Author Topic: Putting flyers on cars outside AA meetings?  (Read 12767 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: Putting flyers on cars outside AA meetings?
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Quote from: "DannyBII"
Rubble rubble rubble rubble

Hey Danny I am sure that a few of us could chip in and buy you a few beers....  :cheers:   :seg:

That would be cool, where and when.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2010, 09:34:17 AM »
AA meeting tonight up the road from my house... Don't have the new flier perfected yet, so I am going to have to use one of my earlier drafts... New area new people to save.... Hell I just need to go on a newcomer rescue mission !!!!   :seg:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2010, 09:55:41 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
In order to debate you have to at the very minimum try to discredit her sources by providing some of your own. You haven't done anything other than provide vague anecdotal information that at best was collected over the years via gossip and story telling.

Anne is well ahead in this debate given your prime tactic seems to be sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming liar liar at the top of your lungs.

Oh. I'm sorry I did not know that the OJ papers were an authority on the subject of AA. Next, as soon as someone with merit shows up, I'll be all in. Last Che, AA is all anecdotal(bullshit-fixed it for you), that is what makes it so unique.
We are not professionals but we have members that are professionals, there is no authority but we have structure and no one is in charge but God, as we understand him.

Can you cite a source that discredits the Orange papers? You are the one who has the burden of providing a merit worthy source to discredit the Orange Papers, you haven't done this yet, and I doubt you will due to your fixation with anecdotal twaddle. And again, thank your for admitting AA really is all bullshit.

Yup....and AO cites sources for what he's saying.  Danny just dismisses them because they run contrary to what he's been led to believe.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2010, 10:06:53 AM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Anne, I hate saying this but your opinions show you have not been to really any meeting at all and the ones you did go to you were not paying attention. Most of your knowledge/opinions is straight from the Orange Papers, com'on give me a break. I am speaking from direct experience and your rebuttals are coming from a man that was disgruntled by AA.  
Anyways who cares.

There you go with your assumptions again.  Just because I disagree with your opinion of AA I MUST be lying.  I'm not.  I've been to countless meetings, even had several sponsors (one of whom I keep in touch with because she doesn't buy into the dogma and really does just use it as a support group)  You tell me that I'm speaking solely from what I've read in the Orange Papers and that's an assumption on your part and complete bullshit.  I read what he's written and then go to his sources to confirm what he's saying is true AND, as I've said, I've gone to a ton of meetings.  The longest stretch was 3 years of weekly meetings.  What prompted me to seek out information about AA and eventually find AO was what I experienced in the rooms (i.e. stopping the meds, divorcing spouses etc.)  It struck me as such dogma (there's that word again) and reminded me of what Straight did in a much more forceful manner.  You, OTOH, only talk about your experiences and cite nothing to back them up.  The reason there aren't many (if any) studies about AA is that they won't allow any clinical, longitudinal, peer reviewed studies because they know they'd be blown out of the water.  

Yes,  AA can be helpful to some people as a support group only.  To follow the literature, written by a certifiable lunatic, is lunacy itself.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2010, 10:08:27 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Yup....and AO cites sources for what he's saying.   Danny just dismisses them because they run contrary to what he's been led to believe.

Prime example of how AA cult like group think can destroy a persons rational thought process... "Have no independent thought, Normies are dangerous to our way way of thinking..."

PS...I saw a bumper sticker on a car at an AA meeting that read "Normal People Scare Me"  :rofl:  :rofl:

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2010, 10:21:24 AM »
Making my tin foil hat so their "Cult Like" ( Thanks Psy for clearing the terminology up for me ) group think can not penetrate my brain while I am passing out fliers...

Damn aliens with their mind probing techniques...   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2010, 10:32:17 AM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"

PS...I saw a bumper sticker on a car at an AA meeting that read "Normal People Scare Me"  :rofl:  :rofl:

Yup...I said before that in quite a few meetings I heard "I feel sorry for the 'normies' (people who don't have a drinking or drug problem) because they're not fortunate enough to have the "tools for life" that 'we' (Stepcrafters) do.  

:eek:   :jawdrop: