Author Topic: Considering full moderation  (Read 17595 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Considering full moderation
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 02:20:05 PM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"
The moderated forums on fornits are a lot slower than the two unmoderated TTI and Open Free For All forums, I think there is a reason for that. I think that is also a preview of what the entire forum will look like eventually, traffic wise if the full moderation plan is implemented. The idea that people need to be protected at the cost of freedoms is an old argument, and never produces the intended results.

It seems that it's because there were a lot of you guys posing as program vets or program parents in an attempt to counter what the real survivors and parents were saying.   Y'all were caught, plain and simple and now you're whining because you won't be able to do it anymore.

I've always been one who has not wanted a moderated forum, but this has gotten ridiculous and it was never a problem until you guys showed up and started your bullshit propaganda game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 02:20:36 PM »
:bs:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:14:49 PM by Maximilian »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 02:21:34 PM »
Quote from: "Watchful Yeoman"
Even after being banned, they are somehow "unbanned" and again turned loose to continue to destroy what this forum once was.

It's damn near impossible to actually ban someone.  They just get around it with proxies etc.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
It seems that it's because there were a lot of you guys posing as program vets or program parents in an attempt to counter what the real survivors and parents were saying.   Y'all were caught, plain and simple and now you're whining because you won't be able to do it anymore.

I've always been one who has not wanted a moderated forum, but this has gotten ridiculous and it was never a problem until you guys showed up and started your bullshit propaganda game.

Well I went to a program that has it's own subforum here, I'm not fake. But if enough people accuse me of this, will I be burned at the digital stake and banned for life? How many people must agree, for me to be deemed fake? Will I be required to offer up proof somehow, perhaps with a picture of myself in the program and a copy of my drivers license? These are questions that will have to be answered in the new moderated forum. Taking power away from people to make their own decision has all sorts of mess consequences, we are about to see them displayed on this forum.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 02:28:04 PM »

Well I went to a program that has it's own subforum here, I'm not fake.

Which one was that?

But if enough people accuse me of this, will I be burned at the digital stake and banned for life? How many people must agree, for me to be deemed fake? Will I be required to offer up proof somehow, perhaps with a picture of myself in the program and a copy of my drivers license? These are questions that will have to be answered in the new moderated forum. Taking power away from people to make their own decision has all sorts of mess consequences, we are about to see them displayed on this forum.

I'm not accusing you of being fake, if you truly did go to a WWASP program, fine.  Which one was it, btw?   I am accusing you of starting a bogus blackmail scheme intended to discredit Fornits.

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 02:35:15 PM »
The moderated forums on fornits are a lot slower than the two unmoderated TTI and Open Free For All forums, I think there is a reason for that. I think that is also a preview of what the entire forum will look like eventually, traffic wise if the full moderation plan is implemented. The idea that people need to be protected at the cost of freedoms is an old argument, and never produces the intended results.

Those people are still going to continue doing just that, Anne, only now if you call them on it and "out" them, you'll be "disciplined" and not they.  I can see the future.  And it's a Fornits dominated by "pro-program special interests" fighting a proxy war using the moderators as their footsoldiers against the victims of the parent-choice treatment industry.

This move will give the fakes/phonys apparent legitimacy and suppress dissent/pushback against their proseltyzing for programs.

Let's be honest, shall we?  The moderators failed in their duties continuously in regard to enforcing what little policy Fornits does currently have.  What leads you to believe they'll do better with a few more rules or a new "constitution"?  Unless they change their own visceral constitution, all will remain the same.
"The ricketty and scrofulous little wretch who first sees the light in a work-house, or in a brothel, and who feels the effects of alcohol before the effects of vital air, is not equal in any respect to the ruddy offspring of the honest yeoman; nay, I will go further, and say that a prince, provided he is no better born than royal blood will make him, is not equal to the healthy son of a peasant." [/i]

-John Randolph

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 02:37:59 PM »

Those people are still going to continue doing just that, Anne, only now if you call them on it and "out" them, you'll be "disciplined" and not they.  I can see the future.  And it's a Fornits dominated by "pro-program special interests" fighting a proxy war using the moderators as their footsoldiers against the victims of the parent-choice treatment industry.

This move will give the fakes/phonys apparent legitimacy and suppress dissent/pushback against their proseltyzing for programs.

Let's be honest, shall we?  The moderators failed in their duties continuously in regard to enforcing what little policy Fornits does currently have.  What leads you to believe they'll do better with a few more rules or a new "constitution"?  Unless they change their own visceral constitution, all will remain the same.

You could be right....I honestly don't know.  But I'm willing to at least give this a try (not that it's up to me).  If it doesn't work and ends up as you're saying, we can always go back to unmoderated, no?

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 02:42:22 PM »
Quote from: "SEKTO"
Fornits has turned into a bunch of bullshit because nobody ever does anything about the trolls and drama whores.

Good point, SEKTO, but the same people who failed to do anything about the trolls before will now also be doing the "moderation" of the forums.  

Fornits has policies in place to deal with the trolls but those policies have been strictly uninforced by the site admin despite many complaints about spamming, flooding, derailing, etc.  Making new policies that won't be properly enforced isn't going to solve the problem.  The problem is lack of enforcement, not lack of policy.

Look at some of the biggest offenders and observe the admin's complete inaction regarding them.  Even after being banned, they are somehow "unbanned" and again turned loose to continue to destroy what this forum once was.

Then I will volunteer to help do the moderating, myself.

And I'll help to strictly enforce the rules and policies, too.  

Somebody being stupid will get a couple of warnings, and if they still want to fool around, then they get banned permanently by IP.  Period.  Very simple.

I can think of a couple of people who I'd ban right right this moment, if it were up to me.

And all the crap, off-topic postings will get deleted immediately, too.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 02:53:47 PM »
I hope I am wrong but this move seems destined to fail if the goal is to increase posters here. Although there is always room for improvement I just dont see whats so broken here. Oftentimes the "petty vendettas" and "sockpuppetry" is quite humorous. Those that might get turned off by it probably would find something else to get offended about anyway. My 2 cents.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 02:58:43 PM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
I hope I am wrong but this move seems destined to fail if the goal is to increase posters here. Although there is always room for improvement I just dont see whats so broken here. Oftentimes the "petty vendettas" and "sockpuppetry" is quite humorous. Those that might get turned off by it probably would find something else to get offended about anyway. My 2 cents.

I quite enjoy the humorous 'sockpuppets', always have - but the fake program vets & parents are what get to me.

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 03:00:33 PM »

You could be right....I honestly don't know.  But I'm willing to at least give this a try (not that it's up to me).  If it doesn't work and ends up as you're saying, we can always go back to unmoderated, no?

I suppose we could, yes.  However, the entire problem could be solved by simply banning, right now, the biggest offenders adept at derailing, spamming, flooding, sockpuppetry.  I think you know who they are, no?
"The ricketty and scrofulous little wretch who first sees the light in a work-house, or in a brothel, and who feels the effects of alcohol before the effects of vital air, is not equal in any respect to the ruddy offspring of the honest yeoman; nay, I will go further, and say that a prince, provided he is no better born than royal blood will make him, is not equal to the healthy son of a peasant." [/i]

-John Randolph

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »

I suppose we could, yes.  However, the entire problem could be solved by simply banning, right now, the biggest offenders adept at derailing, spamming, flooding, sockpuppetry.  I think you know who they are, no?

How?  I've been told (I'm not knowledgeable about this stuff) that it's pretty near impossible.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »
The problem is lack of enforcement, not lack of policy.
I disagree.  Before there was no policy to enforce.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 03:11:40 PM »
How? I've been told (I'm not knowledgeable about this stuff) that it's pretty near impossible.

I'm guessing that the way the mods would choose to do this is by banning a particular IP address.  Yes, that will allow these reporobates to continue to post via proxy.  However, once they are detected, they are re-banned and all of their posts are removed.  This is a process, not an event.  But, think about it, if you had to go through all of the trouble to create a new username and post by proxy and each time you were detected all of your posts were removed, how long would you keep at it before you decided not to waste your time anymore?

This could be easily done for the few persistent trolls we now have here and it should be done straight away.  Simply banning one troll who posts here continuously would rid the forum of some 50 or more aliases.  Let's enforce the current rules properly, re-evaluate and then decide if we actually need more rules.  My bet is that if current policy is doggedly enforced, the trolling problem will be diminished.

-John Randolph

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 03:13:24 PM »
The fake program vets and parents can be exposed by asking specific questions and persistence. Maximillian/SUCK IT being a great example. His refusal to identify which program he attended casts doubt on every other claim he makes here. I just dont know how this is going to be implememnted but it sounds like a recipe for complete boredom. Like it or not, limiting discussions to civil, calm, dispassionate posts will not attract new people. Still hoping I am wrong.