about just do the same thing to him, that he does to his horses. Tie him to a post where he can not get away and let him starve to near death.
Watch it now.  You're talking about the same guy who Maximilian swears saved his life.  The Lichfields just love kids.

Sorry Max.  Couldn't resist.

I never met this person the article is talking about. The people who worked at the program were just regular people, the kind of people who will never get articles written about them. They were doing a job and it seemed liked they cared about the kids, I don't know anything about this guy other than this article. Of course I don't agree with animal abuse, or child abuse. I've said this many times before.

The Litchfields (owners of WWASPS) are experts at child and animal abuse.  Not sure how you could have missed at least one of those traits while at a WWASPS program.  Damn near every one of 'em was shuttered for abuse and neglect of children.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline thomasC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 10:30:49 AM »
Courts could seize property, animals at abandoned facility for troubled youth

By ST. CLAIRE DONAGHY/ [email protected]
Friday, September 10, 2010 7:10 PM EDT

DONALDS -- There is a possibility a civil matter between the owner of dozens of animals reported abandoned at a former facility for troubled youth and a landowner could result in the animals and other personal property being seized by the courts and sold at public auction to satisfy alleged debts.

Abbeville County Magistrate’s Court documents show plaintiff/landlord Ron Cooley, of Honea Path, filed an application and affidavit with the court stating defendant Narvin B. Lichfield owes delinquent rent totaling $21,000. Cooley’s affidavit, sworn before a notary public Aug. 23, states he owns the property at 86 Greenacres Lane, Donalds, and that Lichfield has been leasing the property for approximately nine years.

Attempts to reach Lichfield at a telephone number with a northern Utah area code Friday were unsuccessful. An automated message indicated the number was not accepting calls.

Cooley’s affidavit goes on to state “the electricity has been turned off since the end of June 2010. The property has been all but abandoned. I am asking the Court to allow me to seize some of his personal property left at the property to pay part of what is owed to me and to have him legally removed from the property.”

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 10:46:29 AM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
Food supplies for the animals at the farm-like campus are low too.

From: Rescue Groups Claim Dozens of Animals Abandoned in Donalds, WSPA

Abbeville County, S.C. -- Joe Mann has been rescuing animals since he was a little boy. He's devoted his life savings to his ranch, Big Oaks Rescue Farm in Greenwood.

"I've spent close to $400,000 out here," said Mann.

Mann claimed on August 10th he learned of dozens of animals had been abandoned at a private residential group care organization for children. That facility closed in June, according to the South Carolina Department of Social Services.

Mann said the owner of the animals is Narvin Lichfield. He said in August Lichfield told him he could take home two colts, and seven horses.

"He was the first one I had permission to remove from Narvin Lichfield," said Mann.

Mann said he also rescued more than 50 sheep who were in bad shape.

"There is nothing but bone," said Mann as he rubbed his hand over the back of one of the sheep. "When we found them three couldn't even run."

We weren't able to get permission from the owner to step on the property, but Mann said it is a virtual graveyard.

"Nobody was left to take care of them," Mann said.

"It looks like the elephant graveyard where they go off to die," said the Executive Director of the Greenwood Humane Society, Karen Pettay. "It looks like animals just dropped right there."

Pettay said she helped Mann search the property for any other survivors. Pettay claimed Lichfield even showed up and acted like nothing was wrong.

"It was as if he was looking at a healthy bunch of animals and didn't know what the problem was," said Pettay.

Mann and Pettay said pictures they took on the property tell an entirely different story. They say thee have pictures of the carcasses of animals they believe recently have starved to death.

The most heartbreaking case, said Mann and Pettay, a colt that passed away just after being rescued.

"(The mare) had nothing to eat that would allow her to produce milk," Mann said.

"It's something we all stood back with tears in our eyes," Pettay said. "You saw her try to clean and wake it up and she started tapping it with her hoof."

The Abbeville County Sheriff's office said they have been visiting the property every week since June 30th following an unrelated report of stolen cattle. They claimed the animals appeared to have enough food and water.

Mann and Pettay aren't buying it.

"I was in shock at how these animals must have died," Pettay said. "It's a man made disaster."

We tried to contact Narvin Lichfield by phone and e-mail but he has not returned our calls.

According to the South Carolina Code of Laws, abandonment of animals is against the law. It is a misdemeanor crime with penalties of up to a $500 fine or 30 days in jail or both.

It seems that he treats the animals on the campus like the kids. The only difference is that the animals don't have to participate in therapy. We did support WSPA before we learned of this. I urge people to send a couple of cents directly to the farm where the animals are cared for now or to WSPA. You know where they came from. They deserve a better life.

Pretty much how he acts when he gets caught abusing kids.  "What??  Should I not have done that??  Was that wrong??"

Posted by eddiebar2006 on Sept. 8, 2010 - 11 p.m.
            Yeah sadbuttrue. About the time he started shipping kids to that place in Jamaica is when I got out of working for him. I wasnt having any part of that and then some other abuse allegations came up and he and his partner tried to get me to falsify documents to keep them out of trouble. I flat refused and would not lie for them. I was really shocked that they even suggested it. i cut my ties very soon thereafter and hope they get a good dose of justice on this one,.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 10:49:34 AM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"
Quote from: "DannyB II"
How about just do the same thing to him, that he does to his horses. Tie him to a post where he can not get away and let him starve to near death.
Watch it now.  You're talking about the same guy who Maximilian swears saved his life.  The Lichfields just love kids.

Sorry Max.  Couldn't resist.

