Author Topic: Exploiting freedom  (Read 6381 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Maybe I'm tired of being tormented to hell...
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 01:33:51 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Maybe I'm a little tired of being woken up on my day off in an attempt to indoctrinate me and when I try to politely decline, I'm called a heathen and told that the wrath of god will soon be upon me (I've had them literally screaming at me as they walk down my driveway).

Man, Florida sounds pretty fucked. At least the religious nuts up in these parts have some semblance of politeness; I feel for ya, lol.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Maybe I'm tired of being tormented to hell...
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 01:45:44 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Maybe I'm a little tired of being woken up on my day off in an attempt to indoctrinate me and when I try to politely decline, I'm called a heathen and told that the wrath of god will soon be upon me (I've had them literally screaming at me as they walk down my driveway).

Man, Florida sounds pretty fucked. At least the religious nuts up in these parts have some semblance of politeness; I feel for ya, lol.

Yeah, as far as the politics go....it is fucked!  But if you can avoid most of that and just hang out on the boat or at the beach, it ain't too bad.

After about the 5th time of the Jehovah Nitwits doing that to me, I finally told them off in my own "atheistic" way and they avoided my house for about 3 years.  Now I just don't answer the door when I see them coming and then they hang their literature on my door.

When I was a kid my best friend's mom (an atheist herself) invited them in, served them coffee and donuts and proceeded to, very politely, dismantle every single argument they made.  Quoting from Leviticus is a great way to do that.  They never knocked on her door again.  :seg2:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Re: Exploiting freedom
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 03:03:01 PM »
Had Jehova witnesses come to the door at my old place, told to them to hang on a minute after I answered the door cranked up "Mother by Danzig" and grabbed a Bud then asked them how I could help them... They took off from my door like they saw Satan himself.... LOL... :seg:

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 04:06:55 PM »
I also sent them running for the hills by telling them Charles Russel was a false prophet and the Watch-tower is as well, and that they are wrong on Jesus, the Trinity, Hell and many less significant issues.  

Different method, same result.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 09:22:53 AM »
Quote from: "IslamIsViolent"
See.  I just don't see the logic with tolerating an intolerant ideology.  People don't tolerate Nazism.  Why do they tolerate Islam?
Charles Manson once said that Adolf Hitler was a "tuned-in dude" who tried to level the karma of the Jews.

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"
I also sent them running for the hills by telling them Charles Russel was a false prophet and the Watch-tower is as well, and that they are wrong on Jesus, the Trinity, Hell and many less significant issues.  

Different method, same result.

Let's not be so hasty...That "WatchTower" might be a decent sniper perch.  I could pick off all sorts of "witnesses" right fom there.
"The ricketty and scrofulous little wretch who first sees the light in a work-house, or in a brothel, and who feels the effects of alcohol before the effects of vital air, is not equal in any respect to the ruddy offspring of the honest yeoman; nay, I will go further, and say that a prince, provided he is no better born than royal blood will make him, is not equal to the healthy son of a peasant." [/i]

-John Randolph

Offline Stonewall

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 08:59:18 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
Same guy who claimed that a mosque was being constructed a few yards from "ground zero".  Uses reification of "islam", a disingenous and artificial construct.  What is this person's agenda for manipulating the viewers in this disingenuous fashion?

The Imam behind Cordoba House is Feisal Abdul Rauf.  Here is a list of Imam Rauf's pals:
http://www.cfr.org/about/outreach/relig ... board.html

The Cordoba Initiative is in partnership with the American Society for Muslim Advancement, an organization chaired by Imam Rauf.
http://www.cordobainitiative.org/?q=content/ci-partners

And who is behind the ASMA?
•Carnegie Corporation of New York
•Rockefeller Brothers
•Rockefeller Philanthropy
•Rockefeller Brothers Fund
•Global Fund for Women
•William & Mary Greve Foundation
•The Sister Fund
•The Russell Family Foundation
•Danny Kaye & Sylvia Fine Foundation
•Graham Charitable Foundation
•Deak Family Foundation
•Henry Luce Foundation
•The Elizabeth Foundation
•The Ms. Foundation
•Hunt Alternatives
http://www.asmasociety.org/about/p_support.html
But let's go back to Imam Rauf's position at the CFR.  Who is the CFR?
http://www.cfr.org/about/corporate/roster.html
Wahabbi you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Have you heard of the Shariah Index Project?

It's a project of the Imam of Ground Zero fame. He's the most famous Muslim associated with Ground Zero since Mahammad Atta.

Anyway, I'll let him speak for himself...

http://www.cordobainitiative.org/?q=con ... ex-project

The only difference between a Moderate Muslim and those who celebrate Al Qaeda is the way they go about their goals, and their goals are the same. And, why would it be otherwise? Muhammad commanded his slaves to wage Jihad until the whole world was under Islamic Law.

Here is an article that the Cordoba folks thought was worthy of saving on their website...

http://www.cordobainitiative.org/?exter ... RM%3DZZNR6

Defend that...

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 09:29:17 PM »
Stony, you are as hilarious as ever.  The fear-mongering hate-peddlar is a great character.  I still admire the way you push the bit all the way.  The denouement where where you pretend that I was defending anything, when of course that was never the case, is a nifty flourish.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Stonewall

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 09:30:05 PM »
The Ground Zero Imam wants Islamic Law in the U.S..

Lets look at this article about Islamic Law.

