Author Topic: Think about this-450 kids times $4000.00 a month  (Read 3874 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Think about this-450 kids times $4000.00 a month
« on: September 30, 2003, 08:48:00 PM »
Someone said that Spring Creek Lodge has about 450 kids.  Not only is this bizarre if it is true, it is a cash cow blow out! $1.8 MILLION A MONTH!!!!!  Pleeeezzzzeeeeee! This is only one of the programs, does anyone have the numbers on the other? What I would liek to know also is does SCL have the quota for employees to meet this number of kids? What parent would place there kid in a group of over 400 kids? Talk about an assembly line and cookie cutter program. With or without abuse, it is insane to think your kids can get help with that many others.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 11:56:00 PM »
Not that it makes a HUGE difference, but Spring Creek Lodge is $2900 a month.  If they do indeed have 400 kids, they aren't all running around in a big crowd out of control.  They have their groups, I think I saw Melissa mention the name of her "family" - After all these years, they can handle it...it would just be a matter of hiring enough staff.

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 02:46:00 AM »
Whats far more interesting is that one of former program directors stated publicly that he sent 80% of the revenue to WWASP. That means those kids are being supervised, fed, clothed, and "treated" on $580 a month. Any professional in mental health can tell you that it costs at the minimum more than twice that amount to actually treat someone in a residential setting. Decent food, electricity, and running water alone would cost that much.  

WWASP just pockets the money and if your kid lives through it is only by luck because when they get sick at the program they are denied medical care and little problems like sanitation become big problems when you have 500 people swimming in the same shit.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »
Are you talking about Amberley Knight, the former director of Dundee that didn't know her ass from a hole in the ground and instead of being fired, chose to quit before the heat burned her ass?  Yeah, right, I'd believe anything she says!! NOT! that came from one of those newspaper articles, right?

Offline MelissaR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 04:09:00 PM »
There are now 500+ kids at SCL. There are about 20 lower level male and female families, and they are supervised 'round the clock, shuffled in and out of classrooms, cafeteria, etc. The facility at Spring Creek is just not large enough to accomodate that many kids. They had to move all the upper level students off the facility and bus them in each day. When I was on the upper levels I lived in a house about 20 minutes away from the facility at one point. Since there are so many kids, the majority of time is spent walking to and from places, "orderly", sitting in class, standing in line to eat.... it cuts into nearly 2/3 of mealtimes, and 1/3 of classtimes....and then a good portion of the time in class you're being hounded and harassed by the "teachers". It's incredibly difficult to get any work done. Kids have to sit on the floor, there aren't ever enough chairs, food runs out and you get whatever scraps are in the kitchen if you're "last lunch," there is never enough toilet paper, and the place is always filthy, laundry gets bumped back weeks and weeks, so you're without clean uniforms, but worry not, they still find all the time in the world to pick, prod, discipline, manipulate, consequent, etc.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 05:17:00 PM »
Its crazy parents would pay so much for their child to be imprisoned on about 2 acres of land in a program that has a history of abuse. All I can say is: SELLFISH.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 05:51:00 PM »
The parents are not crazy, they were desperate and lied to. And I am certain that SCL is more then $2900.00 a month. Either way, it is in the millions. I have to believe parents thought they were getting help, sure some may just want to get rid of the kids but many wanted help. So many borrowed there 401K, IRA's loans etc, not all rich people, if they just wanted to dump a kid, give them to the state. No, most of these parents really thougth they were helping.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 08:07:00 PM »
For the majority of the parents and teens (families) it does help and they weren't lied to by whoever you think lied to them besides their child. http://www.wwasprebuttal.com - I read it and I'm crazy enough to believe it, just like I'm crazy enough to believe the http://www.purerebuttal.com site.  I do not believe Ryan Fraidenberg, Ashley from Tx that was on Inside Edition, and only 10% of what I read in the newspapers.  I believe the graduates of the schools, they are the results of self-commitment to change their lives.  Funny, they didn't get where they are FOR their parents, they did it for themselves.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2003, 08:25:00 PM »
FOOD FOR THOUGHT - If WWASPS was so wonderful, why wwasprebuttal? why would there be 2 BIG lawfirms (masrey and vititoe and huron law group) willing to represent the victims of WWASPS on a contingency? becasue they think they would lose? NOT.  If you had great results from WWASPS that is great, but what about all these victims? Do you actually condone the abuse? Oh, you think they are lying? the truth will come out in court and these victims will be heard. So go ahead and sing your praises of WWASPS, becasue if they were so great, you wouldnt have to be defendign them so boldly.  I have never seen any other schools hire PR firms, create websites to discredit truths etc.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2003, 08:32:00 PM »
Or you wouldn't be trying to discredit "THEM" so much more boldly, don't ya think?  Every RTC, BM, etc., has the same allegations, some true, some not.  They're ALL bad and the parents should keep it within the family, never get help outside in this form.  Period.  No one program is better than another. Period.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2003, 09:34:00 PM »
To get back to the original premise of this thread...

Casa by the Sea costs $1990 a month.  Add to this the huge initiation fees, which means you pay more than $5000 the first time to get your kid going.  Additional costs are $95 a month for personal items (like soap, shampoo, things that should be covered by $2 Grand a month), a "personal allowance fund" (required) of $100 a month, which usually gets eaten up by consequences and infractions, unconsciounably-inflated medical fees of up to 5 times the costs of US office visits, with an additional $75 transportation fee to take your kid the 3 miles into Ensenada (if you can get your kid to a doctor, dentist, or orthodontist at all), laundry and uniform fees (shouldn't this be included for $3K a month?) and any other incidental fees they may be able to "make up".  Add to this the long-distance calls; all calls (if there are any) from child to parent are collect...at exhorbitant operator-assisted international rates.  If a parent tries to call on their appointed day, the Family Rep is frequently/usually not available, requiring several other attempts.  [Each completed call, even to a machine, constitutes an international long-distance call.] A parent can usually expect to shell out between $2500 and $3000 or much more per month for the "greater value, due to the foreign location" Mexican variation of WWASPS.

Multiply that by the 570 kids that were there 2 months ago.  That is equal to (at the $2500 average) $1.425 Million.  At the high end, $3000, that is $1.71 Million.  The percentage going to Utah????  Purported to be 75% from foreign locations, this equals 1.07 MILLION DOLLARS per month, just from this one location.

The impact of these fees depends on who the parents are.  If they have their accountant make out the checks, so what?  If they are making payments on a second mortgage on a house they hoped to pay off by retirement and now face payments until they, the parents, are 87 years old...that is something else.  Hey, it's their choice, and they think somehow that this phantom stranger with underpaid, untrained, downright dangerous and sadistic employees will fix what they, the parents, cannot...then caveat emptor (i.e., tough shit).

Obviously, there should be some of those fees directed to therapists, etc., but in Mexico, it costs $950 for a preliminary placement interview with Dr. Chappius, and any additonal time with him is charged at $150 an hour (often charged; seldom really materializes). Chappius apparently spends 2 weeks a month at TB, leaving 2 more weeks a month to travel and attend to all the other 1500 or so kids at other WWASPS facilities.  Three and a half minutes of quality psychiatric time...that'll fix everything.  

These Utah guys have a lot at stake.  Be careful.  They obviously know how to play hardball.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2003, 09:45:00 PM »
Wow, that is a chunk of change, even for the more affluent families.  Do school districts pay for these schools under the provisions of the IDEA act like some of the other emotional growth boarding schools (e.g. Elan)?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2003, 09:49:00 PM »
What do you mean "be careful ... "these guys obviously know how to play hardball"?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2003, 10:09:00 PM »
Anon,

Get in line behind the rest of us SUCKERS. You keep telling youreself that all is ok sister.How great WWASP is. One day it WILL bite you in the ass.

Get real. Graduates.? Pleeese.

The poor kids! They are afraid to be sent back under the warranty.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2003, 10:36:00 PM »
Being afraid to be sent back?  I would think that's a good thing - stay clean, out of trouble, then they wouldn't be sent back.  No one sends their kid back for normal teenage stuff, do they?