I never met this person the article is talking about. The people who worked at the program were just regular people, the kind of people who will never get articles written about them. They were doing a job and it seemed liked they cared about the kids, I don't know anything about this guy other than this article. Of course I don't agree with animal abuse, or child abuse. I've said this many times before.
And yet it seems the "regular people" who worked at CSA didn't lift a finger to help those animals.  All it would have taken is a phone call to the state.  Like Milton noted, the vast majority of people will inflict pain on others if an authority figure says it's ok.  If there were bones around the property it would seem as if this sort of thing was not merely neglect after the shutdown of the school, but systemic even when the place was still open.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 10:55:18 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
WTF is wrong with these people?  Didn't this exact thing happen with the Sudweeks and the Whitmore Academy?

Yup. And it also happened at the Sudweeks farm in Canada.  Amazing how similar WWASP schools are to the ones Sue Scheff markets as "safe" alternatives.  I wonder if this sort of thing is inevitable when you invite "equine therapy" into the industry.  I mean, if people abuse kids for a living, why expect them to treat horses or dogs any better.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 10:59:49 AM »
They might have tried to report it Psy.

I once worked in a pet shop that closed it's doors and left the animals inside to die. Me and another employee called every agency we could reporting it but nothing was done until the stink got bad enough that Mall customers where complaining.

And it says in that first article the cops where on the grounds but reported nothing amiss.

I'd say look close at whose got fat pockets and you'll know who to blame for the lack of interest.

Yup. And it also happened at the Sudweeks farm in Canada. Amazing how similar WWASP schools are to the ones Sue Scheff markets as "safe" alternatives. I wonder if this sort of thing is inevitable when you invite "equine therapy" into the industry. I mean, if people abuse kids for a living, why expect them to treat horses or dogs any better.

Yep.

And don't forget the reports of animal cruelty at Majestic Ranch and Steve Fredricson's little dog being thrown off a cliff.

Just awful.

Offline thomasC

• View Profile

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Stanley Milgram
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 11:13:25 AM »
...the vast majority of people will inflict pain on others if an authority figure says it's ok.
See also (amongst many other threads of this ilk):

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »

Offline thomasC

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 11:22:28 AM »
Prosecutor ask SLED help in animal cruelty case

Eighth Judicial Circuit Solicitor Jerry Peace called SLED’s Piedmont District field office last week in connection with the starving horses and sheep that were rescued in August from a 450-acre tract near Due West in Abbeville County.

A number of decomposing livestock carcasses also were found on the property and Peace said he is hoping that SLED can provide a forensic veterinarian to investigate the case.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Rescued Animals in Abbeville County Could Be Seized...
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 12:32:50 PM »
An older article that we missed, which provides some info/insight as to the nature of the dispute between Ron Cooley and Narvin Lichfield:

WSPA.com
Rescued Animals in Abbeville County Could Be Seized To Satisfy Debt

By Dianne Derby
Published: September 15, 2010

Dozens of animals rescued from a farm in Abbeville County could be taken back to pay off a $21,000 debt owed to the landlord.

Last week the Greenwood Humane Society told us the animals were left at a property on in Abbeville County. (Click here to watch story). Big Oaks Rescue Farm in Greenwood and the Greenwood Humane Society took pictures of animal carcasses on the property, saying the animals starved to death.

7 On Your Side has learned the landlord, Ron Cooley, has filed an application and affidavit with the Abbeville County Magistrate Court to get back $21,000 dollars in rent he claimed is owed to him from Narvin Lichfield. Lichfield is the man the Greenwood Humane Society says owns the animals.

Lichfield had until 5 p.m. Wednesday, September 15th to ask for a hearing but the court had not received any response by close of business that day.

The Abbeville County Chief Magistrate Judge, G.T. Ferguson, said it may be a couple more days before any decision is made by the landlord about how he wants to proceed. News Channel 7 will continue to follow the court proceedings.

WSPA    ©2010 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC.

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 02:20:12 PM »
Why is it that so many cruel, sick fucks end up running programs?  It's a common thread.
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 03:40:48 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Why is it that so many cruel, sick fucks end up running programs?  It's a common thread.
To be fair, I think some folks get into this binnis with the best of intentions. However, those folks don't last, or they change... Having so much control over other individuals, let alone adolescents, well... 'nuff said.

I do think it attracts narcissistic megalomaniacs, though, when it comes to the "founder" category!  :twofinger:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Attorneys say they have settled dispute over land...
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 10:24:19 PM »
Continuing coverage of the dispute between Ron Cooley and Narvin Lichfield:

Anderson Independent Mail
Posted September 16, 2010 at 7:18 p.m.

Attorneys say they have settled dispute over land where animals were rescued

ABBEVILLE COUNTY — Attorneys say they have settled a legal dispute involving a 450-acre tract in Abbeville County where dozens of starving animals were rescued last month.

Joe Mann, who spearheaded the rescue of eight horses and 40 sheep from the property, said he is relieved that the case's resolution will not affect his efforts to restore the animals' health. Mann is president of the Greenwood County Humane Society's board of directors, He said numerous people have contacted him about adopting the horses and sheep that he rescued.

"This is the worst case of animal abuse I've ever been involved in," said Mann, who photographed the decomposing corpses of cattle, horses and sheep when he first visited the property last month.

Mann said he was concerned that the fate of the animals that were rescued would become entangled in the dispute between Ron Cooley and Narvin Lichfield, who has been identified as the owner of the malnourished livestock. Cooley said in court documents filed in Abbeville County that Lichfield owed him $21,000 in past-due rent.

Attorneys for both men confirmed Thursday that the case has been settled.

Cooley said Thursday that Lichfield has agreed to repay him. He also said he has no interest in taking possession of the animals that were found on the property.

© 2010 Anderson Independent Mail.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 04:06:14 AM »
my pops died in 86. He was an Irish immigrant,and functionally illiterae. However ,he once told me that the only way you could reall judge a man, was by how he treated his horse...was he wrong?
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad