General Interest > Open Free for All

Morgan

(1/12) > >>

maruska:
http://cafety.youthrights.org/wiki/inde ... rgan_Gauss

I have not yet been placed in a "character building school/wilderness program/boot camp/gay re-education camp/or a therapeutic boarding school" but as of today I am packing to be placed in the later. Basically, Monday I will be expected to walk into a therapeutic/troubled teen boarding school titled "Academy at Sisters" - which is in Bend, Oregon. So far I have heard nothing but bad things of this school. Facebook groups of survivors have said that it's "taken their hopes and dreams, and replaced them with skills only to be used by housewives," and have claimed that, "it took away our basic rights, and forced us to learn nothing but compliance." My parents think it is a good idea to send me here, however, I disagree to the highest extent. I have done nothing wrong. Sure, In my past I've made mistakes, but whom hasn't? I have never done drugs, stolen, lied to the extent that it has caused me/others harm.. None of the things that the AAS advertises it shall help with. Why am I posting a testimony? Because I want this to be here for someone to edit while I'm in the program. Because I want someone to see that I had a level head about me before I left. I still have hopes, dreams, and ambitions, and I want that documented before it's gone.

I don't want to be added to the list of survivors. I don't want to have to try and survive it at all.

PKW:
My son attended not only a wilderness program but also a supposed thereuputic college prep school.  He graduated last month and is now attending university (1 of the 2 ) that accepted him.  There brochure lists literally hundreds of colleges and universities that their graduates attend and make the place seem like absolute heaven.   He has been at university less that 3 wekks and he is not doing well at all, although he is now eighteen he still has the mentality of the 16 year old that was locked away by his father.  He initially failed the basic algebra test for acceptance to the university scoring only a 14 out of 50, but supposedly he was doing pre-calculus at their facility.  These places do not usually have licensed therapists (none where he was at anyway) the workshops are cruel, having to write your own obituary, pretend that you are dead, etc.  Also, the mandatory placement in solitary for weeks on end with only an hour for exercise, being told who you can talk to, you are always on "bans" with someone.  Phone calls once every two weeks for 20 minutes.  All letters read, ingoing and outgoing.  No contact unless you attend there workshops.  These places should all be closed.  My son is a mess, smoked pot less that one week after getting out.  That wasn't mentioned in there fancy brochures.  The owners of these facilities are laughing all the way to the bank!!  I think your parents should reconsider this plan of action.  I don't know their reasons why but perhaps whatever you need help wise can be obtained in your home town.

Pile of Dead Kids:
I can tell you for an absolute fact that she wasn't sent anywhere on the 21st.

As for questions such as "what's going on right now", [deleted], [you don't need to know], and [classified].

Che Gookin:
More like {no one really friggin' knows], [if we knew we'd have already smeared in in certain people's faces for hilarity], and/or [gone apeshit and started raisin' some serious caine].

Oh yeah, and I've gotten tired of this shit. I threw down an ultimatum earlier tonight. Either we get some word directly from the horses mouth or it goes gloves off. I'm tired of pussy footing around with these psychotic program parents.

Eliscu2:
:timeout:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version