Author Topic: Exploiting freedom  (Read 6476 times)

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
whatever
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 01:28:07 AM »
:clown:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:17:26 PM by Eliscu2 »
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Re: Exploiting freedom
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 11:02:16 AM »
JOM, I figured you threw in the towel after your erroneous claim about Shrub flying Tomcats.  What did happen to HIndu culture?  Not much as far as I can see here:
"Hinduism has grown to become the world's third largest religion, after Christianity and Islam. It claims about 950 million followers -- about 14% of the world's population. 2 It is the dominant religion in India, Nepal, and among the Tamils in Sri Lanka.

Estimates of the number of Hindus in the U.S. vary greatly:

Our estimate, for mid-2010, is 1.5 million.
According to the "Yearbook of American & Canadian Churches," there were about 1.1 million Hindus in the U.S. during 1999. 3
The "American Religious Identification Survey" is believed to under-estimate the numbers of Hindus because of communications problems with non-English speaking households. 4 They estimated: 766,000 Hindus in 2001 and 1.2 million in 2008.
Statistics Canada estimates that there were about 157,015 Hindus in Canada during 2001."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hinduism.htm

While there may not have been an "aid flotilla" to Darfur, some folks are pitching in in other ways:
"Israel has supplied a rebel group involved in the Darfur conflict in Sudan with a considerable amount of weaponry, a new report says."
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... &aid=12156
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/ne ... l-1.270182

"Presently 7,000 African Union troops are in Darfur. Their logistical and technical back-up is provided by U.S. and NATO forces. In addition, thousands of UN personnel are overseeing refugee camps for hundreds of thousands dislocated by the drought, famine and war. All of these outside forces do more than hand out needed food. They are a source of instability. As capitalist would-be conquerors have done for hundreds of years, they consciously play one group off against another. U.S. imperialism is heavily involved in the entire region. Chad, which is directly west of Darfur, last year participated in a U.S.-organized international military exer cise that, according to the U.S. Defense Department, was the largest in Africa since World War II."

http://www.iacenter.org/Africa/dafur-sf06032006.htm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: HOMELAND SECURITY AND MORE MORE MORE
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 01:05:23 PM »
YNGWIE IS SUPERIOR!!!! JUST IN CASE YOU FELT GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF FOR A MINUTE.

Ok, but I'm more of a Steve Howe fan, myself...

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 06:26:18 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"

:tup:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:28:17 AM by Eliscu2 »
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 09:56:26 PM »
Quote from: "Eliscu2"
Quote from: "Froderik"

Well in a free world we could enjoy what we like.
I would not have to listen to Country Music and I could have my HEAVY METAL or whatever the fuck I want...
I'll go "Dream On" some more...
I really think that no matter where you come from MUSIC and ART are a UNIVERSAL language.
Too bad ROCKSTARS only like models...........
Personally I like a guy with a little meat on his bones.
How about some freedom of choice?
I have seriously had it with people forcing me to do this and that at their own will and abuse of power.
FUCK THAT!!!!!!!
In these times I suggest you remember a few basic things and scrap the BULLSHIT!
It's real simple LIFE or DEATH.
PEACE or WAR.
Happiness or  ::unhappy::
Personally I do not give a flying fuck what any of you like I have enough problems here in HELLSCONSIN.
Count you'r blessings cause time is a wasting....................................................................................................................... ::puke::  :beat:

Well you know, I like your attitude. You've got moxie in spades!  ::evil::

I may not like Yngwie, but that's neither here nor there! You only get one ride through this madness known as Earth (reincarnation? shit, let's not go there, lol), so you might as well enjoy this shit and FUCK anyone (well, not literally, unless you want to) who tries to get in the way of your right to expression, your right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness! Felice, you go right ahead and listen to more Yngwie Malmsteen until your ears bleed or your brain hemorrhages (whichever comes first). If that's what floats yer boat then I am genuinely happy for you!! No bullshit, I mean it! Fuck 'em all, and let God (if that really is his or her or its name) sort 'em out....you and me, we ain't got the time!  :tup:

Enough said for now; a bowl of TBPITW awaits!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 11:56:17 AM »
All of this basically boils down to "my invisible sky wizard is better than your invisible sky wizard neener neener neener"  ::poke::  

Ridiculous.   ::)   I'm so sick of all religions.  If you want to worship the invisible sky wizards, fine....just quit bashing others who don't feel the way you do.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 12:12:27 PM »
Over the course of my life, I have found religions interesting: Buddhism, Hinduism, American Indian, and especially the life of Jesus Christ (despite growing up Catholic and being dragged to church every damned week). Although I certainly can't blame anyone for not liking (or even hating) religion when it's been forced down their throat by their parents or a program...or when all they see are the types who like to bash people that disagree with them.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:58:01 AM by Joel »

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 12:28:13 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
If you want to worship the invisible sky wizards, fine....just quit bashing others who don't feel the way you do.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 12:31:24 PM »
Anne Bonney wrote;
"I'm so sick of all religions. If you want to worship the invisible sky wizards, fine....just quit bashing others who don't feel the way you do."

Brovo Brilliant. And yet so amazingly simple Most people don't get it. Invisible sky wizards, Suonds like a song title (is it)?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 12:48:21 PM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"
If you want to worship the invisible sky wizards, fine....just quit bashing others who don't feel the way you do.

Funny, I've never had someone knock on my door on a Saturday morning trying to convince me to be an atheist.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 12:48:56 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Anne Bonney wrote;
"I'm so sick of all religions. If you want to worship the invisible sky wizards, fine....just quit bashing others who don't feel the way you do."

Brovo Brilliant. And yet so amazingly simple Most people don't get it. Invisible sky wizards, Suonds like a song title (is it)?

Wish I could take credit for it but I read it somewhere on Fark.

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 12:58:39 PM »

Funny, I've never had someone knock on my door on a Saturday morning trying to convince me to be an atheist.

I'm just pointing out the fact by using terms like invisible sky wizards you are being purposefully insulting to believers, so if you expect them to respect you, perhaps you should quit bashing others who don't feel the way you do. The golden rule,  the rule almost all religions teach.

Offline ......

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 01:11:43 PM »
Let's all go![attachment=0:3h0gkdnb]SKY WIZZARDS.jpg[/attachment:3h0gkdnb]

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 01:12:01 PM »

I'm just pointing out the fact by using terms like invisible sky wizards you are being purposefully insulting to believers, so if you expect them to respect you, perhaps you should quit bashing others who don't feel the way you do. The golden rule,  the rule almost all religions teach.

Point taken, but maybe I'm a little tired of being told I'm gonna burn in hell for my non-belief.  Maybe I'm a little tired of being woken up on my day off in an attempt to indoctrinate me and when I try to politely decline, I'm called a heathen and told that the wrath of god will soon be upon me (I've had them literally screaming at me as they walk down my driveway).  Maybe I'm a little tired of politicians forgetting the separation of church and state.