Author Topic: Putting flyers on cars outside AA meetings?  (Read 12655 times)

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
Putting flyers on cars outside AA meetings?
« on: August 29, 2010, 08:34:30 PM »
is it true people here actually do this? Seriously? WTF?

Can you share with us all, what exactly do you put on the flyers to convince people they shouldn't go to AA?

I find this very interesting, in a very crazy kind of way, but interesting none the less. If I came out of a meeting and found something like that, I'd think it was scientology or some crazy cult. Care to explain??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
Re: Putting flyers on cars outside AA meetings?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:39:38 PM »
Strange, I haven't heard anyone actually suggest that...

..until you just did.

11/10
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 08:45:57 PM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"

..until you just did.

11/10

Really? Don't you read the threads you start? Believe me I couldn't make something that absurd up out of the blue.

From the Primer for the Uninitiated thread, Che gookin said this:

I'd hate to see you become the next fornits member to join the Whooter Patrol and piss away hour after hour doing nothing much of anything useful. Those are hours you can spend slipping anti-AA flyers under windshields at your nearest AA meeting. You've done this before, you posted that you felt incredibly liberated by the experience.

Perhaps Che Gookin was just joking around, ironically suggesting that arguing with Whooter is a waste of time just like slipping flyers beneath people's cars? I have no idea, but this is where I saw it and thought to myself, WTF is this all about? I've worked putting flyers beneath people's windshields for businesses, and it sucks hardcore, I can't imagine anybody doing this on their own time. Most people just throw them away, I'd watch them do it and think to myself, damn that was a waste of time ,but at least I was getting paid by the hour!!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 08:47:53 PM »
So are you getting paid by the hour to post on a forum where everyone hates you with good reason?

That sounds like a much worse job than going around depositing flyers.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 08:54:13 PM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"

..until you just did.

11/10

Really? Don't you read the threads you start? Believe me I couldn't make something that absurd up out of the blue.

I'd hate to see you become the next fornits member to join the Whooter Patrol and piss away hour after hour doing nothing much of anything useful. Those are hours you can spend slipping anti-AA flyers under windshields at your nearest AA meeting. You've done this before, you posted that you felt incredibly liberated by the experience.

Perhaps Che Gookin was just joking around, ironically suggesting that arguing with Whooter is a waste of time just like slipping flyers beneath people's cars? I have no idea, but this is where I saw it and thought to myself, WTF is this all about? I've worked putting flyers beneath people's windshields for businesses, and it sucks hardcore, I can't imagine anybody doing this on their own time. Most people just throw them away, I'd watch them do it and think to myself, damn that was a waste of time ,but at least I was getting paid by the hour!!

Nope Che is not joking about this... It is something I have done for years now... I have editided a bunch of information from the Orange Papers that will leave an newcomer and sometimes a seasoned AA member to question what they are doing at the meetings... Take a look at my footer where it says "AA is a cult" and I have a link to the Orange Papers webby... Take a gander at it for your self...

Peace and much healing

:peace:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 09:00:13 PM by Botched Programming »

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 08:54:39 PM »
So are you getting paid by the hour to post on a forum where everyone hates you with good reason?

That sounds like a much worse job than going around depositing flyers.

The good reason to hate me is because I say a program saved my life? I haven't told anybody here they weren't abused, I'm just saying what happened to me. Should I lie about my own experience, to fit in here, and have people not hate me? That's why I call this place a cult, because honesty isn't respected, only ideology. If I was here selling programs, I'd probably post a link or two to the programs I thought were the best, don't you think? But hey, don't let logic get in the way of a good conspiracy, I know how much fornits posters enjoy them.

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 08:58:44 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Nope Che is not joking about this... It is something I have done for years now... I have editided a bunch of information fro the Orange Papers that will leave an newcomer and sometimes a seasoned AA member to question what they are doing at the meetings... Take a look at my footer where it says "AA is a cult" and I have a link to the Orange Papers webby... Take a gander at it for your self...

Peace and much healing

I've looked over the orange papers website before, it's interesting. I disagree, I think AA, at least for me was a very positive experience and I enjoyed it and the people a lot. Do you have any of the flyers scanned on your computer? It would be interesting to see what they look like, I'm curious now after hearing about it.

I am sincerely interested though, why do you think AA is so bad? Is it because the abusive program you were in used AA, or did you have other experiences with AA that made you feel this way? Obviously something must have happened, if you are motivated enough to pass out flyers on your own time.

Have you ever run into anybody while posting it on their car? Did they get upset, or were they open to what you had to say? Sorry for all the questions, this is the first time I've heard about this tactic before. Do you think it works, has anybody contact you and said thanks for the flyer, I don't go to AA any longer? I'd love to hear some stories about how you do this, and what happens if you run into people or something. Like I said, I like AA but I find this interesting and am open to hearing your opinions on AA. What makes me curious most of all, is what happened that was so bad at AA that would give someone this kind of motivation? Thanks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 09:56:12 PM »
I've looked over the orange papers website before, it's interesting. I disagree, I think AA, at least for me was a very positive experience and I enjoyed it and the people a lot. Do you have any of the flyers scanned on your computer? It would be interesting to see what they look like, I'm curious now after hearing about it.

