Author Topic: I went to a program, but was not abused  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
I went to a program, but was not abused
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:25:32 PM »
I went to a program listed on this forum as abusive, it even has its own special subforum section which is unsurprisingly inactive. Perhaps the reason the forum sees no posts is because the reports of its widespread abusiveness has been overblown somewhat. I was never abused in a program, in fact, I can honestly admit that the program most likely saved my life. I was a troubled teen and my parents tried everything else even hospitalization but needed a longer term option, and chose to send me to a program. I didn't like it and protested being there, because I wanted to continue with the self destructive behaviors as I did at home. But they didn't let me, and ended up showing me a new path and most importantly keeping me away from my life back at home, if I had been allowed to remain a part of, it would of surely killed me.

I was never abused, and I can't honestly say I ever saw anybody else abused either. On fornits the word abused is so watered down, that our mere presence in the program represents abuse, but I don't subscribe to this altered version of what abuse really is. If I had a cell phone in the program, could I have called 911 and reported anything being illegal going on? No, I couldn't have. In fornits version of reality I could call 911 and report that I am n underage minor being held against my will. Maybe the cops might even show up, but then the program would simply show them the paperwork where my parents signed me in and that would be that.

I was sent to a program because I did a lot of self destructive things and refused to stop despite my parents telling me I'd be sent to long term treatment, so I have only myself to blame in the end. I've been a reader of fornits for a long time, and I don't agree with the extremism that is so popular amongst the small group of "survivors" who post here. I don't know how people call themselves survivors when everybody else survives too. Nobody in the program while I was there was killed, so calling myself a survivor is somewhat redundant I think. I saw a lot of good things happen in the program, and yes people even had a good time and improved themselves. This is an impossibility to fornits resident extremists, even though I saw this with my own eyes. It's sort of like experiencing something in real life and then watching the news about what you saw. Often times, the news story barely resembles what actually happened. Well fornits is the news version of program reality, and it's far from accurate in it's portrayal.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: I went to a program, but was not abused
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:37:12 PM »
Dude we get it . The program saved your life.Lucky us. What else you got?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 08:53:42 PM »
If you are so happy with your experience in your program then what are you even doing here?

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:14:43 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Dude we get it . The program saved your life.Lucky us. What else you got?

He's just trying to sway potential viewers into disregarding the content.

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 09:23:45 PM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"
If you are so happy with your experience in your program then what are you even doing here?

You must be one of those people who read fornits and assume that it is a hangout for people who were "abused" in programs, or "survivors" as they refer to themselves so colorfully. But if you read the FAQ of this forum, and the subtext to this very forum I posted this thread in it actually reads:

Compliance is not character. Weakness is not strength. Regression is not growth. Tough love leads to tough hate. Time for some straight talk about the Troubled Parent Industry.

This is an uncensored, unmoderated forum where all viewpoints are both welcome and fair game for debate. It's a snap-shot of the Teen Help industry, and there's nothing inspiring or heart-warming about it. It's pretty damned ugly. Enter at your own risk.

OK that first part sort of reads like the fornits equivilent of a serenity prayer or AA saying (ironic right?) but pay close attention to the beginning of the second paragraph in bold. So now that you further understand the intention of this forum, would you like to retract your nonsensical question? I can understand why you thought this place was a hangout for "survivors" though, since many people wrongly assume that and take it upon themselves to censor the forum from opinions like mine using intimidation and threats.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 11:49:49 AM »
No Max, I meant if your program worked so well then why do you feel the need to post on fornits every day?  I don't really care, it's obvious that you are a troll with a (badly) hidden agenda.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 12:02:37 PM »
I personally don't care if you post on here saying that you benefited from your time in a program (assuming of course you did actually attend one). I have no doubt that there are people who come out of programs saying that they beneifted from their treatment programs. What I take issue with is you and those who of your mind discounting and dismissing those of us who were abused in our programs. Who are you to say it didn't happen?

