Author Topic: Nothing Makes You Feel Loved like....  (Read 2316 times)

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
Nothing Makes You Feel Loved like....
« on: September 06, 2010, 07:27:40 PM »
Two nights ago, my family pulled the rug out from under me. I know who the protagonist was in this game. Guess what the response to the anger I showed in return....Take one guess. I got told that their actions were appropriate because I am mentally ill! Were it not for Fornits and a few special people no one would have known that there was a possibility I might be sent "up the river". I let everyone have it yesterday, and was told I was being inappropriate. I want to go into details but it is too complicated. I will summarize it by saying, I am one person's pawn in the family. I am refusing to play that role anymore!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing Makes You Feel Loved like....
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 07:37:51 PM »
Quote from: "iamartsy"
Two nights ago, my family pulled the rug out from under me. I know who the protagonist was in this game. Guess what the response to the anger I showed in return....Take one guess. I got told that their actions were appropriate because I am mentally ill! Were it not for Fornits and a few special people no one would have known that there was a possibility I might be sent "up the river". I let everyone have it yesterday, and was told I was being inappropriate. I want to go into details but it is too complicated. I will summarize it by saying, I am one person's pawn in the family. I am refusing to play that role anymore!

BRAVO!!!!!!!
 :o
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
I don’t know anything about your situation but I would like to respond and give my two cents.
 After you boil it all down mental illness is really defined as how far you have distanced yourself from a societal norm or an obscure line drawn in the sand.  You may be considered on the fringe of the normal curve of society (as defined by others).  But it doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with you.

Lets say that there was a bowl filled with balls and each one was a different color and each year you were asked to chose a ball and place it on your shelf.  If 99% of the people choose a black or white ball and you consistently chose a colored ball then you would be considered mentally ill or in need of help.   This is dictated by society and not by a blood test or xray.

Iamartsy, you are being judged based on a standard that you never signed up for and have no control over (maybe “they” are the ones who are mentally ill).  If you distance yourself from your family or take them out of the equation then you might find people who share your point of view or life style.  Your lifestyle and thinking may be very bazaar but as long as you are not hurting anyone then who cares what other people think.  Seeking acceptance is not a “cure all” and working towards that as a goal could do more harm than good.  Just stay with who you are…. If “you“ feel you need help in certain areas then reach out for it and improve your life otherwise go with what makes you happy and stop listening to other peoples ‘opinions.

On another note If your family has invested this time and energy coming to you then it means that they care in some way, but it doesn’t mean that they are right.  So don’t turn them away.  Listen to them and then listen to yourself and chose your own path.  We all need to do this.

Good luck, Iamartsy, I hope it all works out for you.

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 11:59:41 PM »
I kinda like this Whooter post.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 01:24:47 AM »
My advice for my family if they ever want to institutionalize me is one of my favorite lines out of the Sopranos. Junior Soprano is in a diner and he and Tony have words and he says to Tony, "If you come back here, come hard or don't come at all."

That's my standing advice to my people for institutionalization, "Come hard or don't come at all," cause I got an itchy trigger finger.

Not that I'm in any danger of that sort of shit, but it is the principle of the thing.

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 03:54:30 AM »
Che,
You hit the nail on the head! I let everyone have it. I was one pissed off woman. I might be a certain size, but I pack a big temper! Mentally ill are two words that set me off into a rage!

So you got it right! I might be estranged from my blood relatives be I am not mentally ill! What crap? They incarcerated me for four years for being a lesbian! Then I they joined "The Forum", and wanted to pay to send me. HA!
IAmArtsy

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 02:07:40 PM »
Whooter,
I must say that I think the family was name calling, unless you consider some depression due to prednisone (mental illness). They were lumping me in with bipolar relatives, and psychotic relatives. I should clarify that by saying those relatives are not MY blood relatives. They are my in law's relatives!

What you say does not apply in this case.
IAmArtsy