I am sincerely interested though, why do you think AA is so bad? Is it because the abusive program you were in used AA, or did you have other experiences with AA that made you feel this way? Obviously something must have happened, if you are motivated enough to pass out flyers on your own time.

Have you ever run into anybody while posting it on their car? Did they get upset, or were they open to what you had to say? Sorry for all the questions, this is the first time I've heard about this tactic before. Do you think it works, has anybody contact you and said thanks for the flyer, I don't go to AA any longer? I'd love to hear some stories about how you do this, and what happens if you run into people or something. Like I said, I like AA but I find this interesting and am open to hearing your opinions on AA. What makes me curious most of all, is what happened that was so bad at AA that would give someone this kind of motivation? Thanks

Max... I will attempt to answer all of your questions if I miss anything I am not evading questions, just ask me and I will answer you to the best of my ability... I will remain quiet as this is personal info that I care not to devulge wide open on the internet with as it is no body's buisness other than mine and whoever else I feel confortable sharing it with.

To address if I have the paper scanned into my computer, I have several drafts as I update material so they are not seeing the same info over and over... I give them stuff to piece together... Makes some of the oldtimers actually question their own words in meetings.. seen it happen first hand as I went to a meeting and saw a guy with double digit years share about the papers that he has read and even commented how it had him not sure of some things.

As far as getting caught by any, they have seen me putting out flyers but they assume it is a restraunt menu or something,,, remeber I live in FL. I tend to make sure that everyone is inside and sometime I go in and act like I was just late for the meeting... remember seated from prayer to prayer..

Why do I not like 12 step groups in genereral, well I really feel all 12 step groups are cults, most people do not end up in a meeting just because thier lives are peachy perfect, through working their so called steps they tear down a persons individuality, proceed to trying to instill in their minds that with the first whatever they are going to die, and if a person does choose to partake, they get flooded by shame and guilt. Been to to many meetings see it regularly here with all the dang halfway houses for all the industry treatment centers that ship their products here.

As far as my experiences in 12 step groups, I refrain from answering... You have to be a friend or loved one for me to talk to you about  that... No offense... I don't know you.. Anonimity.

My motivation for it comes from how treatment centers either bastardize the steps and try to use them to break down a client and make them submit to a fucked up way of thinking...they must operate within the bounds of group think... they do not rely on their own instincts and survival skills..

Hope this answered most of your questions

Much peace and healing

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 10:00:22 PM »
THIS MIGHT WORK[attachment=0:fe4iwvcl]aa flyer 2.jpg[/attachment:fe4iwvcl]
?©?€~¥@

Offline photo man

• View Profile
Edited
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 10:08:40 PM »
Edited
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:23:56 AM by photo man »

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 10:22:20 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
THIS MIGHT WORK[attachment=0:1kq9mdgo]aa flyer 2.jpg[/attachment:1kq9mdgo]

Extra-special bonus points if you can get the pub in question to actually honor it, or attach some kind of coupon that they already do honor.

Offline photo man

• View Profile
Edited
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »
Edited
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:24:10 AM by photo man »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 11:16:35 PM »

..until you just did.

11/10

Nope Che is not joking about this... It is something I have done for years now... I have editided a bunch of information from the Orange Papers that will leave an newcomer and sometimes a seasoned AA member to question what they are doing at the meetings... Take a look at my footer where it says "AA is a cult" and I have a link to the Orange Papers webby... Take a gander at it for your self...

Peace and much healing

BP, what happened. Seriously just what in gods name happened to you. Don't blame it on a program either. Dude you are a certified "whack job" and I am not kidding.
Che, is a fucking idiot and your listening to him. Hey, try this. Tell Che to hump his ass from meeting to meeting placing a flyers under wind shields.
BP, do you also go to Baptist Churches and do the same thing.
Last, go to your local T/C program and place flyers under their windshields.
Don't be a stooge.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 11:30:02 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

..until you just did.

11/10

Peace and much healing

BP, what happened. Seriously just what in gods name happened to you. Don't blame it on a program either. Dude you are a certified "whack job" and I am not kidding.
Che, is a fucking idiot and your listening to him. Hey, try this. Tell Che to hump his ass from meeting to meeting placing a flyers under wind shields.
BP, do you also go to Baptist Churches and do the same thing.
Last, go to your local T/C program and place flyers under their windshields.
Don't be a stooge.

(1) It's none of your business... I don't know you
(2) I was doing this way before Che knew anything about it.. I turned him on to the idea
(3) just because it.s a church don.t mean anything... Any orginization can rent a room from a church for meetings..meetings are not affiliated with the church in any way...
(4) I am so sorry your brain is all fucked up with stepcult group think.
(5) Most important...FUCK YOU!!!

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 11:30:43 PM »
Botched, can I make a flier for you to put out for me? I heard of this chick who got raped after an AA meeting by her "sponsor".  I'll run down the information for you.