Author Topic: Considering full moderation  (Read 17921 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Considering full moderation
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2010, 10:20:01 AM »
Quote from: "Evil WWASP"
Speaking of "seeming sane," please don't put up a forum solely dedicated to AA. Reading your (you and Antigen's) thoughts on AA, it's clear you have some "far out" opinions on the matter..and if you put up a forum, that would move your thoughts on AA from your opinion realm to official fornits position-(one that the majority of cult victim/program survivors /fornits goers don;t appear to share.)

Quote from: "psy"
I was considering a "drug treatment philosophies" forum instead of one naming AA specifically.  It could be a forum for AA, RR, SOS, SMART and discussion of the relative benefits and downsides.  It would also be opt-in.

Quote from: "Evil WWASP"
And how do you think that will make the claims on this forum appear regarding brainwashing and cults? Its also insulting to victims to equate wwasp or CEDU with AA, which is what you'd be doing, kinda, if you set up its own forum.

Quote from: "psy"
Right, but even defenders of AA such as Danny argue that AA and the 12 step philosophy has influenced this industry.  It's going to be discussed no matter what and it would be great to have a dedicated place for it.

Yup, it does have a huge influence in the TTI.  In fact, a lot of them recommend AA as part of their "aftercare"...and I don't think anyone's equating WWASP/CEDU etc. with AA.   I've never said that AA has beaten anyone or held them against their will (well, maybe the court order b.s.).  We've just noticed some similarities to the thought reform techniques that are used.

And the questioning of AA and it's practices isn't so "out there" anymore.  More and more people, including professionals, are seeing what we're seeing.  Just because it's popular or "mainstream" doesn't mean it's right.  The Scientology likeness stands.  Millions of people believe that it's saved their lives.  That doesn't mean it's so.

I don't care how it's done, but I don't want to see the discussion of AA banned.  It IS an important issue to me as I've watched it harm some people I love very much.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2010, 10:49:32 AM »
Hello, I'd like to know if the moderators will be "policing" PM spam, like the hundreds of messages I continue to receive from Whooter and his sockpuppets.  It amounts to a DOS attck on my account.  Why should I have to wade through and delete dozens of Whooter's unwanted PMs every day?

Whooter's PM Spam Habits

This guy has a real sick obsession with me.  Even though I am not posting recently, which keeps
Whooter's trolling down, he still feels the need to personally and persistently troll me daily, even if by PMs.  It's time to take out the garbage, moderators.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2010, 11:11:11 AM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Hello, I'd like to know if the moderators will be "policing" PM spam, like the hundreds of messages I continue to receive from Whooter and his sockpuppets.  It amounts to a DOS attck on my account.  Why should I have to wade through and delete dozens of Whooter's unwanted PMs every day?

Whooter's PM Spam Habits

This guy has a real sick obsession with me.  Even though I am not posting recently, which keeps
Whooter's trolling down, he still feels the need to personally and persistently troll me daily, even if by PMs.  It's time to take out the garbage, moderators.

Yep...I get those too (the ones that say "This message has been removed by its author before it was delivered"), but they're usually from Danny.  Whooter's game (as I understand from what people have posted that he's done it to) is that he'll send someone a message, but then refuse to read any response.  And Max's signature has this in it...."if you send me a private message it will be deleted without being opened. no exceptions."  It amounts to "I don't like what you're saying so I'm not gonna listen"  :lala:  :lala:

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2010, 11:32:33 AM »
Unfortunately, we can't block individual posters from sending us PMs.  I get many from legitimate people every month.  But Whooter is attempting to deny my service through Fornits by simply junking up my PM box with dozens of spam PMs daily.  He has sent me literally hundreds of them and refuses to stop.  

But if I stop receiving PMs then I won't get the ones I care about.  Whooter knows this so he continues to spam my inbox to deny my communications with people looking for help or to share information.  It's the same tactic he uses on the boards.  

It's a shame the admins won't properly deal with him.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2010, 11:35:24 AM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
I hope I am wrong but this move seems destined to fail if the goal is to increase posters here. Although there is always room for improvement I just dont see whats so broken here. Oftentimes the "petty vendettas" and "sockpuppetry" is quite humorous. Those that might get turned off by it probably would find something else to get offended about anyway. My 2 cents.
I am in full agreement with Shaggys here. One of the inherent drawbacks of a relatively open democratic system is that you WILL get more propagandists and spin meisters. There is simply no way around it.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
disallowing PMs from one's "foes"
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2010, 11:43:01 AM »
Unfortunately, we can't block individual posters from sending us PMs.  I get many from legitimate people every month.  But Whooter is attempting to deny my service through Fornits by simply junking up my PM box with dozens of spam PMs daily.  He has sent me literally hundreds of them and refuses to stop.  

But if I stop receiving PMs then I won't get the ones I care about.  Whooter knows this so he continues to spam my inbox to deny my communications with people looking for help or to share information.  It's the same tactic he uses on the boards.  

On the TAB marked "Friends and Foes" in one's user control panel, it states:

Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible.
Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.[/list][/size]
Might it be possible to customize the fornits phpBB software to permit banning of PMs from one's "foes?"
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2010, 12:12:29 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Whooter's PM Spam Habits

Yep...I get those too (the ones that say "This message has been removed by its author before it was delivered"), but they're usually from Danny.  Whooter's game (as I understand from what people have posted that he's done it to) is that he'll send someone a message, but then refuse to read any response.  And Max's signature has this in it...."if you send me a private message it will be deleted without being opened. no exceptions."  It amounts to "I don't like what you're saying so I'm not gonna listen"  :lala:  :lala:

Sorry guys, not me.  I have sent maybe 5 or 6 PM's over the past 12 months.

This post gives Psy or Ginger permission to check my PM's in box, out box, history etc.  I have closed my acceptance of PM's because of the exact same problem.  I was literally flooded with PM's back when I was TheWho and decided to close it when I switched to Whooter.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: disallowing PMs from one's "foes"
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2010, 12:14:27 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"

On the TAB marked "Friends and Foes" in one's user control panel, it states:

Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible.
Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.[/list][/size]
Might it be possible to customize the fornits phpBB software to permit banning of PMs from one's "foes?"

That would be a great solution, Ursus.  It would be nice to open up my inbox again to non moderator PM's.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2010, 12:28:36 PM »
Quote from: "Watchful Yeoman"
Will "full moderation" deal with posts like this?  I saw this thread and was interested in the AARC discussion, but then here was the "Fornits troll" blatantly identifying someone whom he was arguing with as someone who sexually molests his own child.

Quote from: "TheWho"
Quote from: "ajax13"
JD, since you killed your son, you can't have contact with him at all, moderated or not.  Your mania, stupidity, ignorance and laziness seem to be in an epic battle for dominance.  Who will win JD?  Will your next post be shameful because it's rooted in stupidity, ignorance, laziness or your inability to think rationally when your compulsions are driving you?

why are you obsessed with this JD guy?  It isnt going to help you keep your son or erase what you do to him each night.  We both know that yet you keep throwing personal attacks at other people hoping the pain will go away.

You are sick Ajax13.  Stop molesting and abusing your son.  Just because this poster proved you wrong is no reason to take it out on your own family.  Its only a forum.  Leave your kid in peace.

This is the "Fornits troll" who above is telling other posters that it's not OK to go after people personally, but there he is accusing someone else of sexually molesting their own child.  Where were the "moderators" on this one?  Absent again I suppose.

This "Fornits troll" should be permanently banned immediately as suggested by an earlier poster in this thread.

I think if a poster accuses another poster of killing their own children then it should be okay to counter that with accusing the other with an equally horrible crime of say molestation and/or abuse.  Lets not set up a double standard.  I think all attacks should be handled equally.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2010, 12:40:14 PM »
Yes, it was you, Whooter. You've spammed my PM box dozens of times daily for a looong time.  Quit lying about it.  You've been caught again.

Here we have Whooter "outing" a program kid, posting his name, picture and Facebook account.  I thought Whooter was "against" this type of behavior?  I guess not.

Quote from: "Guest"
Can we get a photo of Peter Dunbar up? Thanks

Mike Dunbar

Notice how Whooter's defense of calling someone a "child molester" who "sexually abuses" his own son, is that the other person said  mean things, too? (while he answers to "JD" and talk about his "son")  So because ajax13 referenced some guy named JD and his son, you think it's fine to call ajax13 a child molester.  Real organized thinking there, douche.  Whooter, do you ever listen to what you say?  Not only are you an unmitigated liar, you do all of things you rail about to other posters.

And quit spamming my inbox!  Now he's using the "Mitt Romney" identity to flood my PM box.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2010, 12:46:17 PM »
Yes, it was you, Whooter. You've spammed my PM box dozens of times daily for a looong time.  Quit lying about it.  You've been caught again.

Here we have Whooter "outing" a program kid, posting his name, picture and Facebook account.  I thought Whooter was "against" this type of behavior?  I guess not.

Mike Dunbar

Notice how Whooter's defense of calling someone a "child molester" who "sexually abuses" his own son, is that the other person said  mean things, too?  Whooter, do you ever listen to what you say?  Not only are you an unmitigated liar, you do all of things you rail about to other posters.

And quit spamming my inbox!  Now he's using the "Mitt Romney" identity to flood my PM box.

Here is a solution, DJ.  Give Psy access to your PM's.  He will quickly see that you photo shopped my name onto those posts.  I just counted my posts for the year and they add up to 9 PM's Since I switched to the user name Whooter.  I sent maybe 2 or 3 to you, DJ.  I dont send hundreds to you every day lol.

You tried the same trick when you claimed I was "Concerned Parent" which turned out to be you posing as a parent.

Good try though, DJ.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:50:05 PM by Whooter »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2010, 12:47:27 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Will "full moderation" deal with posts like this?  I saw this thread and was interested in the AARC discussion, but then here was the "Fornits troll" blatantly identifying someone whom he was arguing with as someone who sexually molests his own child.

JD, since you killed your son, you can't have contact with him at all, moderated or not.  Your mania, stupidity, ignorance and laziness seem to be in an epic battle for dominance.  Who will win JD?  Will your next post be shameful because it's rooted in stupidity, ignorance, laziness or your inability to think rationally when your compulsions are driving you?

why are you obsessed with this JD guy?  It isnt going to help you keep your son or erase what you do to him each night.  We both know that yet you keep throwing personal attacks at other people hoping the pain will go away.

You are sick Ajax13.  Stop molesting and abusing your son.  Just because this poster proved you wrong is no reason to take it out on your own family.  Its only a forum.  Leave your kid in peace.

This is the "Fornits troll" who above is telling other posters that it's not OK to go after people personally, but there he is accusing someone else of sexually molesting their own child.  Where were the "moderators" on this one?  Absent again I suppose.

This "Fornits troll" should be permanently banned immediately as suggested by an earlier poster in this thread.

I think if a poster accuses another poster of killing their own children then it should be okay to counter that with accusing the other with an equally horrible crime of say molestation and/or abuse.  Lets not set up a double standard.  I think all attacks should be handled equally.

Do you deny accusing Ajax of molesting his son?    Who is "JD"?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2010, 12:53:07 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Do you deny accusing Ajax of molesting his son?    Who is "JD"?

I would have to see the original, but I might have said that to counter him accusing someone of killing their own kid. I think I got my point across, though.  Anne, are you not equally upset that Ajax13 accused someone of killing their own son?  Is killing worse then molesting?  or about equal?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2010, 12:56:03 PM »

Mike Dunbar

Notice how Whooter's defense of calling someone a "child molester" who "sexually abuses" his own son, is that the other person said  mean things, too?  Whooter, do you ever listen to what you say?  Not only are you an unmitigated liar, you do all of things you rail about to other posters.

Here is a solution, DJ.  Give Psy access to your PM's.  He will quickly see that you photo shopped my name onto those posts.  I just counted my posts for the year and they add up to 9 PM's Since I switched to the user name Whooter.  I sent maybe 2 or 3 to you, DJ.  I dont send hundreds to you every day lol.

You tried the same trick when you claimed I was "Concerned Parent" which turned out to be you posing as a parent.

Good try though, DJ.

I see you skipped the part about posting a program kid's name and Facebook page.  Outing program survivors is what you do, Whooter.

Are you denying you PMed just this morning as "Mitt Romney" one of your confirmed alaises?

And I never said you sent me "hundreds every day" I said you have sent me hundreds and dozens per day on some days.  Of course, your "Whooter" account is only some of them.  You have been veeeerrry busy PMing me night and day with all of your aliases.  They were all converted to "Whooter" when you had your posts linked up and your alises were moved under your "Whooter" username.

Yeah, right, buddy, I have time to sit around and "photoshop" your PMs.  Face the facts, you are snared in another bald-faced lie.  Nothing new for you.  You should be banned.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2010, 12:57:49 PM »

I would have to see the original, but I might have said that to counter him accusing someone of killing their own kid. I think I got my point across, though.  Anne, are you not equally upset that Ajax13 accused someone of killing their own son?  Is killing worse then molesting?  or about equal?

That would depend on whether or not the person actually did kill or contribute to the death of their own son and then had the unmitigated gall to start an organization to make money off of the same crap that contributed to the death of said child.

Who is JD?