Author Topic: Some things to ponder about which ever Anonymous meeting  (Read 9243 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: Some things to ponder about which ever Anonymous meeting
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 02:46:02 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Plus your quoting other sources for your arguments. AA is as you said is very personal, what are your thoughts. Not OJ's but yours.

I never said that AA is personal... My words were "My AA experiences were personal and I don't care to devulge that info over the internet plus I also said I don't know you and my experiences are none of your business"

I am not talking about my experiences... I am stating information from sources in order for people to come up with their own educated hypothesis on it. Enough with the bickering lets get back to the topic

Fair enough.....Was not trying to derail your thread.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 02:48:42 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Anne, the OJ papers is not in all fairness citing a source. This is just one guys opinion.

And so is yours.  Just an opinion.  But at least AO backs his up with something other than only his opinion.

No he does not, just more opinions from other AA members and professionals with opinions.

As we determine a source here, OJ would not measure up. (Orange Papers)

So as I said your OJ papers have no credibility here, thank you.

You're absolutely right.  He's a psycho, murdering fuck if I've ever seen one.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:36:09 PM by Joel »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 02:56:42 PM »
Quote from: "Joel"
Are AA meetings like a disclosure circle?

:jawdrop:

Pretty much...and if not in the "group", then certainly with the sponsor.  It's called "doing a 5th Step".

Anne, why are answering this question??????

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 03:01:58 PM »

Pretty much...and if not in the "group", then certainly with the sponsor.  It's called "doing a 5th Step".

(1) Yes it is... in the program they call it a 5th step... In catholisism it;s called confession and ... Hence AA has become a religion a domatic one but none the less a religion and with it being a dogmatic religion it would fall unther the definition of cult.

(2) Anne is answering because she has her own opinions just like you...

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »

(1) Yes it is... in the program they call it a 5th step... In catholisism it;s called confession and ... Hence AA has become a religion a dogmatic one but none the less a religion and with it being a dogmatic religion it would fall under the definition of cult.

(2) Anne is answering because she has her own opinions just like you...

No BP I wish that was the truth, that you and Anne were writing theories(definition of opinion)but you are not, really. You are spouting anger from years gone by. Most of your definitions concerning the ongoings of AA are not accurate at all. Sounds like you spent a lot of time fooling around and socializing (which is fine) instead of paying attention.
AA, (the book and a building in NYC) are not a religion nor are they a cult. The cult accusation,  your friend Woof a Doof already explained this, I guess you were not here.
As far as a religion, no, I would not go that far but I will say there principles are based on a Judea Christian Theocracy, no doubt about this.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »
I'm answering because he asked a question. I gave him my answer based on my experience with AA, just as you are. As is typical of the ardent Stepcrafter, you get all defensive if someone has an opinion contrary to that of what you'be been sold.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 03:23:35 PM »
As far as a religion, no, I would not go that far but I will say there principles are based on a Judea Christian Theocracy, no doubt about this.

The only thing that saves them from being a registered cult is they have not ever applied for a church license..... And having Judea Christian principals this drags into another real where it theoreticaly should be classified a church... Hence to me rating right there with the church of scientology... One word... "CULT"

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 03:28:18 PM »
The courts have also ruled that it is a religion.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 03:44:20 PM »
I'm answering because he asked a question. I gave him my answer based on my experience with AA, just as you are. As is typical of the ardent Stepcrafter, you get all defensive if someone has an opinion contrary to that of what you'be been sold.

OK, I'll tone my rhetoric down a bit. My problem with your writing Anne has always been the same. I personally do not see your personal experiences. I see others, meaning people you have talked with and sources you have read.
How can so many folks that went to Straight that I know have such a contrasting opinion. Most all I said they were angry at AA because of there experience with Straight but that AA is OK. Maybe not for them but it did help folks. AA is not necessarily for me anymore, I have moved on but it did help me a great deal. I will be forever eternally grateful for this.
It seems BP and yourself must be different. Which is possible but I have a hard time seeing this with your behavior here concerning AA, every time it is brought up, you become defensive and then call me defensive. I still think you hold a resentment towards anything to do with, AA.
I really do not want to argue with you about this anymore or whatever else you want to call it. I will not change your mind about AA, you will always be able to find one person who has disgraced AA and flaunt (him/her) here. AA is primarily made up from damaged folks who came looking for help. There are all kinds of folks interpreting AA anyway they like, AA does not tightly govern their groups never have never will.
I have found that there are many more wonderful loving people who want to help you, there. They are not taking advantage of you, misinterpreting the principles and trying to cram there thoughts down your throat. Many of these people were in programs, they hated them, we are not looking to duplicate the same experience.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 03:46:51 PM »
The courts have also ruled that it is a religion.

How did this come about??? A sincere question.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 03:47:40 PM »
Those 12 steps might as well be kryptonite. Just drag a brother (or sister) down. It renders you powerless over drugs which relieves the personal responsibility for the decisions you make. I had those 7 steps drilled into me nonstop at Straight. Took me awhile to realize that about the only thing I am completely powerless over is whether or not the sun will rise tomorrow.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 03:57:07 PM »
How can so many folks that went to Straight that I know have such a contrasting opinion. Most all I said they were angry at AA because of there experience with Straight but that AA is OK. Maybe not for them but it did help folks.

I don't know who all you knew that was in Straight, but I do not see them coming in here being by your side on every theory you have... Nor do I but for the most part the People who were in Straight know I am speaking the truth and doing the right thing by exposing the truth... Take Anne.. You were perplexed that someone else felt the same and thought the same as me on this topic... Anne and I are not the only ones who view this my way.. we may not agree all the time but for the most part we respect each other.

Joel

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:37:18 PM by Joel »

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 04:18:54 PM »
How can so many folks that went to Straight that I know have such a contrasting opinion. Most all I said they were angry at AA because of there experience with Straight but that AA is OK. Maybe not for them but it did help folks.

I don't know who all you knew that was in Straight, but I do not see them coming in here being by your side on every theory you have... Nor do I but for the most part the People who were in Straight know I am speaking the truth and doing the right thing by exposing the truth... Take Anne.. You were perplexed that someone else felt the same and thought the same as me on this topic... Anne and I are not the only ones who view this my way.. we may not agree all the time but for the most part we respect each other.

SAFE = Straight Inc. (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5PXmvkn ... re=related

SAFE = Straight Inc. (part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWQ5AdRb ... re=related

Killer find Joel... going to have to save those links...