EU decries 'barbaric' plans to stone Iranian woman

By BRIAN MURPHY and NASSER KARIMI (AP) – 1 day ago

TEHRAN, Iran — The international crossfire over Iran's stoning sentence for a woman convicted of adultery intensified Tuesday with a top European Union official calling it "barbaric" and an Iranian spokesman saying it's about punishing a criminal and not a human rights issue.

The sharp words from both sides provide a snapshot of the dispute: Western leaders are ramping up pressure to call off the sentence for Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani and Iran is framing it as a matter for its own courts and society.

The case of the 43-year-old mother of two also spills over into larger and even more complex issues for Iran's Islamic leaders of national sovereignty and defense of their system of justice.

Iranian authorities routinely defend their legal codes and human rights standards as fully developed and in keeping with the country's traditions and values. They have widely ignored Western denunciations over the crackdowns after last year's disputed presidential election.

Iranian authorities also bristle at Western criticism — including U.S. State Department human rights reports — and say foreign governments overlook shortcomings in their own systems and fail to hold Western ally Israel accountable.

Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman, Ramin Mehmanparast, showed Tuesday that the Islamic state was willing to push back just as hard as the West — at least with rhetoric.

"If release of all those who have committed murder is considered defending human rights, all European countries can ... free murderers in defense of human rights," Mehmanparast told reporters.

Ashtiani's stoning sentence was put on hold in July and is now being reviewed by Iran's supreme court. Iranian authorities also say she has been convicted of playing a role in her husband's 2005 murder.

But her lawyer, Houtan Javid Kian, says she was never formally put on trial on the charge of being an accomplice to murder and was not allowed to mount a defense.

At the European parliament, European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said he was "appalled" by the news of the sentence.

"Barbaric beyond words," he said during his first State of the Union address in Strasbourg, France.

The case also has been wrapped up in claims of Iranian missteps and abuses.

Last month, Iranian authorities broadcast a purported confession from Ashtiani on state-run television. A woman identified as Ashtiani admitted to being an unwitting accomplice in her husband's killing. Kian said he believes she was tortured into confessing.

Then on Monday, Kian said he received word that his client was lashed 99 times last week in a separate punishment after British newspaper ran a picture of an unveiled woman mistakenly identified as Ashtiani. The newspaper, the Times of London, later apologized for the error.

There was no official Iranian confirmation of the new punishment.

Iran has given no signal it will bend easily to international appeals. Even an offer of asylum from Brazil — which is on friendly terms with Tehran — went nowhere.

The Vatican has hinted of the possibility of behind-the-scenes diplomacy to try to save her life.

French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner called the stoning sentence "the height of barbarism." Earlier, a hard-line Iranian newspaper, Kayhan, described French first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy as a "prostitute" for condemning the stoning sentence.

Mehmanparast, the Foreign Ministry spokesman, said the insult was not sanctioned by the government.

U.S. officials have so far let European allies lead the way over the case, preferring to keep up efforts to enforce tighter U.N. and American sanctions over Iran's nuclear program. But Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said last month that Washington remains "troubled" by the case and Ashtiani's "fate is unclear."

Ashtiani's lawyer sees the next critical period coming next week. The moratorium on death sentences during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan will end, and he worries that an execution could be then carried out "any moment."

Stonings of men and women were widely carried out in the early years after the 1979 Islamic revolution. More recently, the punishment has been imposed less frequently, but cases are rarely confirmed by authorities and no official records are released.

In January 2009, Iranian judiciary spokesman Ali Reza Jamshidi said two men convicted of adultery were stoned to death the previous month in the northeastern city of Mashhad.

Iran also reported a death by stoning in July 2007 for a man convicted of adultery. The U.N. human rights chief at the time, Louise Arbour, condemned the execution as a "clear violation of international law."

Hangings are frequently carried out in Iran, whose legal system is a mix of civil statutes and Quran-inspired codes. Magistrates, who are often Muslim clerics, have wide latitude on sentences for crimes that break moral codes.

In December 2008, Iranian authorities shut down the office of a human rights group led by Nobel Peace Prize winner Shirin Ebadi, whose efforts included appeals to ban stonings. Ebadi has not returned to Iran since last year's re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Murphy reported from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... AD9I38V8G0

Can you believe it? Google is Islamaphobic.

The whole EU is Islamaphobic.

Islamic Law is like the in thing... Ask those For the Ground Zero Mosque. They'll defend this all day... it would be hateful not to. Bigoted. Racist. And, not very nice.

Offline Stonewall

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 09:39:28 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
Stony, you are as hilarious as ever.  The fear-mongering hate-peddlar is a great character.  I still admire the way you push the bit all the way.  The denouement where where you pretend that I was defending anything, when of course that was never the case, is a nifty flourish.

What is to hate? Fear?

I'm so excited I'm sending stones to Iran. The only fear I have is of flying... otherwise I'd be delivering those stones myself.

I want to be a non hate peddler. We should embrace the religion of the 7th Century.

Defending is what I saw. Acting as if those institutions supporting the Cordoba House have any meaning whatsoever. As if that should be the end of the story. I don't know why those institutions support Islamic Law. Perhaps we should ask them.

I am not hateful or anything of the sort. I just call it like it is. My position is very easy to have, because it is right.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 09:45:39 PM »
You're not afraid to take risks as a comedian Stony, and I applaud that.  Your character verges on the delusional when you use the self-contradiction, but it works as a part of the whole bit.  That cowardly aspect is amply explored in your work, the allegation that something has to be done about "islam", but then back-pedalling and stating there's nothing to fear.  Fantastic work, as always.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992