Offline Octomommy

• View Profile
TEAM A.Z.E. CHEDARHEAD!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 12:26:44 PM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"
I went to a program listed on this forum as abusive, it even has its own special subforum section which is unsurprisingly inactive. Perhaps the reason the forum sees no posts is because the reports of its widespread abusiveness has been overblown somewhat. I was never abused in a program, in fact, I can honestly admit that the program most likely saved my life. I was a troubled teen and my parents tried everything else even hospitalization but needed a longer term option, and chose to send me to a program. I didn't like it and protested being there, because I wanted to continue with the self destructive behaviors as I did at home. But they didn't let me, and ended up showing me a new path and most importantly keeping me away from my life back at home, if I had been allowed to remain a part of, it would of surely killed me.

I was never abused, and I can't honestly say I ever saw anybody else abused either. On fornits the word abused is so watered down, that our mere presence in the program represents abuse, but I don't subscribe to this altered version of what abuse really is. If I had a cell phone in the program, could I have called 911 and reported anything being illegal going on? No, I couldn't have. In fornits version of reality I could call 911 and report that I am n underage minor being held against my will. Maybe the cops might even show up, but then the program would simply show them the paperwork where my parents signed me in and that would be that.

I was sent to a program because I did a lot of self destructive things and refused to stop despite my parents telling me I'd be sent to long term treatment, so I have only myself to blame in the end. I've been a reader of fornits for a long time, and I don't agree with the extremism that is so popular amongst the small group of "survivors" who post here. I don't know how people call themselves survivors when everybody else survives too. Nobody in the program while I was there was killed, so calling myself a survivor is somewhat redundant I think. I saw a lot of good things happen in the program, and yes people even had a good time and improved themselves. This is an impossibility to fornits resident extremists, even though I saw this with my own eyes. It's sort of like experiencing something in real life and then watching the news about what you saw. Often times, the news story barely resembles what actually happened. Well fornits is the news version of program reality, and it's far from accurate in it's portrayal.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtcZsc7H2sw&NR=1 :waaaa:  :waaaa:  :waaaa:  :waaaa:  :beat:  :poison:  :poison:  :poison:
HEY SPY...OOOPS I MEAN PSY I GOT MORE ICONS HOW DO I GET THEM HERE? R U TOO GAY TO HELP ME? :rasta:  >:(  ::evil::  ::fullofshit::  :beat:

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 01:13:44 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
I personally don't care if you post on here saying that you benefited from your time in a program (assuming of course you did actually attend one). I have no doubt that there are people who come out of programs saying that they beneifted from their treatment programs. What I take issue with is you and those who of your mind discounting and dismissing those of us who were abused in our programs. Who are you to say it didn't happen?

Almost like asking who are you to say he did not have a positive experience. I'll tell you what Robert, when you can stand in front of a person (hypothetically) who says they had a positive experience without any judgment what so ever, then make your opposing statement.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Almost like asking who are you to say he did not have a positive experience. I'll tell you what Robert, when you can stand in front of a person (hypothetically) who says they had a positive experience without any judgment what so ever, then make your opposing statement.

Looks like I already did:

I personally don't care if you post on here saying that you benefited from your time in a program (assuming of course you did actually attend one). I have no doubt that there are people who come out of programs saying that they beneifted from their treatment programs.
[/b][/size]

What happens next?

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 02:12:32 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Looks like I already did:

I personally don't care if you post on here saying that you benefited from your time in a program (assuming of course you did actually attend one). I have no doubt that there are people who come out of programs saying that they beneifted from their treatment programs.
[/b][/size]

What happens next?

Your a liar, like your friends. Gosh, it would feel refreshing to find someone here who speaks "their" truth.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 02:19:15 PM »
Only on fornits. A pro abuse poster admonishes an anti abuse poster to acknowlege that some people come out of programs feeling like they were not abused. The anti abuse poster provides his previous post showing that exact thing and shaming the pro abuse poster because he obviously didnt read one post up before issuing a response. Without any basis or actual evidence the pro abuse poster accuses the anti abuse poster of lying.

Have another drink Danny, it looks like you're off to an early start anyway.

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »
I made a video the link is in my signature, feel free to watch if if you wish. It's about how a progrm saved my life, so if you aren't interested don't watch it, nobody is forcing you.