Author Topic: Fornits: A Primer for the Uninitiated  (Read 8087 times)

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
Re: Fornits: A Primer for the Uninitiated
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 06:55:13 PM »
I just want to interrupt the Whospam by pointing out that the same guy telling us that we shouldn't go to shrinks or call cops is the one calling the locals fringe cult extremists. :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 06:55:57 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

Everyone who has been here long enough knows that banning doesn't bother me.

Wrong... You whined and complained to admin daily until they allowed you to come back the last 2 times you were banned...
Plus I've been here longer than you.

Why are you so threatened by people who disagree with you?  Your argument must be weak if you need to resort to considering banning someone vs having a discussion.

Not threatened... just disgusted with having to put up with you over excessive posting, battling with every person who has some negative points about programs... And the disharmony that you carry with you. Is this the way you are in your home life... I know you will not answer that question honestly or at all... Waste of my time typing it to you.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 06:58:02 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Is this the way you are in your home life...

He doesn't have one of those. Too busy posting on Fornits. :D
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 07:09:23 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:45:19 PM by Maximilian »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 07:16:42 PM »

Everyone who has been here long enough knows that banning doesn't bother me.

Wrong... You whined and complained to admin daily until they allowed you to come back the last 2 times you were banned...
Plus I've been here longer than you.

Good, then you know that the banning was in error.  It was due to an admin who lied about my postings.  Once my posts were reviewed it was determined that I was not flooding.

Why not be honest?  If you were here than you would know this.

Again, Botched, you see what you want to see.  You see me as the bad disruptive troll who needs to be banned and you see Dysfunction Junction (etal) as an innocent bystander that was done wrong lol.

You are proving my point with every post.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 07:23:31 PM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"

OK, this is ironic, you have to admit. Because you are defending a form of treatment (psychiatry) which in my experience, was ineffective and, actually, I found most of the experience quite negative. The psychiatrists I saw seemed trigger happy when it came to hospitalization. I was put in several times because I said the wrong thing, and was just a bit too honest about my intentions to continue to use drugs. Since I had overdosed and almost died before, they considered my behavior a form of suicide. My treatment involved talking to a psychiatrist for five minutes, and him prescribing me more and more meds, until I entered a stupor in which I was no longer wanting to go out and kill myself through bad behavior, because I was like a walking vegetable.

Your parents took you to a quack... Did your parents go to counseling sessions with you ?? If not there in lies the problem... What you were going through was not a personal disorder it affected the whole family and the whole family needed to be treated. As far as meds go, a good doctor checks levels.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 07:29:59 PM by Botched Programming »

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2010, 07:29:26 PM »
Nah, he's just making shit up. Again.

And every time Whooter says that "you know" or "everyone has agreed", on anything, it's a fair bet that the opposite is true. For example, we now know that Whooter deserves to be immediately banned.

Offline Pile of shit

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »
http://www.elanalum.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4035

dannyb50 > Danny

http://www.elanalum.com/Forums/viewtopi ... 27&start=0

Re: Those who got out and did nothing should be ashamed

Postby dannyb50 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Not to jump on the band wagon of Doug, please explain when the hell do we talk about why we ended up in Elan in the first place. Listen I didn't end up their b/cuz I was having a tremendously fascinating life w/ all kinds of successes. Hey most of us came out of juvenile detention centers, other treatment centers, somekind of diagnostic center, mental health centers,or other types of special schools and let me tell ya' we weren't on the "honor rolls" in these instutions either. I am not condoning, excusing or anything else that can be called abusive that happened there but isn't it a little calling the kettle black. I was freaking ABUSIVE man always that's what scared little guys do at 13,14,15,16,ect....I just didn't like when Vicent Smith and Mike ? jacked my ass up b/cus I wouldn't stop acting inappropriate. First time in my life at that time that I coundn't lie my way out, run my way out, fight my way out or talk my way out. It was over for me. Dude I am not a "VICTIM" I stopped that when i realized I was a mature responsible adult. So yes Elan was a dark place and Elan also was a beacon of light. This world holds both what path are you on. Love and Peace brother. Daniel L. Bennison Elan 3 & 5 (75' till 77')
WOW!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2010, 07:37:10 PM »

Good, then you know that the banning was in error.  It was due to an admin who lied about my postings.  Once my posts were reviewed it was determined that I was not flooding.

Again, Botched, you see what you want to see.  You see me as the bad disruptive troll who needs to be banned and you see Dysfunction Junction (etal) as an innocent bystander that was done wrong lol.

Nope... At that point all of your anonymous post were not linked, so admin I hate to say made an error in judgement allowing you back on this site...

I was around when the ban happened and was appaled when you were able to return

As far as DJ goes he is the thorn in you ass as you are the thorn in mine... Never said DJ was innocent, he just never bothered me.

And by the way what in the hell is your point anyway ???  ( POINTLESS)

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2010, 07:39:22 PM »
Quote from: "anythinganyone"
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
If your kids are psycho, call a local shrink (and go to therapy with them),

IF the kid lets it slip to the shrink, that they might be thinking of harming themselves, they will earn a one way ticket to the locked psychiatric unit, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

Not true.  If it seems very likely that someone will kill themselves, then the psychiatrist will be required to have them sent to a mental health facility.  A mental health professional is not required to send someone over just because they are merely considering or thinking about suicide or self-harm.

Psychiatrists specialize in on thing, in my experience, and that is putting you on as many psych medications as they can. In my opinion, I don't think that is a very effective strategy for dealing with a troubled teen. I'm sure a lot of people think drugging your kid into a stupor is a fine solution, but it's not a long term solution, it doesn't change the reason they behaved in a negative way. It only covers up the problems, then the kid will have to deal with them when they are an adult, on their own. They will also have to deal with the messy process of coming off the very strong medications psychiatrist prescribe like it's candy, on their own.

There are crappy psychiatrists and wonderful ones, as with any profession sadly.  Medication is supposed to be an aid, not a solution, and hopefully, all sides would recognise that.  Besides that, no one is forcing pills down anyone's throat.  People are welcome to get second opinions etc.

I take medication, and a very low dose at that, and it has helped me tremendously.

Have you been or seen what goes on in an adolescent psychiatric unit? All of the things people complain about here happening in programs that harm children, they happen also in hospitals. IN fact the most negative experiences I had in treatment were hospitals like these, I wouldn't go so far to call it abuse, but it was harsh and restrictive and controlling, way more so than the program ever was. Not to mention the added fact, that they will pump you so full of medications you don't know up from sideways.

Specific examples please.  

Usually therapy for teens, they go by themselves and talk to a therapist. I think family group therapy can work, but if a teen is troubled usually the communication broke down prior to that within a family.

In other words, family group therapy only works when there isn't a problem.  Good philosophy.

OK, this is ironic, you have to admit. Because you are defending a form of treatment (psychiatry) which in my experience, was ineffective and, actually, I found most of the experience quite negative. The psychiatrists I saw seemed trigger happy when it came to hospitalization. I was put in several times because I said the wrong thing, and was just a bit too honest about my intentions to continue to use drugs. Since I had overdosed and almost died before, they considered my behavior a form of suicide. My treatment involved talking to a psychiatrist for five minutes, and him prescribing me more and more meds, until I entered a stupor in which I was no longer wanting to go out and kill myself through bad behavior, because I was like a walking vegetable.

My parents insurance eventually refused to allow me any more treatment after several hospital stays, and so the psychiatrist suggested I be transfered to long term. The only place my parents could afford out of pocket was wwasp. I think most families try therapy, family therapy, and psychiatrists before seeking out such a long term, expensive option, but maybe I'm wrong. My family did, over a course of a couple years and I only got worse. I really was intent on destroying myself, and had to be forcibly stopped against my will. I know that's not the case for everybody, as I've read here, but it's accurate in my case. At the program, they helped me get off the meds, because I didn't want to be a zombie. When I left the program I was no longer on meds, and it felt good to actually feel things once again.

I could give you lots of examples of the things that happened in psychiatric hospitals I considered negative, but to be honest I don't really want to get into that right now.  If I could go back and choose for myself, I would rather been sent to a
wilderness program or private program than a hospital, but that's me. Thanks for your post.

Now that I think about it, it is kind of humorously ironic.

I would go to a hospital, but that's just me as well.

I can't help but question your authenticity; I get the impression this is just a story that keeps getting new parts pumped in whenever they are of use.

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 07:39:39 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:44:49 PM by Maximilian »

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 07:50:39 PM »
Forced treatment does not work Max.... This is where a parent needs to make a stand and make a child go to counseling as a family and continue doing it even if the child don't want to open up... I take it you family only hit 1 or 2 counseling sessions and gave up... That don't show real love...They needede to be in it for the long haul and not expect a program to fix their little kiddie.

For any form of treatment on a mental condition can work an open mind must be present... Like grafting a dead branch on a live tree... Just will not work

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 07:51:11 PM »

Nope... At that point all of your anonymous post were not linked, so admin I hate to say made an error in judgement allowing you back on this site...

I was around when the ban happened and was appaled when you were able to return

As far as DJ goes he is the thorn in you ass as you are the thorn in mine... Never said DJ was innocent, he just never bothered me.

And by the way what in the hell is your point anyway ???  ( POINTLESS)

If you were appalled that I was allowed back, what (in your opinion), would justify banning me?  What have I done that others have not?

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 07:51:50 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:44:23 PM by Maximilian »

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 08:00:21 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:43:54 PM by Maximilian »